Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By bethel95
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  • 1 Post By bethel95
  1.    #1  
    HI

my HP touchpad keeps on restarting on HP logo. I re-installed with web o Doctor 305. but still same. The flashing process of web os doctor is going smoothly and it's completing without any issue.

how to fix this issue. please help me to fix this

Thanks & Regards,
    Ben
    You're not the only one to post recently with this problem. Thus far, the only suggestion of any note has been to try doctoring. Since you've already done that, it's going to be difficult to say with any certainty what might be going on and what else you can try, as you're not in a position to collect and share any logging data. Sorry for being so glum, but I didn't want to see you waiting for a solution that might never come. It wouldn't be because you're being ignored, just that we're stumped.

That said, let's hope that someone is working on this problem right now, and will be sharing a solution soon.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    You're not the only one to post recently with this problem. Thus far, the only suggestion of any note has been to try doctoring. Since you've already done that, it's going to be difficult to say with any certainty what might be going on and what else you can try, as you're not in a position to collect and share any logging data. Sorry for being so glum, but I didn't want to see you waiting for a solution that might never come. It wouldn't be because you're being ignored, just that we're stumped.

That said, let's hope that someone is working on this problem right now, and will be sharing a solution soon.
    I think the only way to diagnose this hardware problem would be to memboot and run some diagnostics via Novaterm... but having never done that before, i'm not really qualified to guide him through the process... it's easy to do though...
    fxspec06 likes this.
  4.    #4  
    i tried to install webos doctor 3.0, 3.2 and 3.5 but no luck. all are same.

please anyone help me find any solution for this

HI

before Nova Teram was loading some system level terminal, like to get/check device status and all

i extracted webosdoctor305 and manually did

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>novacom.exe boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage

after that i am getting novaterm session to os, but where an i found the internal storage of my device.?

from this terminal can we repair touchpad.?
    Last edited by sledge007; 08/09/2013 at 06:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bentech4u View Post
    i tried to install webos doctor 3.0, 3.2 and 3.5 but no luck. all are same.

please anyone help me find any solution for this

HI

before Nova Teram was loading some system level terminal, like to get/check device status and all

i extracted webosdoctor305 and manually did

C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc>novacom.exe boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage

after that i am getting novaterm session to os, but where an i found the internal storage of my device.?

from this terminal can we repair touchpad.?
    You don't extract webOS Doctor, just leave the file as is from your initial download, and follow the directions as outlined here: How To Recover - WebOS Internals
    You do not install the doctor on your device, it is to be run on your PC, and once it asks you to plug your TouchPad into your PC, it will perform the necessary actions on your TouchPad.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  6.    #6  
    HI

thanks for the replay. but i did doctor many times with different versions. all process was 100 % successful. and it again rebooting on that HP logo.

the major issue discussed on that page is flashing stops at 8 % noe. but i am not facing that issue. mne it's racing 100 %

Thanks & Regards,
    Ben
  7.    #7  
    HI

i was trying recreate filesystem by following link : Talk:How To Recover - WebOS Internals

i got below error messages:

root@webos-device:/dev# lvm.static vgcreate -s 8M store /dev/mmcblk0p3
    No physical volume label read from /dev/mmcblk0p3
    /dev/mmcblk0p3 not identified as an existing physical volume
    /dev/mmcblk0p3 not identified as an existing physical volume
    Unable to add physical volume '/dev/mmcblk0p3' to volume group 'store'.

please help me
    Sorry, it's early in the morning here, and I did not see you had already run the Doctor on your device "successfully." I've never had to perform a memboot, so I cannot offer you any thoughts on what I would think would or would not work, however the instructions for doing so are in the above link. I think if you follow them to the letter, it should work. Maybe someone with a little more familiarity will see this thread and be able to offer you better assistance.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2˘ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  9.    #9  
    HI

now it failing at 8% . I tried Talk:How To Recover - WebOS Internals this tutorial.

but i got error message while issuing this command:

lvm.static vgcreate -s 8M store /dev/mmcblk0p3

is /dev/mmcblk0p3 this device is the correct one.> mine is touchpad 16 GB, but when i create a VG with /dev/mmcblk0p14, it's creating and it's giving vg size of 14900 MB

thanks & Regards
    Ben
  10.    #10  
    Hi

thanks all for your support.

finally i covered my device and installed 3.0.0 os

Thanks & Regards,
    Ben
    Hi

thanks all for your support.

finally i covered my device and installed 3.0.0 os

Thanks & Regards,
    Ben
    OK, now you should be able to doctor it up to 3.0.5.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Remy X likes this.
    HI

now it failing at 8% . I tried Talk:How To Recover - WebOS Internals this tutorial.

but i got error message while issuing this command:

lvm.static vgcreate -s 8M store /dev/mmcblk0p3

is /dev/mmcblk0p3 this device is the correct one.> mine is touchpad 16 GB, but when i create a VG with /dev/mmcblk0p14, it's creating and it's giving vg size of 14900 MB

thanks & Regards
    Ben
    Im Having Same problem WHich one did you use?
    lvm.static vgcreate -s 8M store /dev/mmcblk0p3 or
    /dev/mmcblk0p14