Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PalmPixi_User23
  • 2 Post By Mutoidi
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    what's the fastest way to move an entire photo album from Pre3 to Touchpad?
    Probably by putting both in USB mode on a single PC, then using your PC to transfer from one to the other.

Next best might be using Wifi Media Sync or Wifi File Sharing, if you have either of those installed on both devices (though you'll still need to do it in 2 steps through a PC, I think).

I don't think that anyone wrote an app that could do this using Touch To Share, though I'd be really happy to be proved wrong on that score. Anyone?

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    USB mode on both devices to use a PC as a "holding station" or use Dropbox or SkyDrive. I'm thinking the cloud solution would be fastest.
    Touch to Share.

Another missed opportunity HP.

I believe that would have predated Samsungs' version of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Probably by putting both in USB mode on a single PC, then using your PC to transfer from one to the other.

Next best might be using Wifi Media Sync or Wifi File Sharing, if you have either of those installed on both devices (though you'll still need to do it in 2 steps through a PC, I think).

I don't think that anyone wrote an app that could do this using Touch To Share, though I'd be really happy to be proved wrong on that score. Anyone?
    Well, to prove you wrong(liking to prove people wrong), there's its an application which takes advantage of the touch-to-share functionality that enables users to sync content between the pre 3 and touchpad just by tapping devices together. The app its called "Zap Photoshare" and its available on the Palm Catalog.

Here's the link to the application in the App Store:

https://developer.palm.com/appredire....zapphotoshare
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Remy X likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatclue_98 View Post
    USB mode on both devices to use a PC as a "holding station" or use Dropbox or SkyDrive. I'm thinking the cloud solution would be fastest.
    Via PC (WiFi or USB) is faster than cloud. Zap Photoshare is the most convenient option
    I've also used the webOS Apps: 'USB Flash Mount OTB' + powered USB Hub and 'Internalz Pro' with great success.
    This allows the TP to see the Pre3 as a hardwired USB Drive.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    namgod and Remy X like this.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    just ended up using the pc. Interestingly, when I connected the pre3 to a Vista laptop it asked if i wanted to view the pics in HP's photo app. I guess it got installed with the printer.