Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    my HP touchpad shut down on me on Sep 25 I try all but no luck. So I left it on the touchstone charger and yesterday night Nov 1 the battery signal was on, 15 min later touchpad up and running normal, by the way I install android with no issues also when it shut down I was on android on my way to place it on charger when it went dead. So just don't give up yet. I will post here if anything go wrong again. good luck bud
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptKeeper View Post

Second error:
    QDL mode not found
    Aborting.
    Solution: I did several things at once without really knowing which did it. I plugged it into a different port, I held power+home+power up for 30 secs, and I typed lsusb (thats LSUSB uncapitalized) in the command promt and found qualcom, inc .gobi.

Last error:
    Writing file tz.mbn ...
    Sending MAGIC...
    MSG: Qfprom Fuse List: Blowing FAILED
    MSG: Failed Fuse addr:
    MSG: 0x00000000
    MSG: Error Status:
    Sending secureMode...
    Sending openMulti ...
    MSG: Open multi failed, unknown error
    ERROR: Open multi failed, unknown error
    Invalid openMulti response.
    Cannot write file tz.mbn
    Aborted.

This one seems to be the death knell for it. "diagnose an hp touchpad" doesn't really pull anything up in google because hp hasn't released any real information about it (I guess). However, this error seems to mean that there is a hardware problem. I pulled it apart one last time and really went over all the boards and every connection and it looks perfect, so I don't know. The last time that the touchpad worked was right before I put it into my back pack and come home from school and put it on a charger. It was in it's case, and there was no rough handling and no water damage. It just failed. I spent several weeks looking up solutions but at this point all signs seem to indicate that it truly is bricked.

I hope that this is more inclusive for anyone out there, as it was very difficult to find information that wasn't just "hold power and home for 30 secs" and "your battery is dead, replace it".

I hope it helps. I'll update this is anything changes.

Krypt
    Hi there,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have done pretty much what TheKryptKeeper has done on the prev page, and am always left sitting at a ubuntu screen showing the same fail mode.
    Writing file tz.mbn ...
    Sending MAGIC...
    Sending secureMode...
    Sending openMulti ...
    Cannot write file tz.mbn
    Aborted.

Is it even worth changing the battery here, or is it a completely knackered mainboard.
    I'm happy to disassemble the Touchpad, and purchase a new battery, but if the mainboard is knackered then its not worth the effort/cost

Cheers
    Last edited by stagger321; 12/06/2013 at 02:43 PM.
  3.    #23  
    Well, you heard what my suggestion was; it has some unspecific hardware failure. However, it seems that some people are saying that because it is a flash drive version of linux it is having trouble. I'm not too inclined to believe that though as the tpdebrick website suggests it.

I actually revisited this site because my second touchpad went blank while on the charger. This time I even had it set to turn off if it fell below 10%. So, that's fun during finals week.
    Quote Originally Posted by stagger321 View Post
    Hi there,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I have done pretty much what TheKryptKeeper has done on the prev page, and am always left sitting at a ubuntu screen showing the same fail mode.
    Writing file tz.mbn ...
    Sending MAGIC...
    Sending secureMode...
    Sending openMulti ...
    Cannot write file tz.mbn
    Aborted.

Is it even worth changing the battery here, or is it a completely knackered mainboard.
    I'm happy to disassemble the Touchpad, and purchase a new battery, but if the mainboard is knackered then its not worth the effort/cost

Cheers
    I know this is an old post, but I had the exact error and fixed it. Through a combination of TPDebreick, doctoring and manually recreating the partitions. ( I know TPDebrick also does that, but this is what worked for me.) I hosed my TP trying to install the update of LuneOS and obviously typed something wrong. Initially it was pretty grim because I could not even get into recovery mode and I had the blowing FAILED error. Once TPD did not work 2 or three times, I tried it again in on a PC running the latest 64 bit Ubuntu version and after running it I was successful enough that recovery mode worked again. I tried doctoring 3.0.5 then 3.0.0 without success - it fully completed but I only had the hp logo boot loop - and at this point I rebuilt the partitions and tried 3.0.5 again and lo and behold my TP was happy!

It took a little work and some of it was throw it all at the wall and see what sticks, but once again the TP's ability to come back from the dead was truly impressive. One other thing I did was to ensure my battery was fully charged as my first attempts it was pretty low.
    ArchonAdvisors likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12