Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. richbere's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hi all
    This is my 1st post here, I have a problem with a hp touchpad, I put it into the recover mode ( big usb symbol on the screen ) then I run either WEBOS QUICK INSTALL 4.5 and it comes up with no devices are installed, I reinstall the novacom drivers, I check the computer drives and the drive is not there? But when I check the device manger the palm), Also I run WEBOS DOCTOR and it gets to 8% and it errors out saying (UNABLE TO RESET DEVICE) I read most of the posts on different sites and did what they said and did not help. I've been on this for a very long time (approx. 2weeks) and Im very frustrated and a lack of sleep don't help. I don't know what else to try. one more thing the usb on my computer says that there is a device hooked up to it.
    ANY HELP WILL BE APPREACED

    THANKS
    RICHBERE
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by richbere View Post
    Hi all
    This is my 1st post here, I have a problem with a hp touchpad, I put it into the recover mode ( big usb symbol on the screen ) then I run either WEBOS QUICK INSTALL 4.5 and it comes up with no devices are installed, I reinstall the novacom drivers, I check the computer drives and the drive is not there? But when I check the device manger the palm), Also I run WEBOS DOCTOR and it gets to 8% and it errors out saying (UNABLE TO RESET DEVICE) I read most of the posts on different sites and did what they said and did not help. I've been on this for a very long time (approx. 2weeks) and Im very frustrated and a lack of sleep don't help. I don't know what else to try. one more thing the usb on my computer says that there is a device hooked up to it.
    ANY HELP WILL BE APPREACED

    THANKS
    RICHBERE
    WOSQI doesnt work while in recovery mode (the usb icon you mentioned), it works while the device is operating normally with webOS running, and developer mode is enabled (type webos20090606 into just type to see devmode icon). recovery mode ofc is fine for doctoring.

    which doctor/jar file are you using?
    is java on your windows machine up to date?
    have you tried other usb cables just to eliminate the cable as an issue?
    have you tried on a different machine/OS to see if the problem persists?

    only message ive seen via googling that mentions "unable to reset" was to do with an incompatible doctor type for the device in question, is the doctor you have an old one? or a fresh/recent download from webosinternals site?

    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  3. #3  
    Also what is/was the (original) problem with the Touchpad?
    Is 'Android' also installed?

    Win 7 laptop here is OK with Novacom.

    And of course, remember to reboot PC after installing Novacom drivers.
    (Universal Installer attached below).
    Then replug Device USB and allow drivers to find it.

    An "8%" Doctoring Solution can be found here:

    How To Recover

    Backup any important data on your TP first, if you can.

    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mutoidi; 07/24/2013 at 11:13 AM.

    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  4. richbere's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    WOSQI doesnt work while in recovery mode (the usb icon you mentioned), it works while the device is operating normally with webOS running, and developer mode is enabled (type webos20090606 into just type to see devmode icon). recovery mode ofc is fine for doctoring.

    which doctor/jar file are you using?
    is java on your windows machine up to date?
    have you tried other usb cables just to eliminate the cable as an issue?
    have you tried on a different machine/OS to see if the problem persists?

    only message ive seen via googling that mentions "unable to reset" was to do with an incompatible doctor type for the device in question, is the doctor you have an old one? or a fresh/recent download from webosinternals site?

    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Hi
    First, Im using webos doctor ver 3.0.5
    second, Java is up to date
    third, No not yet, going to try it now.
    fourth, Yes, I tried it on windows Vista machine, XP machine, and windows 7 machine, all with the same results.
    I don't know what else to do ?????????
  5. richbere's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Also what is/was the (original) problem with the Touchpad?
    Is 'Android' also installed?

    Win 7 laptop here is OK with Novacom.

    And of course, remember to reboot PC after installing Novacom drivers.
    (Universal Installer attached below).
    Then replug Device USB and allow drivers to find it.

    An "8%" Doctoring Solution can be found here:

    How To Recover

    Backup any important data on your TP first, if you can.

    HI
    yes, android is also installed on it, the android partition was the problem, It would lock up the whole tp up even the WEBOS partition. was trying to get rid of it when everything fell apart, lol Now I cannot get it unstalled it is just screwed up lol don't know what else to do with it.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by richbere View Post
    HI
    yes, android is also installed on it, the android partition was the problem, It would lock up the whole tp up even the WEBOS partition. was trying to get rid of it when everything fell apart, lol Now I cannot get it unstalled it is just screwed up lol don't know what else to do with it.

    Follow this link as previously advised?

    How To Recover


    TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12/23/2010, 12:36 PM
  2. Doctor/Quick installer will not reconize Pre
    By Spikea4 in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03/07/2010, 09:52 PM
  3. LENOVO T400s WINDOWS 7 MULTI TOUCH LAPTOP
    By akitayo in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09/29/2009, 07:50 AM
  4. Irda sync with Windows XP Laptop = No Success
    By hav0k99 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03/31/2003, 04:44 AM
  5. Windows CE on a 486 Laptop?
    By joshmcgown in forum The 'Off Topic' Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06/30/2001, 04:32 PM

Posting Permissions