Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By DMeister
  • 2 Post By ananimus
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  • 1 Post By DMeister
  • 1 Post By Rivergoat
  1.    #1  
    Hello guys,

I had my touchpad with the fixed certificate. Then I've done a full erase and I've doctorized it.

At the start I was able to activate the palm profile WITHOUT problems and without bypassing it.

Now: you could think that the certificate remains BUT is not so, due actually I cannot download the app restored and I'm not able to open the app catalog too. So. now trying installing the fix certificate ipk (that I've backuped) and if then all will work... it seems clear to me that the activation is completely indipendent from the certificate issue!

I could be wrong! Let me know what do you think!
    Last edited by DMeister; 07/27/2013 at 07:38 AM.
    webOS Italia Community Manager

User of webOS 2.2.4 on Pre-/ Pre3 & webOS 3.0.5 on HP TouchPad
    HP has made changes on the server to make sure that those unsold "new in a box" devices are able to activate, regardless of certificate status. After signing in to Palm Profile, you only need to set the date back to July 1, 2013 to access the App Catalog and download the "App Catalog Update", then set the date back to current.

Pretty simple, IMHO
  3.    #3  
    Yeah - that's a great news, at least for me that I thought you had to bypass the activation!

RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    HP has made changes on the server to make sure that those unsold "new in a box" devices are able to activate, regardless of certificate status. After signing in to Palm Profile, you only need to set the date back to July 1, 2013 to access the App Catalog and download the "App Catalog Update", then set the date back to current.

Pretty simple, IMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    Yeah - that's a great news, at least for me that I thought you had to bypass the activation!
    It's great to have the confirmation that new profiles can be established in this, the Post Apotheklypse Era of webOS Legacy.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    So.. Does restoring from backup work?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by DMeister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    It's great to have the confirmation that new profiles can be established in this, the Post Apotheklypse Era of webOS Legacy.
    Yep, this is exactly how it was supposed to work (in theory). Thanks for posting the success/confirmation, DMeister!
    Remy X and DMeister like this.
    Question on that date (July 1, 2013): would any other date before the July 23rd work? Or are the servers specifically looking for 7/1?
    any date... But if you have the 22nd or 23rd, the time zone difference might be an issue in some cases
    RumoredNow likes this.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    So.. Does restoring from backup work?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Absolutely yes!

RumoredNow likes this.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    any date... But if you have the 22nd or 23rd, the time zone difference might be an issue in some cases
    I only just read about the cert fix, and after 7/23. I rolled back the date and did see the app catalog update file, but everytime I try to download it, it just says "download failed." ??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivergoat View Post
    I only just read about the cert fix, and after 7/23. I rolled back the date and did see the app catalog update file, but everytime I try to download it, it just says "download failed." ??????
    Have you tried rebooting after setting the date back? I assume the App Catalog relies on at least one running service, which could hold onto the old date until you reboot.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Have you tried rebooting after setting the date back? I assume the App Catalog relies on at least one running service, which could hold onto the old date until you reboot.
    Yeah, tried that, too. I've no problem trying again later tonight. I'm always amused that quick fixes can sometimes be a PITA!

I did also run the CM9 patch and now have the TP dual booting with Android...very nice
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Final update...I wonder if the new cert took at an earlier point? I was directed to try Internalz and search the TP folders for the cert and its expiration date; it's now at April, 2037, so something must have worked....
    Remy X likes this.