Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Mattecko. I see you've managed it and the chmod step for me was just checking they were as they should be rather than changing them so you should be fine.

In addition to Herrie's instructions, I use Xecutah (available from Preware) to run the command line as this way I don't need my PC with me!
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Mattecko. I see you've managed it and the chmod step for me was just checking they were as they should be rather than changing them so you should be fine.

In addition to Herrie's instructions, I use Xecutah (available from Preware) to run the command line as this way I don't need my PC with me!
    Always have a laptop at work and a pc at home, but yes, Xecutah would also do the trick
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    OK. Now running 1.2 on a newly Dr'd TP and loaded up the Market. All works fine so after downloading a few new things I stumbled across 'Tube Map' by mxdata. Clicked on Departures and received an error message advising it couldn't't continue as Play Services were not installed. So I clicked install . . . was taken to Play store and then the TP froze. When it started again, I noticed I now have Google Play - build 4.5.10.

Not sure if this can be replicated and not sure what files to check/locate to see what has changed.

Still, it works but with the usual app availability for CM7.
    What version of the Market did you load?

I can't get to Tube Map by mxdata in the Google Market (version listed in this thread) on my TouchPad. I can see it on my PC in the Play Store, but it shows it as incompatible with the TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Unfortunately you will need to edit your build.prop file to get access to more apps on android market. However no one has posted a working one yet for tp. So I've not installed Android market on acl yet.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    WDPage - I tried this again on my main TP and it didn't work :-( I have no idea what I did differently, except the main TP wasn't doctored and the test/spare one was.

Oh bother!
    Got it working on the first try! Not happy with the limited selection in the app store. I was really hoping to change out the default keyboard see how poor it is while the Touchpad is in landscape.

Maybe (if I didn't miss it already) we can post a thread about the best apps for ACL on the touchpad.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by normsland View Post
    Unfortunately you will need to edit your build.prop file to get access to more apps on android market. However no one has posted a working one yet for tp. So I've not installed Android market on acl yet.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

so I've founded the build prop. file in system file using root explorer app and use the text editer to change the name of the ro.product brand, name & device model to another tablet model etc but to do this is says I need root the android device first. Any body know how to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyblueeye View Post
    so I've founded the build prop. file in system file using root explorer app and use the text editer to change the name of the ro.product brand, name & device model to another tablet model etc but to do this is says I need root the android device first. Any body know how to do this.
    I know how to do this...Look at my previous post on ACL thread: ACL - Release Thread
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Take a look at my post and see if it helps...

PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL

Here is my step by step

Depending on the version of ACL you have beta 0.6.x or release 1.0.1/1.2.0 the beta used /opt/omww and the release uses /media/omww... So modified below with [opt|media] if using the beta use opt if release use media...

1) Goto the URL download the gapps package, DO NOT FOLLOW THE URL'S DIRECTIONS (as it is for another tablet).
    2) Unzip the gapps package.
    3) Copy the three APK files OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk, GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk, and vending-3.1.3-signed.apk to your Touchpad USB media drive (either by disabling ACL, or WIFI sharing)...
    4) Make sure ACL is enabled (which allows system to be mounted).
    5) Remount system read/write mount -o remount,rw /[opt|media]/omww/android/system
    6) Copy the three APK files above to /[opt|media]/omww/android/system/app
    7) Change there modes chmod 0644 APK file (replace APK file with the file names above).
    8) Validate vending app is still there (some reported that it gets deleted) ls -l
    9) Remount system read only mount -o remount,ro /[opt|media]/omww/android/system
    10) Reboot Touchpad
    11) Validate all APK are still there, if not repeat process of the APK that is missing...
    12) Reboot, Validate
    13) Reboot, Validate
    14) Reboot, Validate
    15) Ok enough if they are still there the they will normally stay...
    16) Launch market, sign-in or create new, please be patient it seems that it is working in the background and does not accept all tap inputs... keep trying.... keep trying...
    17) If one of the APK's disappear repeat process...
    18) Once you click done it will come up with a sync and finish page click finish.. wait wait wait..
    19) I had to close market and reboot the Touchpad, but it worked given enough time...
    20) Enjoy the market...
    21) Smile...
    Thanks a lot, the how-to worked with my TP. I have all the apps I paid before.
    All good, but on one machine I have: 'Process com.android.setupwizard' failing to start and apparently locking the ACL system up ~ have cleared Dalvic Cache & reloaded ACL (0.6.0.5) but to no avail.. I cant seem to stop 'the process' ~ any further ideas please?

PS. Don'r forget 'Getjar' for some useful free Apps too!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeingBoston121 View Post
    Got it working on the first try! Not happy with the limited selection in the app store. I was really hoping to change out the default keyboard see how poor it is while the Touchpad is in landscape.

Maybe (if I didn't miss it already) we can post a thread about the best apps for ACL on the touchpad.
    same here. I got the Amazon app store to work no problem but the apps are limited. I was trying to get Watch ESPN and Dailymotion.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Since upgrading to 1.2.0.3 I no longer have the Google Market. I tried reloading the apk's and all goes well until I touch the Market icon. It asks for account details, I tap on Yes and the card zooms off the top of the screen never to be seen again!

Anyone else upgraded and still have the Market?
    Since upgrading to 1.2.0.3 I no longer have the Google Market. I tried reloading the apk's and all goes well until I touch the Market icon. It asks for account details, I tap on Yes and the card zooms off the top of the screen never to be seen again!

Anyone else upgraded and still have the Market?
    When you upgrade it installs an updated system.img, you have to re-install the APK's, and re-configure again, I have done it and tested it on V1.0.1, V1.2.0, and V1.2.0.3 and all worked for me, YMMV...

Although I did not upgrade, I uninstalled ACL before I then installed newer version.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Thanks John. If the wife gives me a few minutes over the weekend I'll have another play. . .

Noticed something else now whilst typing this - the webOS keyboard keeps disappearing and I have to touch the dialogue box to bring it back. Damn annoying!. Maybe time for a restart :-(
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Need some help installing the play store. Ive downloaded the three gapp files to my touch pad download directory. Using novaterm I run the SU command and it appears to work(no error messages), then run the mount -o remount,rw /media/omww/android/system command and returns no errors.

I tried to copy the three files to the proper directory using esfile explorer but get a copy failed error. Using root checker it appears I done have root level access.

If I cant get the play store installed ACL is a bust for me.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jrv331 View Post
    Need some help installing the play store. Ive downloaded the three gapp files to my touch pad download directory. Using novaterm I run the SU command and it appears to work(no error messages), then run the mount -o remount,rw /media/omww/android/system command and returns no errors.

I tried to copy the three files to the proper directory using esfile explorer but get a copy failed error. Using root checker it appears I done have root level access.

If I cant get the play store installed ACL is a bust for me.
    Thanks
    Ok, the method I described is using webOS native Linux commands, not using Android's...

You seem to be confusing the two... If you have done SU correctly (in xbin and chmodded gu+s) then it should also work in Android, but from your above comment, your SU is not chmodded correctly so you do not have root access in Android so you can not copy the files...

When in webOS (when Developer Mode is invoked and one is terminaled in via novaterm one always already has root access), on device if using xTerm, one can reset it to also always have root. So running su (Android's) in webOS is confusing the two OS...

ACL is Android wrapped inside a jailed SDL/PDK app if one follows the webOS directions it will work, confusing the two may work, but as you can see it is not for you...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    John, thanks for the reply. Can you help me out here. If Im on the TP using xterm and type su, I get an error that I need suid which returns errors. I have es file manager installed and when I try to turn on root access it says it cant. I do have developer mode on.

If I hook the TP up to my computer and start novaterm I can do the su and mount -o remount,rw /media/omww/android/system command with no problems. But I can not copy the three files to my TP. I still dont have root access even after the su command.

I cant be the only one having problems, is it possible to get "do this, then do this... instructions"

Thanks
    John, thanks for the reply. Can you help me out here. If Im on the TP using xterm and type su, I get an error that I need suid which returns errors. I have es file manager installed and when I try to turn on root access it says it cant. I do have developer mode on.

If I hook the TP up to my computer and start novaterm I can do the su and mount -o remount,rw /media/omww/android/system command with no problems. But I can not copy the three files to my TP. I still dont have root access even after the su command.

I cant be the only one having problems, is it possible to get "do this, then do this... instructions"

Thanks
    Again, confusing the two...

webOS does not need SU command, if in Developer Mode, one already has root access to their file system...

if you can mount the file system as read/write then you should be able to copy the three files from the root of the USB (which is /media/internal) to the android file system.

Assuming you put the APK files on the USB drive when webOS was is USB mode?

Again screen shots, or command line out would help...
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I must be way off base here then causing something is way off.

I have developer mode on and the three files in my "download" directory.

If I plug my TP into my pc and put it into usb mode, I dont see any /media/omww/android/system directory

Unplugging the TP from the computer and use file explorer to go to /device/opt/omww/dev/ the only folder I have in there is vfbtmpfs.

Again using file explorer and going to /device/system/apps and try to copy the files here produces and copy failed error.

I did a complete TP DR restore before installing ACL

I was following these instructions

"In the webOS terminal ( i was using novaterm)

type su

then

mount -o remount,rw /opt/omww/android/system

download gapps for gingerbread and extract the zip

copy vendor, OneTimeInitializer, and GoogleServicesFramework to /opt/omww/android/system/apps/ ***I do not have this directory+*****
    reboot

open the playstore and it'll ask you to setup your google account. It'll take forever and seem unresponsive. After awhile it'll show to add your account and it'll work.

the play store works pretty fast.

the above is for 1.0.1 of acl. newer versions are located at /media/omww/android/system " *** I do not have this directory either

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I must be way off base here then causing something is way off.
    Again, you keep showing me Android...

Stop, looking thru Android...

These are not the Droid's you are looking for... (Star Wars quote)...

In reference to /media/internal is a webOS directory not Android...

In reference to /media/omww/android/system this is a webOS directory not Android...

You are still confusing the two... Again as long as you are using Developer Mode SU is not needed in webOS...

This is what I should see in webOS thru novaterm or xTerm, or WOSQI command line:

$ novaterm
    root@webOS:/# ls
    Settings dev lib media proc tmp
    bin etc lost+found mnt sbin usr
    boot home md5sums.gz sys var
    root@webOS:/# cd /media/omww/android/system
    root@webOS:/media/omww/android/system# ls
    app build.prop fonts lib modules xbin
    bin etc framework media usr
    root@webOS:/media/omww/android/system# mount -o remount,rw /media/omww/android/system
    root@webOS:/media/omww/android/system# cp /media/internal/*.apk ./

What I see is Android, stop using Android, this is best done in webOS as once in Developer Mode one has root.

FYI When you put the Touchpad into USB mode the root you will see is /media/internal/ you will not see anything above this root, as this is by design of webOS, so copy the three files to the root of the USB drive not in "download" or any other but root. So as /media/omww is at the same level as /media/internal and the USB root is mapped to /media/internal why would you think you would see anything above?

In your case you would have to modify the copy command with:
    root@webOS:/media/omww/android/system# cp /media/internal/download/*.apk ./

I will try to explain via a house assume you have a three bedroom house and you are in a bedroom, and your door and all windows are closed, can you see inside another bedroom? NO, you must open the door go into the hall, close the bedroom door, walk to the door of the other bedroom and open the door and walk in...

/media/internal is one bedroom which is the USB root.
    /media/omww is another bedroom, which you can not see via USB because they are not in the same room.
    Last edited by John Steffes; 03/01/2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Grabber5.0 and MikeN68 like this.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast