1.    #1  
    How do you fix (or repair..what ever I have to do) "Cannot open MIMI" on the HP Touchpad. I can download but I can't open anything because of that....I need help.
    I have never encountered this problem, but apparently others have. Here's a thread on this topic, 77 posts long: cannot open MIME type

I assume there's a fix somewhere in there (has to do with setting file associations)
    Last edited by Remy X; 07/16/2013 at 01:59 AM. Reason: typo
    when u say "cant open" what exactly are you opening/trying to launch and is that direct from a browser (if so which one) or from internalZ / other file manager?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    I have never encountered this problem, but apparently others have. Here's a thread on this topic, 77 posts long: cannot open MIME type

I assume there's a fix somewhere in there (has to do with setting file associations)
    I want to put Java on my Touch Pad...I cannot get past "cannot open Mime Type". There has to be some kind of program for Webos that I can download so it will open.
    again, what exactly is the file/filetype your trying to use?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Java?

Hmm... I wonder if there's any ARM-compiled Linux JRE build that also has a cryptographically signed browser plugin (netscape style, not microsoft style)

Chances are there isn't one...

If you're trying to open an .exe file, you're out of luck... The Touchpad doesn't run Windows...
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    again, what exactly is the file/filetype your trying to use?
    I have the same problem.
    When ever I try to open a downloaded document, pdf or epub I get the same message:
    "Cannot open MIME type".
    I offent use Ubuntu One to sync ebooks and docs between my Ubuntu laptop, android phone and my TP, and it is REALLY annoing that I can't open anything on the TP.
    There are no problems, if the ebooks and docs are copied to the TP.
    I use pReader Native for ebooks, Quickoffice for docs and Adobe Reader for pdf.
    Right now I have WebOS Ports LunaCE 4.9.10 installed, but the problem was also present in WebOS 3.0.5.

Martin

I have tried with both stock browser and adv. browser (but they are almost the same?)
    Last edited by martinjochimsen; 07/17/2013 at 03:40 PM.