Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Hey everyone,

Considering the Touchpad came out July 1, 2011 and is comparable to the iPad 2 in specs I was wondering:

Over 2 years and three months later, would it be worth picking one up? I have my original fire sale Touchpad in mint condition. It has no scratches on the screen, went in a case as soon as I got it out of the box and I am proud to say has NO cracks around the speakers!

Anyway, given the insane number of choices, sizes and price points in the Android camp is it worth picking up a 2nd Touchpad at this point? (I would dual boot webOS and Android since the webOS ecosystem is all but gone unfortunately.)

What would a good price be considering the dated technology, how well does Android work and is it worth it? I LOVE webOS which is why I want a back up unit. However, I also recognize that I can probably get comparable specs in a new Android tablet for around the same $$$ as a used Touchpad right now.

What are your thoughts? Thanks!
    Proud owner of a 16GB HP Touchpad since 10/26/2011!
    Proud PALM user since the Palm III in 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    Hey everyone,

Considering the Touchpad came out July 1, 2011 and is comparable to the iPad 2 in specs I was wondering:

Over 2 years and three months later, would it be worth picking one up? I have my original fire sale Touchpad in mint condition. It has no scratches on the screen, went in a case as soon as I got it out of the box and I am proud to say has NO cracks around the speakers!

Anyway, given the insane number of choices, sizes and price points in the Android camp is it worth picking up a 2nd Touchpad at this point? (I would dual boot webOS and Android since the webOS ecosystem is all but gone unfortunately.)

What would a good price be considering the dated technology, how well does Android work and is it worth it? I LOVE webOS which is why I want a back up unit. However, I also recognize that I can probably get comparable specs in a new Android tablet for around the same $$$ as a used Touchpad right now.

What are your thoughts? Thanks!
    Hi jrb363,

you might want to check this thread Thinking of buying a TP which already covers some of your questions.

I recently decided to purchase a TP to accompany my Pre3

Regards,
    UW
    Handspring Visor -> Palm Centro -> HP Pre 3 / HP TP 4G -> amazon fire phone 64GB