Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eqr
  1.    #1  
    So, I havent touched my TP since at least January and the battery is still at 100%. How is that even possible? My iPad drains when it's turned off, nothing drastic maybe a percent per week or two but it has been over 7 months and my TP is still at 100%. I remember having battery drain issues when I initially got the thing but that was probably due to govnah and the kernal crap. Just wondering if this is normal. Every electronic item I have ever owned drained when off, heck my current laptop drains like mad.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
  2. eqr
    My guess would be that the gauge needs a little time to calculate what is actually left. I'll bet that if you start using it after such a long time, the 100% will drop pretty quickly to closer to 0%
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eqr View Post
    My guess would be that the gauge needs a little time to calculate what is actually left. I'll bet that if you start using it after such a long time, the 100% will drop pretty quickly to closer to 0%
    The same calculation error that causes Touchpads to die in standby mode..
    regardless of the batterys actual power% is the fact it still powers on, thats still pretty impressive if not used since january. also like the OP i have 2 gamers grade laptops that badly need recharging if turned off even just for several weeks.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Just out of curiosity I fired up my original Palm Pre that had been laying around unused for over a year (purchased in June of 09, Mugen battery) and according to Doctor Battery it's reading at 99% full, 92% capacity. I guess it must be something to do with this type of battery.
    This is all great news, compared to the more common 'TP/battery is dead' issues!

A Li-ion Batt - 'Mugen' or otherwise - in good condition should hold it's charge fairly well over time and when not in use (ie. device is 'OFF' - not just 'sleeping'), but for maximum life they should also apparently be kept fairly cool and first discharged to about 40-50%, if long term storage is being contemplated.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.