1.    #1  
    have not been able to access the app catalog to be able to update, any help would be appreciated. Gives message to try again later
    Quote Originally Posted by dcradeur View Post
    have not been able to access the app catalog to be able to update, any help would be appreciated. Gives message to try again later
    The HP servers have probably melted again! Yeah.. 'Try Later'!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    As you have written this on July 24, 2013 your Root Certificate has already expired and you can't connect with any HP cloud services including the App Catalog.

From the official Help Page: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate

Installing the Updates after July 23rd

1. For users of ALL webOS devices:
    a. Open the “Date & Time” app on your device.
    b. Set “Network Time” to Off.
    c. Set the date to July 1, 2013.
    d. Open the App Catalog
    e. Type “App Catalog Update” in the search filed, and select “Enter” on the keyboard.
    f. Tap the “App Catalog Update” app to display the details page.
    g. Tap “Download for Free” to download and install the app.
    h. Return to the “Date & Time” app.
    i. Set the date back to the current date.
    j. Set “Network Time” to On.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
  4.    #4  
    have tried that several times. App catalog will not open correctly can't type in the search box it says that you must connect to network, or try later. Connected to wireless internet and some things work and some will not.
    Please help me I have the same problem, I tried several times changing the date, nothing works
  6.    #6  
    i have even tried doing a full erase and that didnt work either, still has all of the apps and stuff. didnt erase anything. i am at a loss, no clue how to fix. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    As you have written this on July 24, 2013 your Root Certificate has already expired and you can't connect with any HP cloud services including the App Catalog.

From the official Help Page: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate

Installing the Updates after July 23rd

1. For users of ALL webOS devices:
    a. Open the “Date & Time” app on your device.
    b. Set “Network Time” to Off.
    c. Set the date to July 1, 2013.
    d. Open the App Catalog
    e. Type “App Catalog Update” in the search filed, and select “Enter” on the keyboard.
    f. Tap the “App Catalog Update” app to display the details page.
    g. Tap “Download for Free” to download and install the app.
    h. Return to the “Date & Time” app.
    i. Set the date back to the current date.
    j. Set “Network Time” to On.
    I have tried this several time. Continue to get the message "unable to resolve host"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wjjohns View Post
    I have tried this several time. Continue to get the message "unable to resolve host"
    Finally was able to fix. Had to go to "device info", "reset options", and do a full erase. As soon as reboot occurred, I did the "after July 23" procedures. Many apps failed to download, however. But just had to re-try the download on each. All is well now
  9.    #9  
    i cant even do an erase on mine. I have tried several times to do a full erase and still nothing.
    i cant even do an erase on mine. I have tried several times to do a full erase and still nothing.
    Bump for the same problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by thejaredhuang View Post
    Bump for the same problem.
    What happens when you try to perform a full erase?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I fought with this today, and finally figured it out. The app cat and all of my apps were dark and had yellow triangles on them, and they wouldn't open. I did the erase and reboot, then opened the list of applications and tapped on the app catalog (not the update, but the catalog itself, directly above the app catalog payment service). It told me I needed to revert back to the original catalog, and I said OK, then I could run the update. I had to manually update each of my apps at that point, but they're all there and working now.

Good luck!
    Is there another way to accomplish this, please? I have no wish to do a hard erase: I do not have access to the files that can't easily be seen via windows explorer. I think that i'm getting different error messages. Wen I tried to download App Catalog Update, I'm showing 'Couldn't Install' and then 'fail' in the green box. When I tried to make a purchase, I got 'unexpected problem'. I started getting this error after I made the adjustments suggested. When I set everything back, I got 'failed' again. Is there another way to install this, please? Oh,I am able to download free items. should I be able to?
    Im having the same problem changed the time...went to the app catalog, searched for app catalog update, and everytime I tried to download it it fails what do I do?

Ken
    Ok, I finally made some headway on this over the weekend. I needed to switch out my CC to purchase my items. My preferences bar was grayed out on my phone, so I changed out the CC and, on automatic pilot, went to make the purchase on my TouchPad. While I waited to get the 'fail' message again, I was instead presented with 'purchaseing' and 'downloading'. Woo-hoo!! So, I guess in my case, it was merely a problem with the CC, (although it shouldn't have been since it had a balance. Go figure.). Thanks anyway, guys.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I got "Downloading - Installing - Failed" every time, no matter what the date was set to on the TP.

Then it occurred to me that I might have installed the update earlier and forgotten about it, so I checked the certificate, and it was up to date. Who coded this update with such an idiotic failure mode?

To check that I already had the updated certificate, I used WebOS Quick Install to pull the certificate file /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem off the TP, and then http://www.sslshopper.com/certificate-decoder.html to decode it.
    Last edited by Semma2; 09/03/2013 at 01:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    I got "Downloading - Installing - Failed" every time, no matter what the date was set to on the TP.

Then it occurred to me that I might have installed the update earlier and forgotten about it, so I checked the certificate, and it was up to date. Who coded this update with such an idiotic failure mode?

To check that I already had the updated certificate, I used WebOS Quick Install to pull the certificate file /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem off the TP, and then Certificate Decoder - Decode certificates to view their contents to decode it.
    Or an easier verify is to use Internalz Pro and navigate to: /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem.
    Internalz Pro will open it for you and you can inspect the cert for the expiration date, April 27, 2037.

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee