1.    #1  
    I bought a 16GB TouchPad that wouldn't charge, turns out it charges fine on the Touchstone, but the USB port is shot. The power & volume buttons don't work either, but it works-the previous owner set a password, so I can't use the device as is, nor can I wipe it or doctor it.
    This week I got a 32GB off ebay that wouldn't turn on, I tried the tpdebrick and it failed at the same place others do, seems to be unrevivable. I'm going to combine good parts to make 1 good TouchPad. Obviously, I will use the good power buttons & USB port, is the memory on the mainboard? Wondering if I can get a 32GB and some parts out of this.....
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I bought a 16GB TouchPad that wouldn't charge, turns out it charges fine on the Touchstone, but the USB port is shot. The power & volume buttons don't work either, but it works-the previous owner set a password, so I can't use the device as is, nor can I wipe it or doctor it.
    This week I got a 32GB off ebay that wouldn't turn on, I tried the tpdebrick and it failed at the same place others do, seems to be unrevivable. I'm going to combine good parts to make 1 good TouchPad. Obviously, I will use the good power buttons & USB port, is the memory on the mainboard? Wondering if I can get a 32GB and some parts out of this.....
    You could possibly build a 32GB unit if the motherboard in the 32GB TouchPad is good. I can't find any motherboard pictures without shields so I'm going with the assumption that the flash ram is on the motherboard. If the 32GB motherboard is unable to boot and you're good at SMD soldering then you could transfer one of the flash ram chips (and its associated support components) to the 16GB motherboard. This could be a 32GB chip that would replace your 16GB chip or it could be another 16GB chip that would fill an empty pad. Hopefully your 32GB board is good and it is some other device that is causing the failure to boot. After all is said and done, a working 16GB TouchPad is certainly better than no TouchPad.
    Last edited by namgod; 09/22/2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: missing word
    Pilot 1000 w/5000 upgrade > Palm Pilot Pro w/2meg hand soldered ram > M130 > TX > VZPre+ oc1ghz webOS 2.1 +classic +flash +2.2.4 Bluetooth > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > TouchPad 32gb LunaCE w/cyanogen dual boot > Motorola Bionic ( What the hell was I thinking?)the Bionic sucked > VZPre 2 oc 1.2ghz webOS 2.2.4 (Super Verizon) > BlackBerry Q10 > HP VZPre 3
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE