Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Well I got the touchpad in today. I plugged it in to let it charge and right away the home button began flashing. I know this has probably been sitting in a box for almost 2 years so it probably is completely drained, but after having it plugged in with the OEM cable and plug for over an hour I am making no progress.

The only thing I can get is the home button flashing. I have tried holding down the power and home buttons separately and together for 1 minute plus and I can't get it to go to the battery logo. I am going to leave it plugged in over night and hope that it will charge up enough to boot.

I also tried another charger that I know is good, and I also tried the touchstone charger. Everything just goes into the flashing home button and will not go any further than that. I am a little bit disappointed, but I am hoping its just because it sat for so long and it will be fine in the morning...any words of advice would be appreciated.
    That sucks. Will get mine from the US sometime early next week. Is probably from sitting in the box too long. There is various topics about this here though on how to fix it!

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by fej180 View Post
    Well I got the touchpad in today. I plugged it in to let it charge and right away the home button began flashing. I know this has probably been sitting in a box for almost 2 years so it probably is completely drained, but after having it plugged in with the OEM cable and plug for over an hour I am making no progress.

The only thing I can get is the home button flashing. I have tried holding down the power and home buttons separately and together for 1 minute plus and I can't get it to go to the battery logo. I am going to leave it plugged in over night and hope that it will charge up enough to boot.

I also tried another charger that I know is good, and I also tried the touchstone charger. Everything just goes into the flashing home button and will not go any further than that. I am a little bit disappointed, but I am hoping its just because it sat for so long and it will be fine in the morning...any words of advice would be appreciated.
    My mother's touchpad does that... It means that the battery has drained so much that it isn't able to charge, since it doesn't provide enough power to the charging circuit.

From what I've read so far, trickle-charging it from a computer (500 mA) over a few days is more likely to help than if you used one of the barrel chargers. Haven't tried it myself yet, but good luck anyway
    Yes.. mine came in a sealed box that must have been just sitting around for a couple of years too.. so I charged it on an HP barrel charger for 14hrs and then it booted up with no problems.

When totally flat, as 'Remy X' implies here, it seems that the A6 Power Management system can't get enough juice to even 'remember' that it is a Power Management System (of sorts!).. initially anyway!

'Bon Chance' indeed.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Remy X likes this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. mine came in a sealed box that must have been just sitting around for a couple of years too.. so I charged it on an HP barrel charger for 14hrs and then it booted up with no problems.

When totally flat, as 'Remy X' implies here, it seems that the A6 Power Management system can't get enough juice to even 'remember' that it is a Power Management System (of sorts!).. initially anyway!

'Bon Chance' indeed.

Well thats good news. At least it is some light at the end of the tunnel. I have it charging off of my work computer and I am hoping to see the battery display sometime today..
    Good luck. We need to keep as many TP alive as possible.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    Good luck. We need to keep as many TP alive as possible.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express
    If the charging method doesnt work, would it work to take the battery out of my other TP and stick it in the new one? The other one charges with no issues.

I am hesitant to do this because the last time I took my TP apart to replace the digitizer it didn't go back together so well. But if its the only option then I may have to.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Well I am seeing some progress. After having it plugged into the computer for several hours this morning I noticed the button stopped flashing. So I held the power and home button and it began flashing again. A few minutes later it came up with the plug and the message about plugging it into a sufficient power source so right away I plugged it into the original touchpad round charger and the empty battery logo showed up on the screen.

I anticipate that sometime today it will take enough charge to actually boot up. Hopefully sooner than later. I feel like I am using a defibrillator to resusitate this thing.
    Remy X, Mutoidi and Rnp like this.
    Good work! She's gettin there by the sounds of it! Got just enough power now to realize there isn't enough power - and why!

I thought you were going to say to use the defibrillator on YourSELF ~ heart stopping stuff; coaxing TP's back to life again!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Remy X and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Alright I didn't get to follow up earlier but about 20 minutes after I got the battery logo it finally booted up.

I got a SIM not provisioned message so I just took it to the AT&T store and they got it running for me. The kid in the store had never seen webOS before and he really like how you swipe up to close an app. Now I just have to get everything updated and all the patches done and what not.

Anyway thanks to everyone for the tips and hopefully if anyone else has a similar problem they will find this thread useful.
    Mutoidi and Remy X like this.
    FYI: Just found one here in south San Jose, CA, on craigslist for $250.

Not getting it myself. Tried a tablet for a while and found it didn't add anything to my life besides distraction. When mobile, my Pre 3 gets it done. At home, the laptop is fine.

A tablet on the couch only equaled tons of time wasted playing stupid games like Cut the Rope.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post

Not getting it myself. Tried a tablet for a while and found it didn't add anything to my life besides distraction. When mobile, my Pre 3 gets it done. At home, the laptop is fine.

A tablet on the couch only equaled tons of time wasted playing stupid games like Cut the Rope.
    Cut the Rope?

For only $30 more, you can get that on the Touchpad
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Cut the Rope?

For only $30 more, you can get that on the Touchpad
    Ahhahahaha! I confess, my dabbling was with a a Nexus 7. Great gadget, but yeah: No.
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post

Well.. I find that after dibbling around on Pre3 sized devices, that the TP is then like going 'Eye-max' - big screen, stereo, cinematic luxury!

TP 'Go' however, provides the ideal mix of visibility and transportability IMHO.

cbosdell and Remy X like this.
    I have a NIB 4G TP, still sealed.
    Never opened it as I have two WiFi TPs and an LTE Opal.

Would consider selling but have not pulled trigger.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    TP 'Go' however, provides the ideal mix of visibility and transportability IMHO.

Agreed! I'd get a 7" tabby again if only for use on airplanes. Especially one with webOS, TTS, and the ACL *cough.*

"How many unboxed Touchpad Go Unicorns still exist?" is an even better question! I'd do naughty things to get one of those.
    Showing a white box designed for HP touchpad go ( This model should be released in Asia 2011 in plan. So call HP PALMPAD)....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Remy X likes this.
    @lemanho,

Woah! Is the inside of the box a "watermelon" red color? Looks better than the regular Touchpad's black and makes me think of guava fruit
    Mine came in yesterday and I didn't have any problems getting it charged. When I plugged it into an old Pre charger, the screen came on with the message about using the touchpad's charger, so I just set it down on a Touchpad touchstone and let it continue.
    fej180 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    @lemanho,

Woah! Is the inside of the box a "watermelon" red color? Looks better than the regular Touchpad's black and makes me think of guava fruit
    nah, that's some bubble wrap under it it looks like.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast