1.    #1  
    When I connect my Touchpad to my computer via USB, it says that I need to format the disk before I can use it. Is there a way around that?
    I would test it with a different computer first before I do anything. And a different USB cable.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    What OS are you using on your box?

Has there been any major changes on the computer since the TP was last connected?

Have you verified that the novacomd process is running?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  4.    #4  
    @Alan, that didn't work

@RumoredNow

Windows 7, no major changes (unless you count installing AutoCAD), and how do I do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybirdman View Post
    @Alan, that didn't work

@RumoredNow

Windows 7, no major changes (unless you count installing AutoCAD), and how do I do that?
    Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up task manager

Click on the Processes tab and scroll down the list searching for novacomd.

Also see here: How To Recover - WebOS Internals for restarting Novacom Service.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    If he's plugging in his Touchpad to a computer and clicking USB Drive on his TP (or whatever the syntax is, I'm not at home) he shouldn't need novacomd installed. At that point the Touchpad becomes like a giant flash drive and windows should provide a default flash drive driver. Am I wrong about that? I'm going to plug my TP into my wife's laptop tonight and see if Windows 7 tries to install something other than a default driver.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    If he's plugging in his Touchpad to a computer and clicking USB Drive on his TP (or whatever the syntax is, I'm not at home) he shouldn't need novacomd installed. At that point the Touchpad becomes like a giant flash drive and windows should provide a default flash drive driver. Am I wrong about that? I'm going to plug my TP into my wife's laptop tonight and see if Windows 7 tries to install something other than a default driver.
    That's the problem... Without novacom, Windows has no drivers and won't download them. It defaults to seeing the TouchPad as a mass storage unit (like a thumb drive) and not a device with an independent OS.

Mobile Nations Devotee
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    That's the problem... Without novacom, Windows has no drivers and won't download them. It defaults to seeing the TouchPad as a mass storage unit (like a thumb drive) and not a device with an independent OS.
    Tried it on my wife's windows 8 laptop, the touchpad told me it couldn't go into USB mode because too many cards were open? I'll install novacom and try again.
    Have you restarted your Touchpad in a while? Too many cards error on Touchpad isn't very common. I suppose the other big question is...DID you have a ton of cards open?
    Follow me on Twitter