Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I recently got a USB Hub from Vibe, with a micro-usb, usb male end and 2 usb female ends. I was wondering if it it is possible for me to use it as a USB Otg for my Touchpad. I tried, but I don't think that it work. I'm kind of new to this OTG stuff so can somebody guide me in this?
    Quote Originally Posted by wang_r1w2 View Post
    I recently got a USB Hub from Vibe, with a micro-usb, usb male end and 2 usb female ends. I was wondering if it it is possible for me to use it as a USB Otg for my Touchpad. I tried, but I don't think that it work. I'm kind of new to this OTG stuff so can somebody guide me in this?
    The thing that's a special requirement on the touchpad for USB otg is you must send 5v back to the touchpad USB port. Most hubs don't do that.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    You need the otg adapter a usb Y cable and a hub with power supply. Power up the hub with its own supply, connect one of the usb hub "inputs" to the Y cable connect the usb hub "output" to the Y cable, plug the Y cable into the otg adapter, plug the otg adapter into the TouchPad.. In this configuration the usb "input" supplies power to the TouchPad usb input through the otg adapter. You can eliminate the Y cable if you open up the hub and shunt across the diode that runs from the power input to the usb output. this will allow power and data to go through a single cable to the otg adapter. If you do mod the usb hub, never connect it to a computer while its own power supply is connected. It is safe to use on a computer as long as the computer is the only power source. Reverend Kyle on you tube has an excellent video on using the TouchPad with usb peripherals.
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3 > Galaxy S7 edge