1.    #1  
    Under Device Info, my Device name appears as "USERNAME's HP TOUCHPAD" (eg: hptouchies's HP TOUCHPAD) . Is yours like that too? I don't remember registering my name in this device.
    Hmm i think i did enter a name at some point, wasnt it when you first used the device and create your webOS account, it should have asked for a name back then.

i dont think ive been asked when ive doctored multiple times, only the very very first time i used it?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Geekpeter, does this mean that your touchpad also shows "(your name)'s HP Touchpad", or "HP Touchpad" (as I have seen in YouTube tutorials)?

Anyway to change this name other than the device itself? Say Webos doctor or palm profile online? Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by ryestine View Post
    Geekpeter, does this mean that your touchpad also shows "(your name)'s HP Touchpad", or "HP Touchpad" (as I have seen in YouTube tutorials)?

Anyway to change this name other than the device itself? Say Webos doctor or palm profile online? Thanks in advance!
    Only if you use LunaCE you can change the HP WebOS on the left top corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryestine View Post
    Unless you have some sort of wireless way of remoting into the Touchpad and gaining root access to do the change via commandline...I doubt it. If you DO develop a way to do that make sure to share!
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    mine is set as PeterHPTouchPad, which i do recall setting on my very first activation, and i do remember it because it ends up your terminal prompt when using xterm/ubuntuchroot.

EDIT: lol, for a laugh i confirmed the name in settings/device info, and i accidentally clicked the name shown, seems you can edit it here and it sticks, i didnt know that didnt know that was an editable box/field.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    mine is set as PeterHPTouchPad, which i do recall setting on my very first activation, and i do remember it because it ends up your terminal prompt when using xterm/ubuntuchroot.

EDIT: lol, for a laugh i confirmed the name in settings/device info, and i accidentally clicked the name shown, seems you can edit it here and it sticks, i didnt know that didnt know that was an editable box/field.
    it's you can change it to whatever.
    Always been the case with phones as well since 1.4.5 at least.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Just realised they are editable. Haven't changed them but my TP is "HP TouchPad" and my Pre 3 is "James Hitch - HP Pre3". Might change the HP's to Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by 60RH View Post
    it's you can change it to whatever.
    Always been the case with phones as well since 1.4.5 at least.
    nice, id just assumed it was a r/o infobox as opposed to an editable field, was never an issue so id never tried b4 ah well, still learning things it seems.