Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    What would be nice is an idiots guide to install apps in ACL. Also, having a master app list that would list compatibility would be helpful (like they used to have back in the day with Wine on Linux).
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    I installed office suite and surprise - market is now play and interface is much faster.

Update : don't do this. The apps installed through play does not appear on home screen. And crashed acl on reboot.

Update 2: removed and reinstalled ACL. Everything fine now with play running. Cool.
    Last edited by cvendra; 10/22/2013 at 11:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Same here, but not by installing office, the market updated to play store and runs faster. No crashes however and apps seem to install fine. Still apps being uninstalled or settings that don't stick.
    OK, here's what -I- did to get my market working, at least, once

Install ACL 0.6.0-5.
    Reboot.
    Use Android Browser to get the Amazon app store
    Use Amazon app store to install "ApkInstaller", it has an icon with a little cardboard box, and a little green Android guy superimposed on it. In screenshots, it shows 4 colorful buttons: "Install Apps", "Manage Apps", PC Version", "Help".
    Use it to install, in batch: Google Services Framework, Google One Time Init, Setup Wizard, Market.
    Reboot.
    When device comes back up, it asks me if i want to launch something in either Launcher or in Setup Wizard.
    Select Setup Wizard.
    It goes through the Google account setup process. If you tap a button and nothing happens, go looking for the new page inside one of the prior windows that are already open. You'll find it, and be able to continue on.
    Once the account is setup, I just launched Market, it asked me to accept terms, I said Yes, and now I'm in.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    renater, Rnp and 1969tc like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Take a look at my post and see if it helps...

PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL

Here is my step by step

1) Goto the URL download the gapps package, DO NOT FOLLOW THE URL'S DIRECTIONS (as it is for another tablet).
    2) Unzip the gapps package.
    3) Copy the three APK files OneTimeInitializer-signed.apk, GoogleServicesFramework-signed.apk, and vending-3.1.3-signed.apk to your Touchpad USB media drive (either by disabling ACL, or WIFI sharing)...
    4) Make sure ACL is enabled (which allows system to be mounted).
    5) Remount system read/write mount -o remount,rw /opt/omww/android/system
    6) Copy the three APK files above to /opt/omww/android/system/app
    7) Change there modes chmod 0644 APK file (replace APK file with the file names above).
    8) Validate vending app is still there (some reported that it gets deleted) ls -l
    9) Reboot Touchpad
    10) Validate all APK are still there, if not repeat process of the APK that is missing...
    11) Reboot, Validate
    12) Reboot, Validate
    13) Reboot, Validate
    14) Ok enough if they are still there the they will normally stay...
    15) Launch market, sign-in or create new, please be patient it seems that it is working in the background and does not accept all tap inputs... keep trying.... keep trying...
    16) If one of the APK's disappear repeat process...
    17) Once you click done it will come up with a sync and finish page click finish.. wait wait wait..
    18) I had to close market and reboot the Touchpad, but it worked given enough time...
    19) Enjoy the market...
    20) Smile...
    Well, I was experiencing the same troubles with Amazon app store and Market on both a GO and a 4G that many others have been reporting, until this afternoon.

Amazon app store and Android Market would go away or do strange things after a restart of the device.

Here's the fix that resolved the disappearing app store issue on both devices:.

- Although Step 5 above calls for "Remount system read/write mount -o remount,rw /opt/omww/android/system" so the files can be moved and chmod them but there's no step in the process to return the filesystem back to RO.

- Insert this command between steps 8 and 9 before you perform the reboot called for in step 9
    mount -o remount,ro /opt/omww/android/system
    - Amazon app store and market no longer disappear after a reboot and strange behavior seems to be minimized.

- Next ISSUE I've found a way past:
    - Inability to sign on to an existing google account or even create a new one from Market or the OS account settings..
    - This came straight out of Google help:"Some applications that work outside a browser aren't yet compatible with 2-step verification and cannot ask for verification codes. Older Android devices/versions often fall into that category.
    - Solution: Set up an application specific password for your OMWW TP so it can authenticate on Google + without two step authentication.. Right after I set up an application specific password and cleared the market application data / cache, then did a reboot, I was able to add my Google account without any failures.

Both Amazon app store and Market are still working fine and have lived through at least a dozen reboots on each device. Of course both apps are still a little flaky but this is still considered pre-release ..........
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 10/30/2013 at 09:38 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Well, I was experiencing the same troubles with Amazon app store and Market on both a GO and a 4G that many others have been reporting, until this afternoon.

Amazon app store and Android Market would go away or do strange things after a restart of the device.

Here's the fix that resolved the disappearing app store issue on both devices:.

- Although Step 5 above calls for "Remount system read/write mount -o remount,rw /opt/omww/android/system" so the files can be moved and chmod them but there's no step in the process to return the filesystem back to RO.

- Insert this command between steps 8 and 9 before you perform the reboot called for in step 9
    mount -o remount,ro /opt/omww/android/system
    - Amazon app store and market no longer disappear after a reboot and strange behavior seems to be minimized.

- Next ISSUE I've found a way past:
    - Inability to sign on to an existing google account or even create a new one from Market or the OS account settings..
    - This came straight out of Google help:"Some applications that work outside a browser aren't yet compatible with 2-step verification and cannot ask for verification codes. Older Android devices/versions often fall into that category.
    - Solution: Set up an application specific password for your OMWW TP so it can authenticate on Google + without two step authentication.. Right after I set up an application specific password and cleared the market application data / cache, then did a reboot, I was able to add my Google account without any failures.

Both Amazon app store and Market are still working fine and have lived through at least a dozen reboots on each device. Of course both apps are still a little flaky but this is still considered pre-release ..........
    This process worked perfectly for Google Marketplace. Thank You!!!

Amazon app store still goes away. This process doesn't seem to address that.

I'm using ACL 0.6.0_5.
    Quote Originally Posted by WDPage View Post
    This process worked perfectly for Google Marketplace. Thank You!!!

Amazon app store still goes away. This process doesn't seem to address that.

I'm using ACL 0.6.0_5.
    What worked for me was copying the Amazon app store apk into that same folder you copy the Google Marketplace apks in the above directions. It seems to prevent it from disappearing on a reboot.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cbosdell View Post
    What worked for me was copying the Amazon app store apk into that same folder you copy the Google Marketplace apks in the above directions. It seems to prevent it from disappearing on a reboot.
    Thanks cbosdell, I'll give that a try. Did you do the mount-remount process or just copy it in?
    Quote Originally Posted by WDPage View Post
    Thanks cbosdell, I'll give that a try. Did you do the mount-remount process or just copy it in?
    I did the whole mount-remount process and changing the file permissions then rebooting several times to be safe.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    WDPage likes this.
    just installing market seems to be enough for me to be able to get amazon to stick.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Followed John's instructions and after a while realized I needed Novaterm to change the permissions (number 5). After that and a large number of reboots, all has been well for a week or so - on both my 32 and 64.

I now have the Amazon App store, Google Market, SlideMe Marketplace and of course OpenMobile AppMall all stable and working (to their own abilities!)
    Hi! i have tried for several weeks and no luck with the Android Market App store, Any suggestions I have follow the instructions and no luck.
    I'm able to install it, and the icon is the touchpad and I can open it without any trouble but when i click the app to download it says error downloading the app.

I have the Amazon app store and work great.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgcheco View Post
    Hi! i have tried for several weeks and no luck with the Android Market App store, Any suggestions I have follow the instructions and no luck.
    I'm able to install it, and the icon is the touchpad and I can open it without any trouble but when i click the app to download it says error downloading the app.

I have the Amazon app store and work great.
    I would like to help, it worked for me? I am not sure what issues are you having, Picture? Video? would help?

Assuming you used the source I posted, and you copied the apk's to the system\app folder, changed the mode using chmod to 0644 and then remounted the file system as read-only...

Then when you reboot (about five times) to make sure everything worked you should be able to associate your Google account, and then download apps?

This has worked for me on three different (webOS with ACL) devices and on those devices I have done this process at least three to four times now, so I have done this at least twelve times and it has worked for me?

FYI I found associating the Google account was tricky as the dialog box does not always come up in the window you think it should.
    Hi!
    I'm adding a screenshot
    The apps are on the system/app folder and with chmod 0644 and more than 5 time reboot, my gmail account is already associated. the system is read only.

This can't download any app.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    This works fine on ACL 1.0.1! Thanks!

Don't forget to use the information provided by TTB above about returning the filesystem to RO.

Thanks Barry.
    Last edited by WDPage; 12/22/2013 at 10:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    OK. Now running 1.2 on a newly Dr'd TP and loaded up the Market. All works fine so after downloading a few new things I stumbled across 'Tube Map' by mxdata. Clicked on Departures and received an error message advising it couldn't't continue as Play Services were not installed. So I clicked install . . . was taken to Play store and then the TP froze. When it started again, I noticed I now have Google Play - build 4.5.10.

Not sure if this can be replicated and not sure what files to check/locate to see what has changed.

Still, it works but with the usual app availability for CM7.
    I'm Confused on how to do the whole mount and remount step. Would love to get the market on here.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    I'm Confused on how to do the whole mount and remount step. Would love to get the market on here.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    You can connect with Novaterm or WOSQI command line and execute from there :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You can connect with Novaterm or WOSQI command line and execute from there :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Still confused with what exactly to put on the command line
    Seemed to get it to work! Didn't do the chmod step. Paid apps don't work sadly
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast