1.    #1  
    Is this possible, anybody tried it or opened a TP touchstone for any other reasons?

This way the case could be open on the upper side and not on the buttem side.
    Quote Originally Posted by nichtwirklich View Post
    Is this possible, anybody tried it or opened a TP touchstone for any other reasons?

This way the case could be open on the upper side and not on the buttem side.
    The Touchstone is not the limiting factor--it's the location of the induction coils inside the TP--they would have to be relocated to make this work.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    The Touchstone is not the limiting factor--it's the location of the induction coils inside the TP--they would have to be relocated to make this work.
    Or relocate the Touchstone induction coils?

Anyway.. here's an early teardown + Pix:: HP’s wireless Touchstone charger for the TouchPad gets torn down, FCC approved |

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    I can't see the point of doing such a complex operation.
    I just fold the case behind it.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I just fold the case behind it.
    This does work, though the charging rate is much slower due to the increased spacing between the TP and TS. The TP is also less stable, so you might find it expedient to lean the TS back at a shallower angle.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix