1.    #1  
    I have a touchpad that will not pair with anything via bluetooth. I tired to pair it with a pre2 that has webos 2.2.4. the touchpad seed the pre. It will attempt to pair; the prompt will come up on the pre to pair it; i hit accept; then it will say pairing failed.

I also have a problem trying to connect the touchpad to a windows 7 laptop. windows says that it cannot pair due to an "authentication error", which "might be due to the use of an incorrect pairing code".

Seems then the problem lies with the touchpad. Anyone know any fix I can try?
    Quote Originally Posted by xortenterprises View Post
    I have a touchpad that will not pair with anything via bluetooth. I tired to pair it with a pre2 that has webos 2.2.4. the touchpad seed the pre. It will attempt to pair; the prompt will come up on the pre to pair it; i hit accept; then it will say pairing failed.

I also have a problem trying to connect the touchpad to a windows 7 laptop. windows says that it cannot pair due to an "authentication error", which "might be due to the use of an incorrect pairing code".

Seems then the problem lies with the touchpad. Anyone know any fix I can try?
    I hate to just jump to "re-doctor" but there are similar threads on this forum of folks having bluetooth issues where re-doctoring fixed it. Wish I had a better answer. Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    it"s cool

I couldn't find any problem that matched mine. If doctoring fixes it so be it. I'd just be sad if I went through all the trouble of doctoring and that didn't work.
    Yeah that's always the risk. But a backup, save/restore backup, and a file transfer should keep your goodies safe. That's the beauty of webOS, it never takes long to get back to where you were. Good luck. Let us know if that fixed it.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
  5.    #5  
    I didn't get around to doctoring this yet, but I did install cyanogenmod, and bluetooth works fine on the android side, so this is definitely a software problem.