1.    #1  
    with all this new chatter about 4G TP's, I'm confused. Maybe someone can enlighten me on this:

what would receive faster download speeds:

A) wifi TP with a Sprint LTE hotspot device
    B) 4G TP with its own data plan and sim

Q1: will a wifi TP download at LTE speeds since it's using an LTE hotspot? Or does its own hardware reduce it to 3G speeds anyway, so don't bother getting LTE and just get the 3G/WIMAX-4G model?

Q2 does a 4G TP work only at H+ speeds? And over ATT GSM network only?

thank you in advance!
    Option A would be better for a few reasons.

- a strong, uncrowded WiFi N connection to a hotspot would be faster
    - hotspots would serve other devices also (laptops, phones, etc)
    - speeds could possibly increase w/ better hotspots or equipment upgrade
    - you can choose hotspot carriers based on coverage; you're stuck w/ your 4G plan
    - if the device allows networking you can access/share resources w/ others

Im sure there are many more
    Hi, from factory the TP4G's are locked to AT&T but most sold nowadays are unlocked by the seller. CeejayR here on the forum sells them for a decent price unlocked. In case you buy it elsewhere, CeejayR is the guy to go to for an unlock code which he can provide for a reasonable fee. The TP4G is (FauxG) H+ indeed. You could opt to open up the TP4G (instructions on iFixit) and replace the Ericsson module with a Sierra MC7700 for proper 4G/LTE.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Hi, from factory the TP4G's are locked to AT&T but most sold nowadays are unlocked by the seller. CeejayR here on the forum sells them for a decent price unlocked. In case you buy it elsewhere, CeejayR is the guy to go to for an unlock code which he can provide for a reasonable fee. The TP4G is (FauxG) H+ indeed. You could opt to open up the TP4G (instructions on iFixit) and replace the Ericsson module with a Sierra MC7700 for proper 4G/LTE.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    so you can now swap an H+ modem for an LTE one? that's awesome.

If that's possible, is it also possible to add one to a wifi TP? if not, what is preventing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    so you can now swap an H+ modem for an LTE one? that's awesome.

If that's possible, is it also possible to add one to a wifi TP? if not, what is preventing it?
    Swapping H+ Ericsson with Sierra MC7700 always worked already (support has been in the kernel and drivers in webOS 3.0.x from the start it seems) Recently I managed to get the MC7710 (European version of the MC7700 working as well!).

Installing the card into a WiFi TP won't work (due to missing circuitry). This has been confirmed by TopTongueBarry I believe quite some time ago and maybe by others too.
    Last edited by Herrie; 11/21/2013 at 07:35 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2