Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    The famous Touchpad Go, the one that went to Poland last year, has been put to sale on eBay.

http://touch.ebay.com/tablet/item?it...&sk=SCH_441969

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 4
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    The famous Touchpad Go, the one that went to Poland last year, has been put to sale on eBay.

eBay Tablet Web

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 4
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If HP doesn't force eBay to yank the auction, we may see more on eBay!
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out. If HP doesn't force eBay to yank the auction, we may see more on eBay!
    I thought there were only about 3 in the world? I don't think thwre will be many more in ebay.

Please someone prove me wrong

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    brum likes this.
    I thought there were only about 3 in the world? I don't think thwre will be many more in ebay.

Please someone prove me wrong

There are quite a few... My guess would be at least 50 to 100. I got 3 with different versions of Android recently
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    cbosdell likes this.
  5. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    sold and no price visible? Or what does "Auction has ended, this item is no longer available." mean?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by thg View Post
    sold and no price visible? Or what does "Auction has ended, this item is no longer available." mean?
    Perhaps the reserve price (minimum to be sold) was not met and the auction ended before that happened.

People tend to be greedy on these matters. The seller won the TP for free, and he asks for a minimum.

Perhaps the reserve price (minimum to be sold) was not met and the auction ended before that happened.

People tend to be greedy on these matters. The seller won the TP for free, and he asks for a minimum.

The maximum bid of $357.37 was below the seller's reserve price, so the auction ended without it being sold.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    The maximum bid of $357.37 was below the seller's reserve price, so the auction ended without it being sold.
    That goes to show that according to those that bid the value of the device was $357.37, although the owner thought it was worth more, the public (who bid), said no.

I have seen the Touchpad 4G for $200...

Although the Touchpad Go is rare (~25), it seems that a bunch are now popping up around in china? The value of the Touchpad Go as per the above bid is around, ~$360, Now the public price is set. Private sale prices will be higher...

Just like the guy who keeps trying to sell the Pre3 Touchstone for more then the public will pay...

Good old Supply/Demand/Price...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    That goes to show that according to those that bid the value of the device was $357.37, although the owner thought it was worth more, the public (who bid), said no.

I have seen the Touchpad 4G for $200...

Although the Touchpad Go is rare (~25), it seems that a bunch are now popping up around in china? The value of the Touchpad Go as per the above bid is around, ~$360, Now the public price is set. Private sale prices will be higher...

Just like the guy who keeps trying to sell the Pre3 Touchstone for more then the public will pay...

Good old Supply/Demand/Price...
    They can be bought from Chinese websites for around EUR 100-150 each depending on version (3G/WiFi), storage (16/32/64GB), OS (Android and/or webOS).
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    They can be bought from Chinese websites for around EUR 100-150 each depending on version (3G/WiFi), storage (16/32/64GB), OS (Android and/or webOS).
    Links?

TaoBao, it has been mentioned here before, but the site is Chinese so you would need to have local people or use an agent. I have many Chinese colleagues who travel back and forward and they're always willing to help me :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    TaoBao, it has been mentioned here before, but the site is Chinese so you would need to have local people or use an agent. I have many Chinese colleagues who travel back and forward and they're always willing to help me :-)

Hook us up Herrie! I'd pay EUR 100 for a Go!!
    You can make some nice Christmas coin selling all of us Go's. I would buy at least 2 to play with.
  14.    #14  
    I could get one

MartinH@webos likes this.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I won the TouchPad in connection with contributing an undisclosed amount to charity, which may or may not be considered "for free" depending on how you look at it.

I have set a minimum price on the auction because I have no pressure to sell it fast (or even at all) and mostly I wanted to see how the market would value it (which turned low, maybe not unsurpisingly) rather then sell it for low buck. If I have been "greedy" as you suggested, I would have sold it last year when lots of people contacted me after the raflle and tried to get it from me.

I have actually used the device as my daily driver for some time, but I need some applications which are not, and never will be available for WebOS. So I have finally made the decision to leave the Palm world for good, after 13 faithful years which started with a Handspring Visor Pro. I have been the first user of unlocked Palm Pre in my country (which you can check by browsing this very forum) and for some time I wrote PalmOS software for a living (still available in many places in the Web), but now I feel it is finally time to move on to a different platform.
    Rnp likes this.
    You could use ACL to run Android apps :-)

I could get one
    What do you mean? How can you get one? Can you get one GO for all of us (in Germany)?
    I sent PM to you.
    Maybe someday .............
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Sooner than you think :-) More I cannot say ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Sooner than you think :-) More I cannot say ;-)
    Let me guess, "the official release date of ACL for webOS is imminent"
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 11/25/2013 at 01:15 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast