Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bethel95
  • 1 Post By kayphoonstar
  1.    #1  
    The email on my HP Touchpad has been working well until recently when either sending or

receiving emails would not function properly. A small yellow triangle with a black explanation

mark in the center appears at the top of each account column. When I right click on this symbol,

I get the message, "The server's security certificate is not a trusted certificate". My question: How

do I correct this problem so that I can send AND receive emails??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    What email provider do you use?

Having asked that, I wonder if this is related to the HP server security certificate expiration on July 23. Is that when your problem started?

If so, would be worth your while to follow this procedure to download the new security certificate.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth Brown Stramel View Post
    The email on my HP Touchpad has been working well until recently when either sending or

receiving emails would not function properly. A small yellow triangle with a black explanation

mark in the center appears at the top of each account column. When I right click on this symbol,

I get the message, "The server's security certificate is not a trusted certificate". My question: How

do I correct this problem so that I can send AND receive emails??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I recently had this problem using Comcast's exchange servers. What I had to do was use the browser to download and accept (trust) the certificate.

I entered the url for my exchange server into the browser, something like "https://mail.hrm1.comcast.net" and when the alert came up asking if I wanted to trust the certificate, I tapped 'trust always'.

Hope that helps!
    RumoredNow likes this.