1.    #1  
    The touch screen works sometimes fully and sometimes partially. i run the diagnostic test for the touch screen and sometimes all of the squares light up and sometimes they do not. i could be surfing the web and within minutes the touch screen begins to fail. help meeeee

what should i do?

it should be noted that the picture is fine, its just the touch part of it.
    Last edited by Marketpantry; 08/27/2013 at 06:01 AM.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    I'm not an doctor, but I play one in real life.
    Difficult to say what's the problem could be that one of the ribbon's connecting your lcd or digitizer is not connected properly. Or it could be that either one of them is broken. See also Is my Digitizer or LCD screen broken? - HP TouchPad - iFixit

You might be able to fix it, but it's a quite delicate process but since you're used to playing doctor in real life it shouldn't be too much of a challenge There are various guides on below site:

HP TouchPad Repair - iFixit

You might want to check this one in particular: http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Replacin...a+Cable/6074/1
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    The touch screen works sometimes fully and sometimes partially. i run the diagnostic test for the touch screen and sometimes all of the squares light up and sometimes they do not. i could be surfing the web and within minutes the touch screen begins to fail. help meeeee

what should i do?

it should be noted that the picture is fine, its just the touch part of it.
    Does this only happen when the TouchPad is connected by Cable to the Charger?

I have found that a defective cable (High resistance) causes the Touchscreento become erratic but it returns to normal when running on the Battery or with a known good cable.

The HP MicroUSB cables have heavier gauge conductors on pins 1 and 4 of the USB plug to cope with the high current drawn when on charge. Most of the commercially available MicroUSB cables will not work with the TouchPad.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Difficult to say what's the problem could be that one of the ribbon's connecting your lcd or digitizer is not connected properly. Or it could be that either one of them is broken. See also Is my Digitizer or LCD screen broken? - HP TouchPad - iFixit

You might be able to fix it, but it's a quite delicate process but since you're used to playing doctor in real life it shouldn't be too much of a challenge There are various guides on below site:

HP TouchPad Repair - iFixit

You might want to check this one in particular: Replacing HP TouchPad Display Data Cable - iFixit
    why would it work sometimes, stop working for minutes or hours. then start working again over and over?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    Always difficult to say with intermittent problems, could be defective hardware, a poor connector somewhere or a combination of various factors.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Always difficult to say with intermittent problems, could be defective hardware, a poor connector somewhere or a combination of various factors.
    so what would you suggest that i do?
    HP Touchpad 32gb
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    Does this only happen when the TouchPad is connected by Cable to the Charger?

I have found that a defective cable (High resistance) causes the Touchscreento become erratic but it returns to normal when running on the Battery or with a known good cable.

The HP MicroUSB cables have heavier gauge conductors on pins 1 and 4 of the USB plug to cope with the high current drawn when on charge. Most of the commercially available MicroUSB cables will not work with the TouchPad.
    no its happening when its disconnected as well.
    HP Touchpad 32gb
    Quote Originally Posted by Marketpantry View Post
    no its happening when its disconnected as well.
    Since you say it's just the touch part and the display itself is fine, it's probably the digitizer (or the digitizer control board) that either has a loose cable or faulty.

Since it's no longer in guarantee you could opt to open it up using the guides I posted above (equipment for doing so is quite easily accessible), check if the digitizer cable is still in place. Maybe disconnect and reconnect it (make sure your TP is powered off while doing all this).

If this doesn't solve it you could try to replace the digitizer (or digitizer control board). Digitizer goes for as little as $24,69 on eBay hp touchpad digitizer | eBay

I'm not sure how to determine if it's the digitizer or the control board that would cause the problem, but I'm quite sure there are more knowledgeable people around here that could help you out with that!