1.    #1  
    all of a sudden I'm getting a notification to check my google login from account settings. It will not accept my password. I updated the catalog before the deadline...
    You might want to login via gmail.com and check there. Google sometimes blocks access via devices when they suspect something suspicious (like foreign IP when traveling etc)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I am getting this notice all the time for the last 3 days on my TP. When I click the alert, my accounts opens up, but there is no yellow triangle like there normally is when Google has this problem. I am able to enter my password and it saves fine, but shortly after, another alert shows up. So I just swipe it away. Not sure what has cause this to happen on my TP as it hasn't happened on my Pre2 which uses the same account.

Hope we find an answer.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    This problem recently happened on both my Touch Pad and Frankenpre 2. Click on the link below and follow the instructions:

https://support.google.com/accounts/...yUnlockCaptcha

Basically you have to create what Google calls an "Application specific password". You will use the generated password once in place of your usual password on the device. Once used, you will then be able to access google mail, contacts, calendar, etc., and use your usual password later if need be, via the webOS applications.
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohaynes View Post
    This problem recently happened on both my Touch Pad and Frankenpre 2. Click on the link below and follow the instructions:

https://support.google.com/accounts/...yUnlockCaptcha

Basically you have to create what Google calls an "Application specific password". You will use the generated password once in place of your usual password on the device. Once used, you will then be able to access google mail, contacts, calendar, etc., and use your usual password later if need be, via the webOS applications.
    This is for those with 2-step verification. But the log in prompt is happening in my account without 2-step verification too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cvendra View Post
    This is for those with 2-step verification. But the log in prompt is happening in my account without 2-step verification too.
    I don't have 2 step verification and it happens to me too when traveling, above link DID fix it for me though!