1.    #1  
    Hi
    I'm after some advice as to the best method of erasing / resetting my Touchpad.

I have both WebOS and Android (CM10) installed on my Touchpad, and both work very well.

However, I want to sell my Touchpad but want to leave both Operating Systems installed. Having said that, I obviously want to:
    1. Erase all account settings on the device (for both O/S's).
    2. Erase all personal data stored on the device.

I have gone through the process of reseeting the CM10 installation and I get the Android welcome screen when I boot into CM10 (which is great). However, when I boot into WebOS and take a look at the internal storage, I can still see elements of data left behind on the device (which isn't so good).

So what I'm looking for is a process where I can erase all the CM10 stuff, then erase all the WebOS stuff, ready for me to sell.

Is there a standard way to do this? or do I need to start to uninstall CM10, WebOS Doctor the device and then reinstall CM10? I don't really want to use WebOS Doctor unless I have to, I'm just looking for the most effective way to get this device into a state where I can sell it.

Hopefully someone can provide the appropriate guidance.

Many thanks in advance.
    I have CM10 installed on my daughter's 16GB touchpad. I was using the webOS side of it when I got my 32GB touchpad recently. So I did a secure erase on hers in webOS using Device Info > Reset Options > Secure Full Erase. To my pleasant surprise moboot was still there and my CM10 install went untouched.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by alanmorford View Post
    I have CM10 installed on my daughter's 16GB touchpad. I was using the webOS side of it when I got my 32GB touchpad recently. So I did a secure erase on hers in webOS using Device Info > Reset Options > Secure Full Erase. To my pleasant surprise moboot was still there and my CM10 install went untouched.
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

When you reset the WebOS side of things, did it remove all information from the device? My guess would be that any data left on the CM10 partition would still be there, as (I believe) WebOS does not touch this partition.

I'm looking for a way to erase all data and settings, leaving me with a clean WebOS partition, and a clean CM10 prtition.

Thanks
    Yeah that's what secure erase does. It wipes all personal information and settings. If you have any patches installed you should uninstall them first before the secure erase. It basically sets webOS on your Touchpad back to what you would get if you opened a brand new one out of the box.
    Follow me on Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Yeah that's what secure erase does. It wipes all personal information and settings. If you have any patches installed you should uninstall them first before the secure erase. It basically sets webOS on your Touchpad back to what you would get if you opened a brand new one out of the box.
    OK, thanks for that. But as WebOS knows nothing about the CM10 installation I still need to ensure that all data is erased from there as well.

So I'm still looking for a way to ensure that all data is removed from both partitions (WebOS and CM10)
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadtom View Post
    OK, thanks for that. But as WebOS knows nothing about the CM10 installation I still need to ensure that all data is erased from there as well.

So I'm still looking for a way to ensure that all data is removed from both partitions (WebOS and CM10)
    That's easy. Just use the moboot loader to go into recovery and do a wipe cache/factory reset.
    Follow me on Twitter
  7.    #7  
    That's easy. Just use the moboot loader to go into recovery and do a wipe cache/factory reset.
    Hi
    That didn't work.

As a test I created a dummy file on the device to see if it would be deleted when resetting as above. When I rebooted the device after resetting, the file was still there

Does anyone have a list of tasks to complete when resetting both WebOS and CM10 partitions? I really want to make sure my data is removed before selling this so I either follow someones guidance (if they've done this before) or I use WebOS Doctor to totally wipe the device and start again (bit of a PITA but might be necessary).

Anyone?

Thanks for the help so far.
    Sorry it didn't work. There are a lot of threads on rootzwiki and xda about this very thing. If you do want to remove android then acmeuninstaller is your best bet. Then secure erase webOS and then doctor. Then I'd reinstall android. That way you know for sure its clean. Little extra work though.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Is there any downside to resetting the WebOS side? I'm not looking to sell my touchpad but I would love to start over on both the WebOS side and Android side. Obviously I will lose my data but will everything still work like the app store?

Twitter= MobilePowerUp
    My other question is if I'm on WebOS and I delete everything does that remove the Android side as well?

Twitter= MobilePowerUp
    Depends on what you mean by delete everything in webOS.
    If you are doing a secure erase in webOS, it only erases webOS data and leaves you the option to boot into android still with all android data intact.
    If you are doing a webOS doctor, it will wipe webOS and reinstall and YOU WILL NOT be able to access android as the doctor will remove moboot but not give you back your space either.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Thanks for the response I want to start fresh for everything and from what it sounds like I should delete Android and WebOS separately. What is the thing needed to uninstall Android?

Twitter= MobilePowerUp
    As mentioned earlier in the thread, the acmeuninstaller file will remove android and reset the partitions. It is an 'undo' of the android install process. More details can be found in the HP touchpad forums at xda or rootzwiki.

The other method involves installing the 'remove android' program from preware and then using the 'tailor' application to reclaim the android space for webOS.
    But if I use acemeuninstaller will that free up the space for WebOS too? The second option sounds a little easier as I feel more comfortable in preware vs using acme

Twitter= MobilePowerUp
    Quote Originally Posted by touchthatpad106 View Post
    But if I use acemeuninstaller will that free up the space for WebOS too? The second option sounds a little easier as I feel more comfortable in preware vs using acme

Twitter= MobilePowerUp
    Acmeuninstaller is an undo of the install, i.e. everything goes back to the way it was prior to installing android, including available space for webos. You can double check using tailor. I would suggest looking at the tailor thread here, starting with page 5.