webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > HP App Catalog no longer works on Touch Pad
HP App Catalog no longer works on Touch Pad
  Reply
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bethel95

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07/27/2013, 04:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
The HP App Catalog no longer works on Touch Pad along with the Mapping Tool app.
I turned on the TP today and it asked for updates. I went ahead and did the updates but after it was finished the two apps above had the yellow triangle and no longer work.

I wasn't aware of the expiration of the HP webOS root certificate on July 23rd 2013 and did not undertake the steps to set back the date, etc., before doing the update.

Now, is there a fix for this issue to restore the functionality of the HP App Catalog and of the Mapping Tool app or is this permanent damage?
Any insights are appreciated.
JimboUS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/27/2013, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboUS1 View Post
The HP App Catalog no longer works on Touch Pad along with the Mapping Tool app.
I turned on the TP today and it asked for updates. I went ahead and did the updates but after it was finished the two apps above had the yellow triangle and no longer work.

I wasn't aware of the expiration of the HP webOS root certificate on July 23rd 2013 and did not undertake the steps to set back the date, etc., before doing the update.

Now, is there a fix for this issue to restore the functionality of the HP App Catalog and of the Mapping Tool app or is this permanent damage?
Any insights are appreciated.
Try setting the date on your touchpad prior to 7/23/13 and run the app catalog update. That should update your certificate.
creepingmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: George Monroe
Old 07/27/2013, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
bethel95's Avatar
 
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboUS1 View Post
I turned on the TP today and it asked for updates. I went ahead and did the updates but after it was finished the two apps above had the yellow triangle and no longer work.

I wasn't aware of the expiration of the HP webOS root certificate on July 23rd 2013 and did not undertake the steps to set back the date, etc., before doing the update.
Tap the yellow triangle--it should ask if you want to retry or cancel. Tap <Cancel>. That should clear the triangle. Next, reset your system date and try the App Catalog update again. If all goes well, the cert should update and you'll be able to download the Mapping Tool update (I'd recommend that you also cancel out of that old download attempt, first).
__________________

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
bethel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by RumoredNow and JimboUS1 like this.
Thanked by JimboUS1, RumoredNow
Old 07/27/2013, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
Tap the yellow triangle--it should ask if you want to retry or cancel. Tap <Cancel>. That should clear the triangle. Next, reset your system date and try the App Catalog update again. If all goes well, the cert should update and you'll be able to download the Mapping Tool update (I'd recommend that you also cancel out of that old download attempt, first).
Thanks! That and setting the date back did it!
JimboUS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/28/2013, 08:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
laingman's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,154
My app catalog has not worked in several months. It says action could not be be completed try again later. I have a gray triangle with retry being the only option. When I launch it the proper screen appears momentarily then the triangle of death.

I suppose it still works even after the expiry thing since it asked me to update kalemsoft media player and said no other updates available. I just can't browse for any new apps.
laingman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2013, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
bethel95's Avatar
 
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
My app catalog has not worked in several months. It says action could not be be completed try again later. I have a gray triangle with retry being the only option. When I launch it the proper screen appears momentarily then the triangle of death.

I suppose it still works even after the expiry thing since it asked me to update kalemsoft media player and said no other updates available. I just can't browse for any new apps.
Look in Software Manager for the HP App Catalog and HP App Catalog Payment Service version numbers & post them here.
__________________

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
bethel95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/30/2013, 11:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by laingman View Post
My app catalog has not worked in several months. It says action could not be be completed try again later. I have a gray triangle with retry being the only option. When I launch it the proper screen appears momentarily then the triangle of death.

I suppose it still works even after the expiry thing since it asked me to update kalemsoft media player and said no other updates available. I just can't browse for any new apps.
I'll ask for what I always ask for: Logs. Link is in signature.

If you can still update apps, I assume your tokens are still valid.
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/04/2013, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 1
I have the same problem as the above person, I didn't know about july 23 root certificate problem and I did change the date and tried the app catalog update but it won't work. I'm not computer savvy really either and have not been using my hp tablet in months. Is there anything else I can do?
darkstarz2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2013, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Gabriela Rasuk's Avatar
 
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
Tap the yellow triangle--it should ask if you want to retry or cancel. Tap <Cancel>. That should clear the triangle. Next, reset your system date and try the App Catalog update again. If all goes well, the cert should update and you'll be able to download the Mapping Tool update (I'd recommend that you also cancel out of that old download attempt, first).
how do i reset the data and the other thing please guide me through. i just bought this and have the same issue
Gabriela Rasuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2013, 03:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Gabriela Rasuk's Avatar
 
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
Look in Software Manager for the HP App Catalog and HP App Catalog Payment Service version numbers & post them here.
hp service payment catalog version is 2.2.13
and the hp catalog is version 5.0.2900
but the hp catalog wont install what can I do?
Gabriela Rasuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2013, 03:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Gabriela Rasuk's Avatar
 
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
Tap the yellow triangle--it should ask if you want to retry or cancel. Tap <Cancel>. That should clear the triangle. Next, reset your system date and try the App Catalog update again. If all goes well, the cert should update and you'll be able to download the Mapping Tool update (I'd recommend that you also cancel out of that old download attempt, first).
i did this and it did not work. is there anything else?
Gabriela Rasuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/29/2013, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Gwidion's Avatar
 
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela Rasuk View Post
hp service payment catalog version is 2.2.13
and the hp catalog is version 5.0.2900
but the hp catalog wont install what can I do?
Your AppCat (not the payment) is out of date. Current version should be 5.0.3500. You need to update.





Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriela Rasuk View Post
how do i reset the data and the other thing please guide me through. i just bought this and have the same issue
Go to the settings panel
Tap on date & time
Deactivate network time
Change date back before 21.July 2013
Close the card
Open AppCat
Search for App Catalog Update and install it.
Afterward activate network time again

Now it should work.
Gwidion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
app catalog on touch pad dcradeur HP TouchPad 16 09/03/2013 11:57 AM
Touch Pad changing country in App store Dobrodan HP TouchPad 6 02/01/2012 12:46 PM
App Store no longer works... acraniotes Palm Pre and Pre Plus 7 03/04/2010 01:28 AM
Help App and Help in menu pulldowns no longer works? fwestenk webOS Tips, Info & Resources 9 02/07/2010 09:05 AM
what app gives u full key-pad touch dreko151 webOS Apps & Games 1 10/22/2009 04:47 PM


 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0