Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bethel95
  1.    #1  
    The HP App Catalog no longer works on Touch Pad along with the Mapping Tool app.
    I turned on the TP today and it asked for updates. I went ahead and did the updates but after it was finished the two apps above had the yellow triangle and no longer work.

I wasn't aware of the expiration of the HP webOS root certificate on July 23rd 2013 and did not undertake the steps to set back the date, etc., before doing the update.

Now, is there a fix for this issue to restore the functionality of the HP App Catalog and of the Mapping Tool app or is this permanent damage?
    Any insights are appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboUS1 View Post
    The HP App Catalog no longer works on Touch Pad along with the Mapping Tool app.
    I turned on the TP today and it asked for updates. I went ahead and did the updates but after it was finished the two apps above had the yellow triangle and no longer work.

I wasn't aware of the expiration of the HP webOS root certificate on July 23rd 2013 and did not undertake the steps to set back the date, etc., before doing the update.

Now, is there a fix for this issue to restore the functionality of the HP App Catalog and of the Mapping Tool app or is this permanent damage?
    Any insights are appreciated.
    Try setting the date on your touchpad prior to 7/23/13 and run the app catalog update. That should update your certificate.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboUS1 View Post

Tap the yellow triangle--it should ask if you want to retry or cancel. Tap <Cancel>. That should clear the triangle. Next, reset your system date and try the App Catalog update again. If all goes well, the cert should update and you'll be able to download the Mapping Tool update (I'd recommend that you also cancel out of that old download attempt, first).

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    RumoredNow and JimboUS1 like this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Tap the yellow triangle--it should ask if you want to retry or cancel. Tap <Cancel>. That should clear the triangle. Next, reset your system date and try the App Catalog update again. If all goes well, the cert should update and you'll be able to download the Mapping Tool update (I'd recommend that you also cancel out of that old download attempt, first).
    Thanks! That and setting the date back did it!
    My app catalog has not worked in several months. It says action could not be be completed try again later. I have a gray triangle with retry being the only option. When I launch it the proper screen appears momentarily then the triangle of death.

I suppose it still works even after the expiry thing since it asked me to update kalemsoft media player and said no other updates available. I just can't browse for any new apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    My app catalog has not worked in several months. It says action could not be be completed try again later. I have a gray triangle with retry being the only option. When I launch it the proper screen appears momentarily then the triangle of death.

I suppose it still works even after the expiry thing since it asked me to update kalemsoft media player and said no other updates available. I just can't browse for any new apps.
    Look in Software Manager for the HP App Catalog and HP App Catalog Payment Service version numbers & post them here.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post

I'll ask for what I always ask for: Logs. Link is in signature.

If you can still update apps, I assume your tokens are still valid.
    I have the same problem as the above person, I didn't know about july 23 root certificate problem and I did change the date and tried the app catalog update but it won't work. I'm not computer savvy really either and have not been using my hp tablet in months. Is there anything else I can do?
    how do i reset the data and the other thing please guide me through. i just bought this and have the same issue
    Look in Software Manager for the HP App Catalog and HP App Catalog Payment Service version numbers & post them here.
    hp service payment catalog version is 2.2.13
    and the hp catalog is version 5.0.2900
    but the hp catalog wont install what can I do?
    i did this and it did not work. is there anything else?
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriela Rasuk View Post
    hp service payment catalog version is 2.2.13
    and the hp catalog is version 5.0.2900
    but the hp catalog wont install what can I do?
    Your AppCat (not the payment) is out of date. Current version should be 5.0.3500. You need to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriela Rasuk View Post
    how do i reset the data and the other thing please guide me through. i just bought this and have the same issue
    Go to the settings panel
    Tap on date & time
    Deactivate network time
    Change date back before 21.July 2013
    Close the card
    Open AppCat
    Search for App Catalog Update and install it.
    Afterward activate network time again

Now it should work.