Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PrinceAlbert
  1. timolthy's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi,

    Just bought a brand new Touchpad 64 GB. after created new sign-up, connected to Wi-Fi (no issue with connectivity to Internet).

    after booted in, the Touchpad detects there are new updates, App Catalog, Office, and few more. Tap on Update All, after downloaded each app to update, it shows 'Installation fails' or Update fails - all of 4 updates one by one. Therefore; it will not be able to install any additional from App cat, besides those that already installed by manufacturer.

    Even after "Secure Erase All' and resigned in. Did not work then "Secure Erase all" and tried create whole new account - same problem.


    Any one has this experience in their new Touchpad in recently? Maybe HP has completely discontinued the HP Touchpad services?

    Any idea ?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by timolthy View Post
    Hi,

    Just bought a brand new Touchpad 64 GB. after created new sign-up, connected to Wi-Fi (no issue with connectivity to Internet).

    after booted in, the Touchpad detects there are new updates, App Catalog, Office, and few more. Tap on Update All, after downloaded each app to update, it shows 'Installation fails' or Update fails - all of 4 updates one by one. Therefore; it will not be able to install any additional from App cat, besides those that already installed by manufacturer.

    Even after "Secure Erase All' and resigned in. Did not work then "Secure Erase all" and tried create whole new account - same problem.


    Any one has this experience in their new Touchpad in recently? Maybe HP has completely discontinued the HP Touchpad services?

    Any idea ?
    See here, post 3

    New PRE 3- App Catalog not loading after update
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  3. #3  
    Steps
    1: Date & Time app
    A: Open Date & Time app
    B: Change Network Time to "OFF"
    C: Change Date fields to prior to 07/23/2013
    D: Leave app open

    2: Software Manager app
    A: Open Software Manager app
    B: Update HP App Catalog app

    3: Date & Time app
    A: Change Network Time to "ON"
    B: Close app

    Now you should be all set to update/add apps!
    I see pandas.
    Remy X likes this.
  4. cguido's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #4  
    lol
  5. TimBoch's Avatar
    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAlbert View Post
    Steps
    1: Date & Time app
    A: Open Date & Time app
    B: Change Network Time to "OFF"
    C: Change Date fields to prior to 07/23/2013
    D: Leave app open

    2: Software Manager app
    A: Open Software Manager app
    B: Update HP App Catalog app

    3: Date & Time app
    A: Change Network Time to "ON"
    B: Close app

    Now you should be all set to update/add apps!
    Maybe this should be made a sticky since anyone with a new device or having to doctor will need to do this.
    Tim Boche

    Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TimBoch View Post
    Maybe this should be made a sticky since anyone with a new device or having to doctor will need to do this.
    But modified, since on 1.x (Pre+/-), the update is an app and not a Software Manager managed update.
  7. Semma2's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #7  
    Changing the date did not work for me - I just got "Failed" every time. But it turned out that I had already update the certificate earlier, so this is spurious failure message.
    Last edited by Semma2; 09/03/2013 at 01:47 AM.

Similar Threads

  1. Using Touchpad to change App Cat country of Pre3?
    By Andreas in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05/28/2013, 06:17 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07/16/2011, 05:12 PM
  3. Arrghh! Brand new Touchpad - App Catalog won't run
    By skadaddle in forum HP TouchPad
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07/12/2011, 02:26 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06/10/2011, 12:11 PM
  5. Goaruna App missing from app cat 1.4.5 pre
    By dubbles in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05/20/2011, 08:07 AM

Posting Permissions