Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    If anyone here has swapped between ubuntu chroot and the native ubuntu project(s) we dont actually need to suck more space from webOS having 2+ different ext3fs partitions , heres a snapshot of my FSTAB which simply allows you to mount the Native Ubuntu partition inside webOS/ubuntu-chroot.

If you use chroot, remove/uninstall everything chroot related and remove the FSTAB entry chroot requires and reboot, or you can copy the contents of /media/ext3fs/ to a temporary folder and copy it back once the new fstab entry is in place and youve rebooted.

when its all up and rocking you can boot into native webOS as usual and also boot into webOS and run any of the 2 ubuntu-chroots and debian-chroot all from 1 partition (as long its its big enough to accomodate them all ofc).

if you want to save space ofc, you can simply delete the contents of ext3fs removing native to make space for chroot, then later maybe swap them over, or just use them all together.

the contents of native ubuntu will go inside /media/ext3fs however the chroots will go inside for example: /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot or /media/ext3fs/debian-squeeze-chroot etc etc inside their own subfolders so nothing "should" clash.

been a while since anyone has done anything debian/ubuntu related so just thought id slap 1 extra in there.

EDIT: ive tried thsi with all the available chroots and native ubuntu 11/12/13alpha, im now about to try 13x native final found here.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2225462

shouldnt be any different they use the same storage locations.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekpeter; 08/01/2013 at 11:54 AM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    vgg likes this.
  2. vgg
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    If anyone here has swapped between ubuntu chroot and the native ubuntu project(s) we dont actually need to suck more space from webOS having 2+ different ext3fs partitions , heres a snapshot of my FSTAB which simply allows you to mount the Native Ubuntu partition inside webOS/ubuntu-chroot.

If you use chroot, remove/uninstall everything chroot related and remove the FSTAB entry chroot requires and reboot, or you can copy the contents of /media/ext3fs/ to a temporary folder and copy it back once the new fstab entry is in place and youve rebooted.

when its all up and rocking you can boot into native webOS as usual and also boot into webOS and run any of the 2 ubuntu-chroots and debian-chroot all from 1 partition (as long its its big enough to accomodate them all ofc).

if you want to save space ofc, you can simply delete the contents of ext3fs removing native to make space for chroot, then later maybe swap them over, or just use them all together.

the contents of native ubuntu will go inside /media/ext3fs however the chroots will go inside for example: /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot or /media/ext3fs/debian-squeeze-chroot etc etc inside their own subfolders so nothing "should" clash.

been a while since anyone has done anything debian/ubuntu related so just thought id slap 1 extra in there.

EDIT: ive tried thsi with all the available chroots and native ubuntu 11/12/13alpha, im now about to try 13x native final found here.
    Ubuntu 13.04 Final Release | HP Touchpad | XDA Forum

shouldnt be any different they use the same storage locations.
    I've only had my touchpad a week and this is one of the first things I've done on it. Worked beautifully. My Touchpad now triple boots into either webos / Android 4.4/ or Ubuntu 13.04 and whilst in webOS I can use UbuntuChroot making use of the same ext3 partition as you've described above. Thanks mate
    I've only been able to upgrade the ubuntu chroot up to version 11.10 as I've not been able to find the required repositories. Any ideas?

cheers

Vito
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by vgg View Post
    I've only been able to upgrade the ubuntu chroot up to version 11.10 as I've not been able to find the required repositories. Any ideas?

cheers

Vito
    i dont think 11.x works now, personally i just did a manual release update to the higher versions which was sometimes a bit of a ballache.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<