Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Willie Simpson1
  1.    #1  
    Hi. Forgive me if I am retreading on tired topics.

    I haven't booted up my Touchpad in close to a year. Like many, when I got, I installed all the pre-ware stuff with the bells and whistles.

    When I booted it up again tonight, I wanted to download an app. I paid 2 bucks and it failed to install. I then realized that everything I had installed was miserably out of date and I, foolishly, began trying to update whatever it would let me. In the end, I broke the HP app store.

    I tried a Full Erase, not the ultimate one, and when I enter my HP data, it tries to download all my apps again but each application fails, including downloading the app store.

    My question is, how do I just get this thing back to ground zero so I can download the application I just paid for?

    What steps do I have to take. If anyone can help me out, or point me to relevant threads, I'd be much obliged.

    Thank You!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Simpson1 View Post
    Hi. Forgive me if I am retreading on tired topics.

    I haven't booted up my Touchpad in close to a year. Like many, when I got, I installed all the pre-ware stuff with the bells and whistles.

    When I booted it up again tonight, I wanted to download an app. I paid 2 bucks and it failed to install. I then realized that everything I had installed was miserably out of date and I, foolishly, began trying to update whatever it would let me. In the end, I broke the HP app store.

    I tried a Full Erase, not the ultimate one, and when I enter my HP data, it tries to download all my apps again but each application fails, including downloading the app store.

    My question is, how do I just get this thing back to ground zero so I can download the application I just paid for?

    What steps do I have to take. If anyone can help me out, or point me to relevant threads, I'd be much obliged.

    Thank You!
    Welcome back...

    And welcome to the post 23 July 2013 world...

    You need to update your root certificate in order to connect to any HP servers.

    http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...te-expiry.html
    App Catalog Update fails: please help
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-everyone.html
    App Catalog Certificate update failed

    And a whole lot more...


    Once you get that sorted you might want to look over here...
    PIC Kick Starts the TouchPad with Open Mobile ACL
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  3.    #3  
    Thank you, I've been working on this for hours. I think the problem I have is that the date change technique is simply not working anymore...I guess I have to wait for some sort of patch?
  4. #4  
    sideshowbob84 shows the way in the last thread I linked about cert expiry.

    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob84 View Post
    Hi,
    i had the same problem with my veeer today. I used the steps described here: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog to get an .ipk file of the app catalog update. I installed the ipk with QuickInstall an restarted my phone after setting it back to the normal date. After that everything went smooth.
    What to do?
    After following the steps in the above thread. Redownload the the "App Catalog Update" via the Software Manager of the phone. Afterwards use QuickInstall to get the ipk file (in tools there must be something like "get file" (in german it is "Datei emfangen") paste the following in: "/media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk"), Now install the downloaded ipk with Quickinstall.

    Get the patch from post #1 here: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog and apply it.

    You can use WOSQI to install it on your device.

    Then try downloading the App Cat Update again. This time the ipk will be saved on the device. Now use WOSQI to pull the file from /media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk and use WOSQI to install it.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    sideshowbob84 shows the way in the last thread I linked about cert expiry.




    Get the patch from post #1 here: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog and apply it.

    You can use WOSQI to install it on your device.

    Then try downloading the App Cat Update again. This time the ipk will be saved on the device. Now use WOSQI to pull the file from /media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk and use WOSQI to install it.
    Thanks for your reply, I've been going through this method, step 1 mainly, and I'm confused as to which directions to follow from the previous thread. I'm just confused in general by step 1. Does following this method work?

    Touchpad Fans: How To Get App ipk Purchased from HP Catalog (Linux CMD))

    I tried it myself and I couldn't seem to make it happen. If anyone could elaborate on this method in detail for a layman like me, I'd be very much appreciated!
  6. #6  
    Looks like it would work if your timing is good...

    GMMan made a patch to make ipk retention permanent and that has many uses...

    Do you have WOSQI on your computer?

    I'd just get the patch off GMMan's thread and install it via WOSQI or Preware.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

    Windows Central Senior Ambassador

    Mobile Nations Devotee
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Looks like it would work if your timing is good...

    GMMan made a patch to make ipk retention permanent and that has many uses...

    Do you have WOSQI on your computer?

    I'd just get the patch off GMMan's thread and install it via WOSQI or Preware.
    I figured it all out, got it all to install, much to my delight. Thank you so much. Really relieved I can finally use this thing again.
    RumoredNow likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Starting again
    By chs117 in forum webOS Tips, Info & Resources
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01/21/2010, 02:15 PM
  2. Starting Over
    By sunspotwendy in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04/01/2008, 10:42 AM
  3. Starting over....
    By fkjr2 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11/06/2005, 08:05 PM
  4. Starting over with FW 1.23
    By swieder in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05/19/2005, 11:02 PM
  5. Starting Again with a New Card
    By lulugirl896 in forum Palm OS Devices & Apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11/18/2004, 09:35 AM

Posting Permissions