Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    I'm so frustrated now. I doctored my Pre3, and now I'm spending a complete day and three evenings trying everything I can find in the forums about this app catalog.
    The certificate on my Pre3 is the one that expired in July 2013. I can't open the App catalog, no matter on which date I put the phone, it always goes to the Software Manager.
    The download in the Software Manager always fails (regardless of the date). I tried the nodeleteipk patch, that seemed promising. But I can't catch the ipk, because it never downloads (I believe).

Would it be a possibility, if someone would be so kind to send me the ipk of the latest app catalog, and maybe the certificate, that I install these files manually? I don't know if that would work, but at least if I only had those files, I might try.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help me!

David
    Can't download the new app catalog update or cert for my wife's veer, its gotten to at least download on numerous occasions, but never installs, copied the cert off my pre 3 it shows its updated, go to update the app catalog and it never installs, if it downloads at all, tried pulling the catalog ipk from my pre3, but it only gives me the 2.0 version and not the 2.1 version needed/required for the update, even though it has the 2.1 version installed, I've tried the nodeleteipk patch but everytime I download the patch it never installs regardless of install method wosqi, internals, shows failed, its been doctored twice, hoping that might help to no avail, i bought my wife the veer, and she can't use it, I really try not to do things half way, so i haven't given it to her yet to use yet, especially since it keeps getting notifications for updates and failed installs, really frustrated, I'm legitimately thinking about sending this thing back, I never had this issue with either of my touchpads or my pre 3

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk
    Palm treo 700w wm5 (sprint), Palm treo 800w wm6.1(sprint), Palm treo pro wm 6.5.3 (sprint), Palm pre webOS 2.1(sprint), Palm pixi webOS 1.4.5 (sprint), Htc arrive wp nodo (sprint), Nokia lumia 900 wp 7.8 (ATT), Hp touchpad w/ LunaCE 4.9.10, Hp pre3 2.2.4 (ATT-unlocked)
    I've activated a Pre+, Veer, Pre2, Pixi+, TouchPad, and a couple Pre3s and updated their certs without issue using this https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Well, the cert is updated, but nothing else will install, which makes it more frustrating, so close, yet so far kind of feeling

Palm treo 700w wm5 (sprint), Palm treo 800w wm6.1(sprint), Palm treo pro wm 6.5.3 (sprint), Palm pre webOS 2.1(sprint), Palm pixi webOS 1.4.5 (sprint), Htc arrive wp nodo (sprint), Nokia lumia 900 wp 7.8 (ATT), Hp touchpad w/ LunaCE 4.9.10, Hp pre3 2.2.4 (ATT-unlocked)
    In that case, set the date back to today, turn network time back on, and then restart your device.
    Follow me on Twitter
    That's where its at currently, goes through the download process, but fails to install everytime, its a brand spanking new phone so all the databases should essentially be empty, I could be wrong, just not sure what I'm missing now, guess its not so much a cert install anymore so much as an app install issue now I suppose

In software manager when you click on a yellow triangle does it give you "retry" as an option? And if so, does it attempt to download, appear to download, and then give you an error?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Yeah, everytime, downloads, gets to the install step and shows a notification "app catalog: install failed" as with the other apps that are unable to install, in software manager it shows the yellow triangle tap on it for the app catalog it says "couldn't install: the app catalog update can not be installed and current version is unusable. Please restore the original version" I tap restore now, it reverts back to update available and the cycle starts all over again, downloads fails to install, restore, try again

I have the same problem. App Catalog is working, but I can't anything download. I need App Catalog Update, but after clicking on "free" icon it shows only "Download Failed". I have used webOS Doctor with ROMs 3.0.2, 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 and many steps from many forums, but only sucess. I don't really absolutely know, where is a problem. I'am trying 3 days everything possible, but nothing works. :-(
    I have my Pre3 finally fixed now. It seems the problem was that before July 23 2013 the catalog and the catalog update could not be downloaded, and after July 23 2013 they can not be installed.
    So for me the trick was, first, to install the nodeleteipk.patch ([How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog).
    Then, to put the date to the current date. I went to the software manager, clicked on the yellow triangle to install the (old) app catalog. Because it was the current date, it did download the file, but could not install it.
    I attached the Pre3 to my desktop computer, and with it mounted as USB drive, I copied the ipk from the downloads folder on the phone to a folder on my computer.
    I put back the date on the phone to July 1 2013, and with Quick Install on my desktop I installed the app catalog ipk.

Then I could go into the app catalog, and I searched for the keyword 'update', to find the app catalog update. I did the same kind of trick to download it separately, copied the ipk to the desktop, and installed it with webOS Quick Install, while switching the dates.
    I think I did the steps as described above, but they might be a little different. Anyway, if you have the same problem, just try to switch dates, and try to download and to install separately.

kind regards,
    David
    Grabber5.0 and vgg like this.
    I was having the same problem, had to doctor my TouchPad and trying to get the Update Catalog App and keep getting the "download failed" icon. I opened the page and started reading the comments and one person said that to get the app to download and install, he went back to the "Date/Time" app and switched back on "auto" and the current date and time came back on. He went back and tried downloading the app again and everything worked. I tried it and it worked for me too. :
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob84 View Post
    Hi,
    i had the same problem with my veeer today. I used the steps described here: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog to get an .ipk file of the app catalog update. I installed the ipk with QuickInstall an restarted my phone after setting it back to the normal date. After that everything went smooth.
    What to do?
    After following the steps in the above thread. Redownload the the "App Catalog Update" via the Software Manager of the phone. Afterwards use QuickInstall to get the ipk file (in tools there must be something like "get file" (in german it is "Datei emfangen") paste the following in: "/media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk"), Now install the downloaded ipk with Quickinstall.
    I just used this method on my sister's TP, after I had to to doctor it.......and I just wanted to let everyone know that when you are looking for the app catalog update ipk it's version 3.0.0 now. So you want to recieve the file from "/media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_3.0.0.ipk" with webOSQuick install. I found out it was 3.0.0 after I installed Internalz, and found it.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ^^^ Like he said
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Aquafresh View Post
    I just used this method on my sister's TP, after I had to to doctor it.......and I just wanted to let everyone know that when you are looking for the app catalog update ipk it's version 3.0.0 now. So you want to recieve the file from "/media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_3.0.0.ipk" with webOSQuick install. I found out it was 3.0.0 after I installed Internalz, and found it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob84 View Post
    Hi,
    i had the same problem with my veeer today. I used the steps described here: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog to get an .ipk file of the app catalog update. I installed the ipk with QuickInstall an restarted my phone after setting it back to the normal date. After that everything went smooth.
    What to do?
    After following the steps in the above thread. Redownload the the "App Catalog Update" via the Software Manager of the phone. Afterwards use QuickInstall to get the ipk file (in tools there must be something like "get file" (in german it is "Datei emfangen") paste the following in: "/media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk"), Now install the downloaded ipk with Quickinstall.
    this worked for me as well. But I used InternalzPro to install.
    FINALLY!
    vgg likes this.
    This is what I did and it worked fast and easy.

Download WebOS Quick Install (follow instructions for use)
    http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...ml#post2850874

Download com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_3.0.0.ipk
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3406117

* Enable DevMode, if not already done (do not set a password)
    * Set time to July 1, 2013
    * Restart
    * Connect USB, on TP select "close" at the pop up, DO NOT choose "USB drive"
    * Open WebOS Quick Install v4.5.0
    * Press the green + on the right side and navigate to where you saved "com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_3.0.0.ipk" select it and press "install" at the main screen
    * Safely eject WebOS Device, disconnect USB and restart
    * Set the date back to network time
    * Restart

App catalog should now work

That may be over complicated but it worked for me after repeatedly trying other things I've read
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraLTD View Post

* Restart
    * Press the green + on the right side and navigate to where you saved "com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_3.0.0.ipk" select it and press "install" at the main screen
    * Restart

That may be over complicated but it worked for me after repeatedly trying other things I've read

Yeah, that method is a bit easier, as you don't have to install the nodelete patch to get the app update 3.0.0.ipk. I wish I would have seen that that file was available for download before I fixed my sister's TP.

But I learned alot, as I hadn't used WOSQI before, or even Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by TundraLTD View Post

* Restart
    * Restart

great!!!!!!!!!
    ja812 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Some users are getting false negatives...

If you have the Internalz Pro file manager (Internalz Pro v1.5.0) you can use it to navigate to the certificate and open it to read the expiry date...

If you have WOSQI - a.k.a. webOS Quick Install - (http://forums.webosnation.com/canuck...-v4-5-0-a.html) you can use it to pull a copy of the certificate to your computer for examination...

Here (again) is the relevant location to navigate to/pull from. /etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem

Your New Certificate should look like this:
    Click to view quoted image

If your certificate did not update, go to the HP help page and follow the instructions again.
    https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    I just bought a new pre3 and touchpad. I am an old pre/pre2/webOS user and am more familiar with flashaholic tendencies on webOS & android. I got my pre3 up and running, app catalog, preware , impostah etc, everything is working perfectly on it. But I am having a little trouble with getting the app catalog to work on the touchpad. I have the system update to 3.0.5.86 and app catalog version 5.0.2900 but I cannot get the root cert fix to install. I already set the date for the tablet to June 2012 but I still get a failure when trying to update.

Is there a way to manually put an updated cert to my device?

If anyone knows how I can get my issue fixed, please let me know

Thanks,

sj

Sent from my Customized & Carbonized S4 (SPH-L720) - 8/3/14 aOS 4.4.4 with KTkernel 7/12 using Tap@Talk HD Pro Mobile App
    [Hide]4.X based CarbonROM - $J$harksfan Customized [/HIDE]

Update: n/m I just got it to manually flash with webOS Quick Install.
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 10/15/2014 at 08:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I just bought a new pre3 and touchpad. I am an old pre/pre2/webOS user and am more familiar with flashaholic tendencies on webOS & android. I got my pre3 up and running, app catalog, preware , impostah etc, everything is working perfectly on it. But I am having a little trouble with getting the app catalog to work on the touchpad. I have the system update to 3.0.5.86 and app catalog version 5.0.2900 but I cannot get the root cert fix to install. I already set the date for the tablet to June 2012 but I still get a failure when trying to update.

Is there a way to manually put an updated cert to my device?

If anyone knows how I can get my issue fixed, please let me know

Thanks,

sj

Sent from my Customized & Carbonized S4 (SPH-L720) - 8/3/14 aOS 4.4.4 with KTkernel 7/12 using Tap@Talk HD Pro Mobile App
    Yeah this will set you up for the TouchPad: https://app.box.com/s/55r420fxftkfqb20fv9z Install via WOSQI or Internalz Pro.
    Follow me on Twitter
    sjsharksfan likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Yeah this will set you up for the TouchPad: https://app.box.com/s/55r420fxftkfqb20fv9z Install via WOSQI or Internalz Pro.
    Thank you for that speedy reply!! I was actually able to get the update file downloaded and pushed it to my tab with webOS-QI, worked perfectly. I'm a huge android flashaholic and old webOS user and I tell ya, I miss webOS and I'm so glad I just picked up a pre3 & touchpad to ad back into my "gaget collection"

Thanks again for that fast response, the webOS community is still pretty tight!!

sj

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast