Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 1 Post By wdiggums
  • 2 Post By lolongan
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  • 2 Post By PeterMacSF
  1.    #1  
    Can someone please help me on the verge of tears here ...today i was using my touchpad in webos and it froze on me , i then forced a restart and now it wont turn on again...i have no clue what to do at this point, ive tried the hold down power button and homescreen combo many times and it still wont start up ..i know its not an issue with the battery because it was at about 80% before it froze....whats happening to it? is it dead? do i have any hope of using my beloved tp again?
    Hi mikiloi,

Really sorry to hear you are having the issues! Hopefully it's just a 'brain fart' in the machine that will clear out in time. If you haven't done so, please read the following article about reviving a 'dead' Touchpad. There isn't a lot of tricks to try, but check with each of these and report back....

Tips to revive a dead TouchPad | webOS Nation
    RumoredNow, Remy X and mikiloi like this.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiloi View Post
    Can someone please help me on the verge of tears here ...today i was using my touchpad in webos and it froze on me , i then forced a restart and now it wont turn on again...i have no clue what to do at this point, ive tried the hold down power button and homescreen combo many times and it still wont start up ..i know its not an issue with the battery because it was at about 80% before it froze....whats happening to it? is it dead? do i have any hope of using my beloved tp again?
    plug the main charger dongle into an electric outlet, plug the usb cable into ur touchpad , and insert it into a usb port on your computer, unplug it from the computer and quickly insert the usb tab into the charger slot you have plugged into ur electric outlet. this should start it charging, it worked for me when i had this issue, good luck :-)
    mikiloi likes this.
    Holy Crap. My touchpad did the exact same thing 2 days ago. I've tried leaving it on the charging dock over night as well as plugged in. No luck reviving it so far.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Well, my TP died in august 2012. Then just some weeks ago, I found by chance a software named TPDebrick on rootzwiki.com. And you know what, my TP rise from death thanks to this miraculous cure. May be you could try also... and Good luck!
    Remy X and mikiloi like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolongan View Post
    Well, my TP died in august 2012. Then just some weeks ago, I found by chance a software named TPDebrick on rootzwiki.com. And you know what, my TP rise from death thanks to this miraculous cure. May be you could try also... and Good luck!
    Note: This is a last resort method... use at your own risk!!

TPDebrick has been designed and tested to work with an
    Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit livecd (or liveusb). The instructions that follow
    assume that you are booting an Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit livecd (or liveusb).

Here's the link: TPDebrick v004 - HP Touchpad - RootzWiki
    Remy X likes this.
    I had this happen a few weeks ago to one of my Touchpads while it was on the Touchstone and already mostly charged. Tried every documented trick to revive it, including many days on wall chargers, different Touchstones, my Pre's charger, my PC's. Nothing revived it. Read the steps necessary to replace the battery and how many others had broken their cases in the process and decided to send it out to someone listing battery replacement on eBay. Got it back a week later with all my user data intact.

Given that most Touchpads would have been made in a narrow window in time and there seem to be a rash of these issues starting to turn up in the forums, we may just be seeing the limits on the useful life of the average original battery that they shipped with.
    Remy X and mikiloi like this.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by wdiggums View Post
    plug the main charger dongle into an electric outlet, plug the usb cable into ur touchpad , and insert it into a usb port on your computer, unplug it from the computer and quickly insert the usb tab into the charger slot you have plugged into ur electric outlet. this should start it charging, it worked for me when i had this issue, good luck :-)
    thanks for replying tried that but unfortunately never worked for me ...unto the next solution
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hi mikiloi,

Really sorry to hear you are having the issues! Hopefully it's just a 'brain fart' in the machine that will clear out in time. If you haven't done so, please read the following article about reviving a 'dead' Touchpad. There isn't a lot of tricks to try, but check with each of these and report back....

Tips to revive a dead TouchPad | webOS Nation
    hey HelloNNNewman i tried leaving it on its wall charger for maybe 6 hours and then attempting a reboot ..didn't work i'll try to leave it on for longer see if it helps
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterMacSF View Post
    I had this happen a few weeks ago to one of my Touchpads while it was on the Touchstone and already mostly charged. Tried every documented trick to revive it, including many days on wall chargers, different Touchstones, my Pre's charger, my PC's. Nothing revived it. Read the steps necessary to replace the battery and how many others had broken their cases in the process and decided to send it out to someone listing battery replacement on eBay. Got it back a week later with all my user data intact.

Given that most Touchpads would have been made in a narrow window in time and there seem to be a rash of these issues starting to turn up in the forums, we may just be seeing the limits on the useful life of the average original battery that they shipped with.
    Wow great to know that can be done .. will definitely keep this in mind in case i can't fix it here at home
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadKnight View Post
    Holy Crap. My touchpad did the exact same thing 2 days ago. I've tried leaving it on the charging dock over night as well as plugged in. No luck reviving it so far.
    oh really hope we can both find a solution and get them working again
    oh really hope we can both find a solution and get them working again
    Did y'all get your pads back to right yet?

Me
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by geomon View Post
    Did y'all get your pads back to right yet?

Me
    no
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Let your Touchpad fully discharge for a few days, and the charger it with the original wall charger for a minimum of 24 hours.
    There's so many threads about how to revive a dead Touchpad that honestly, the answer is there....

Either you do all the various the button hold, the multi clicking of buttons, the letting it on slow charger (500mAh) overnight to dribble charge over a day or two, the let it drain completely for a week then try everything again.

Plug it to the computer and see it the computer sees it, even if it can't open it, if the computer sees that there is something being plugged in, there's still something happening.

Then when these still fail, you have two options...

1) get a new battery and see if that's the issue
    2) go with the Ubuntu restore of the charging circuit.

It took me over 6 months to get mine working again, and even with a new battery it still didn't boot up, the charging circuit has screwed up so that it no longer recognize the battery...

This is probably your situation...

I did it.. took me two weekends as I've never used Ubuntu before.. and wasted most of that time getting Ubuntu installed (one computer was just not able to install it), the fix itself was done within about 1/2 hour.

Revived Touchpad... my story, full instructions...

And after 6 months and everything I did, it still had all the files, I didn't have to restore anything. That as many months ago and the Touchpad is still working fine... it just hits a snag once in a while while charging where the "Charging Battery" keeps bouncing, but a simple reboot solves that.
    Last edited by imfallen_angel; 08/02/2013 at 09:20 AM.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    It is sounding more & more like a case for the brilliant 'DeBrick' treatment..
    I yet have to experience the misfortune of having to resort to that.. but it works!
    (So much so that guys are now making some sort of a living buying 'dead' TP's off ebay, DeBricking them
    and putting them back on the market (correctly) as fully FUNctional!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.