Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    I brought a HP Touchpad on Ebay and it came with WebOS and Android

the WebOS had the sellers info on it so i did a full erase on web os in order to create my own account to use the app catalog

Now i cant create a new web os account and i have just realised its a demo unit

I have tried installing the the Web OS doctor to fix this issue onto my mac but the program wont install on mac and i have installed java for mac

i brought a touchpad with web os and android so i could use both systems and now with web os stuck on the set up screen i cant use it

any ideas on what do?
    Quote Originally Posted by thebilly View Post
    [...]
    I have tried installing the the Web OS doctor to fix this issue onto my mac but the program wont install on mac and i have installed java for mac
    [...]
    It doesn't need to install. The Doctor .jar file is a self-executing Java archive, so all you do is run the file. If you double-click it and it opens as a folder, you can try using command line..

If you open terminal and cd into the directory where your Doctor file is, you can type "java -jar *doctorname.jar" and it should run via command line. If i knew how to set file associations or do "open with" on OS X, i'd tell you that instead.

*"doctor name" should be the exact name of your doctor file

To enter Recovery Mode on the Touchpad, turn it off, and then hold the "up" volume key while pressing the power button and plug in the USB cord
    Last edited by Remy X; 08/08/2013 at 05:47 PM.
    RumoredNow likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your response

But none of these methods worked tried running through terminal wouldn't even open

As this is a demo unit I can't create a new account using the normal method but can on a normal touchpad or can't you create new profile anymore