Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Set the date back to July 1st, open the App Catalog, search for, install and run the "App Catalog Update".

Set the date to current and delete the update icon from launcher. That's it

You should now have the updated Root Certificate on your Veer, but remember that each time you doctor, you will need to re-download the update again, otherwise you'll get the yellow triangles.

Good luck
    This doesn't work anymore for some reason. I tried everything and the same issue persists. It was working fine a week ago but I resetted it this week and now it has the old app catalog version and wont update even though the date is set to june 1, 2013. Can you please help me?
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigbosss View Post
    This doesn't work anymore for some reason. I tried everything and the same issue persists. It was working fine a week ago but I resetted it this week and now it has the old app catalog version and wont update even though the date is set to june 1, 2013. Can you please help me?
    I ran into this last night, it has worked for me previously but not anymore. App Catalog Update won't install so I'm stuck with the expired certificate.
    Last edited by tagscuderia; 09/14/2013 at 10:36 AM.
    I have the same with my Veer. Brand new out of the box. Activated the profile, set the date to 14 june 2013 and downloaded the App Catalog update. Downloading went fine, but when it started with installing: Install Failed! I have restarted the device, but I keep getting Install Failed. Also with other apps I try to download.
    Quote Originally Posted by tagscuderia View Post
    I ran into this last night, it has worked for me previously but not anymore. App Catalog Update won't install so I'm stuck with the expired certificate.
    I am having the same problem. With my previous palm pre I was able to set the date back and install the update and it worked nice and easy.

With my palm pre 2 it isn't working. I have checked the cert with quick install and internalz pro, I have deleted a few things using internalz and rebooting as suggested earlier.

What next?
    I can confirm that it is NOT working. My app catalog doesn't even show up after doctoring, an update of the catalog(g) app doesn't work at all. (Of course, the time is set back/network time is off). When setting it to 2012, the download fails. When setting it to may 2013, the download of the app update works, but the install fails as reported quite a dozen of times. Can we maybe find a database on when what update on what device did work? Seems like they changed something in the past weeks...

I am using a Pre3 with GB english language settings in germany, freshly doctored with webosdoctorp224mantawr.

This is also no "false positive" because the certificate date says "expiry 2013". Is there no fix that simply exchanges said certificate to allow the setup?

Interesting fact: The picture in the webos device is distended. Seems like the whole grapic resolution doesn't fit to the real screen solution... :-S

Regards, Bigfoot29
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    I can't install the recent certificate update that HP released, it keeps failing. Any ideas? (I need to do this before the 23rd or else the big problems will occur).
    Several days of doing "all of the above," and still failing to update the app catalog. Anything new on this?
    Hi,
    i had the same problem with my veeer today. I used the steps described here: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog to get an .ipk file of the app catalog update. I installed the ipk with QuickInstall an restarted my phone after setting it back to the normal date. After that everything went smooth.
    What to do?
    After following the steps in the above thread. Redownload the the "App Catalog Update" via the Software Manager of the phone. Afterwards use QuickInstall to get the ipk file (in tools there must be something like "get file" (in german it is "Datei emfangen") paste the following in: "/media/internal/downloads/com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_2.0.0.ipk"), Now install the downloaded ipk with Quickinstall.
    Cheers sideshowbob84, that worked flawlessly! Smart thinking. P.S, no need to tweak the date, just works.
    Now, any ideas as to why HP's official method doesn't work? Seems odd that it suddenly stopped working for everyone at the same time... phoning home server issue? God bless webosnation, the HP forums aren't taking it seriously so I guess an official fix might not be forthcoming -- if they hadn't bodged the cert update in the first place we wouldn't have this rubbish to contend with!
    Quote Originally Posted by sideshowbob84 View Post
    Hi,
    i had the same problem with my veeer today. I used the steps described here: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog to get an .ipk file of the app catalog update. I installed the ipk with QuickInstall an restarted my phone after setting it back to the normal date. After that everything went smooth.
    sideshowbob84 - You Rock!

It worked like a champ. I wonder if HP would let the webos-internals guys carry this IPK so that Preware can just take care of all of us! But until then - thanks again!
    Thanks sideshowbob84, my Veer finaly has a working App Catalog!

But in my case the problem was solved right after the first step?!? I installed the patch nodeleteipk.patch and the device restarted. Then I started downloading of the App Catalog again, to be able to get the ipk. After downloading I was waiting to get an 'Install failed' message, but I got a 'App Catalog update installed' message?!?

I started Internalz Pro to look at the certificate file and it showed 2037 as date. So the App Catalog is working again, without installing the update with WebOSQI?
    Any chance someone can send me the ipk?

I broke my Pre3 and have been trying to move to a Veer. It's brand new - never activated. When I restored from my backup, I was able to get as far as downloading the app update, but it would not install. But, something went wrong and the phone was permanently stuck on the HP logo screen on a reboot.

I then went to Doctor and got the Veer running again, did another restore. Now, the phone works, but the app update won't download. I've tried the July 1, 2013 fix, no download.

I've spent 2 days trying to get this fixed. I may have to give up and go to an Android.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Lee View Post
    Any chance someone can send me the ipk?

I broke my Pre3 and have been trying to move to a Veer. It's brand new - never activated. When I restored from my backup, I was able to get as far as downloading the app update, but it would not install. But, something went wrong and the phone was permanently stuck on the HP logo screen on a reboot.

I then went to Doctor and got the Veer running again, did another restore. Now, the phone works, but the app update won't download. I've tried the July 1, 2013 fix, no download.

I've spent 2 days trying to get this fixed. I may have to give up and go to an Android.
    The same happened to me, but thankfully I got it resolved.

The steps I took to resolve are :

1. Doctor to make sure everything is reset back to normal
    2. Activate and sign into Palm Profile
    3. Install Preware and Internalz Pro
    4. Using webOSQuick install this patch from this post ("" ), set date back to 7/1/2013
    5. Download the update, and even though the install will fail, go to Internalz Pro and navigate to /media/internal/Downloads and install the .ipk via Preware.
    6. I had to reboot, but you may not have to.

Thank you GMMan for the patch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Chao View Post

4. Using webOSQuick install this patch from this post ("" ), set date back to 7/1/2013
    5. Download the update, and even though the install will fail, go to Internalz Pro and navigate to /media/internal/Downloads and install the .ipk via Preware.

If you meant to include a link to a patch, it's missing from your post.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    If you meant to include a link to a patch, it's missing from your post.
    It's GMMan's nodeleteipk patch found in the first post of this thread: [How To] Retain App IPKs from App Catalog
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee

You can remove a couple of steps from this:
    1. you only need Preware, it can install ipks
    2. you don't have to change the date

Thank God for that patch though, yet another bodge by HP left us high and dry; at the very least they could have issued new Doctors!
    Hello All,

Happy to see now app catalog is installed after changing date to jul-1. Thanks for this solution
    On my phone its not working. Im trying it over and over.

I installed the ipk for the app catalog manually, but I cannot install any apps...

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigbosss View Post
    This worked for me. My apps are now up to date with latest updates. I am able to download the new apps also. Thank you!!
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    My Touchpad was acting weird. Browser wouldn't play video via youtube app or browser itself. I have ACL installed (before they yanked it) and I suspect that it affected native apps. Removing it didn't fix things so I doctored my touchpad. When trying to restore my old apps, it fails as expected. So I change the system date and try to download the app catalog update. But the app catalog itself doesn't show up so I can't download it. After another full reboot, the catalog does show up and I try to download it (with the date dialed back). Nothing successfully downloads after hours. So I create a new profile and now it does update the app catalog. So now I'm stuck with a new account with no apps. Should I impostah and go back to my original account? Or will that delete everything and send me back to what I was going through? Appreciate some direction.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Never mind, I impostahed myself out of the mess. Thank goodness for webos Internals! I'll send some donation their way soon. Doubt anyone at HP would bother to help. Hmm. Wonder if they have to dust off the servers - is LG using HP servers and cloud solution?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast