1.    #1  
    Is there a mod to make this possible?

I've got a Galaxy Note 10.1 and would love to be able to use my Touchpad Touchstone for it (especially since a Touchstone mod already exists for my Galaxy S3.)
    A lot of the electronics that make the Touchpad's Touchstone interface work aren't available in a kit form, so if you care about finally making this work, you'd have to invest a whole more time and effort... It's just not a weekend project at this point....
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    A lot of the electronics that make the Touchpad's Touchstone interface work aren't available in a kit form, so if you care about finally making this work, you'd have to invest a whole more time and effort... It's just not a weekend project at this point....
    So then, I'm guessing it wouldn't be as simple as just pulling a coil from the back of the Touchpad and putting it in the Note 10.1 (as is the case with a Galaxy S3 Touchpad conversion)...
    I'm sure Mr. Whitby has some view on the possibility for such a mod :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    @Herrie,

Rod has said that there's a logic board involved in making this work. So a coil alone is not enough...

@OP, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $Galaxy$ $S3$ $was$ $supposed$ $to$ $ship$ $with$ $inductive$ $charging$, $so$ $it$ $has$ $the$ $proper$ $hardware$ $for$ $a$ $drop$-$in$ $mod$...
    Last edited by Remy X; 07/09/2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Is there a mod to make this possible?

I've got a Galaxy Note 10.1 and would love to be able to use my Touchpad Touchstone for it (especially since a Touchstone mod already exists for my Galaxy S3.)
    I don't know if this would work? If I had a non-webOS tablet, I'd give it a go.

DIY NEW Wireless Charging Battery Coil Receiver From HP Palm Pixi Touchstone | eBay
    Quote Originally Posted by NoApple View Post

DIY NEW Wireless Charging Battery Coil Receiver From HP Palm Pixi Touchstone | eBay
    Hey

The 1 amp Pre/Pixi coil and a 2 amp Touchpad coil are two different things. You can't put a Pre+ on a Touchpad charger and expect it to work.

Like i said, the Touchpad's coil can be used, but without designing a logic board to interface with it, it's useless for receiving the full 2 amps. Otherwise Rod Whitby wouldn't have built a Nexus 7 to charge on two phone touchstones!
    Well it is possible, but as of now, no one has done it.

You would probably need some basic electrical knowledge and have a multimeter to find the points where you could solder on a TS coil. Maybe schematics are out there somewhere? I don't know... And then amps come up...

The S3 was easy because it already had easy-access-points for wireless charging equipment.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by NoApple View Post

You can try