1.    #1  
    So after completely destroying the chroot install by not realizing that a certain application that will provide a one-click LAMP install also destroys every other package in the process, I'd like to try triple-booting Ubuntu 13.04, Android, and webOS (I intend to re-install the chroot afterwards).

What I'm having trouble understanding is how exactly to get both Ubuntu 13.04 and Android on at the same time- some guides list the smackme2 installer, or nsboot, or ACMEinstaller 2 (or 3), and references to 'moboot' all over the place.

Can someone help decipher the 20 tutorials that all manage to say different things? What files do I need to download, where do they need to go, and what commands do I need to run?

I'd like to get Ubuntu 13.04 and the latest stable (and fully-featured, but I'd rather a version that can play audio with the screen off if the two aren't the same) version of Android.

Any ideas?
    i did a guide/info thread on how to have ubuntu native running and how to mount the native ext3fs in webOS so that ubuntu chroot can share the native ext3fs partition space but wont clash/damage the native install.

i linked the native 13.x thread i used to install with, is that the same one you have seen, if so, whats the issue/problem your facing atm.

Native and Chroot Ubuntu

note i havent actually tried a full proper install as i overwrote the previous ubuntu native 11/12 installs i had previously.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3.    #3  
    So is it Android or Ubuntu first?

I remember you posting that a while ago.
    I wiped out the chroot (and opt) partitions to prepare for this (I recall one of the installers mentioning an automatic 4GB partition script) when I accidentally toasted that install- but it doesn't seem to mention which partitions are for Android.
    technically it shouldnt matter which you do first, android / CM9/10 create their own android partitions, the native ubuntu install script should also create its own ext3fs partition, you just have to have enough space free on the webOS side as the webOS partition gets shrunk each time.

when i tried ubuntu native 11/12/13.x i already had CM9 then 10 installed, i even used tailor after the CM10 install to increase the 2 main android partitions that imho are too small as standard.

CyBoot - Manage moboot settings for Android dual boot

that post shows how to mess with your default bootup if cyboot doesnt work for you, also that folder contains the files used to boot native ubuntu, i do recall having an issue at 1 point as id upgraded from 11 to 12 then 13 and some error sprang up so i had to copy some files there myself, a fresh install as opposed to an upgrade "should" work without issue.

I'd run the android installer first, then the ubuntu native stuff, if anything breaks or goes wrong, webOS shouldnt be affected as android/ubuntu create their own install spaces, again just make sure theres enough free space on the webOS partition for them to use/steal from.
    I just found your post geekpeter. Last night I tried to install the ubuntu 13... on my HP TouchPad and all seems to go smoothly. I see the two penguins and a bunch of scrolling text. But when the tablet reboots, there is no option to boot into kexec. And also somehow but not sure how I did it. When I get into the Kexec bootloader, It says that there is no bootable OS found.
    I did some research and it seems to be pointing to lack of space in the /boot dir.

Can you shed some light on this?
    Currently I got WebOs on the Pad and CM 9..Tenderloin on it.
    I'm thinking maybe to a complete uninstall of android and start with a fresh WebOS system?
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Unit86 View Post
    I just found your post geekpeter. Last night I tried to install the ubuntu 13... on my HP TouchPad and all seems to go smoothly. I see the two penguins and a bunch of scrolling text. But when the tablet reboots, there is no option to boot into kexec. And also somehow but not sure how I did it. When I get into the Kexec bootloader, It says that there is no bootable OS found.
    I did some research and it seems to be pointing to lack of space in the /boot dir.

Can you shed some light on this?
    Currently I got WebOs on the Pad and CM 9..Tenderloin on it.
    I'm thinking maybe to a complete uninstall of android and start with a fresh WebOS system?
    o didnt spot this reply, um the issue with the boot area filling up simply means theres too many files in there, if your lucky you may have some un-needed or out of date stuff you can delete to free up some space, at first id probably double check all the files in there are files you actually need and remove any files that may be from old and obsolete CM installs etc before trying anything else more drastic.