Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John Steffes
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Is it possible to enter dev mode directly after doctoring a Touchpad ie like you can on the phones by typing on the keyboard or would I have to setup the device first (country and langauge settings +reboot)?

Would like to change the carrierdb.json so that the device will have a correct carrier database from first boot.

Or could I somehow replace the incorrect file in the doctor .jar so that everytime I doctor it will have the correct carrier database?
    Last edited by Andreas; 07/05/2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Is it possible to enter dev mode directly after doctoring a Touchpad ie like you can on the phones by typing on the keyboard or would I have to setup the device first (country and langauge settings +reboot)?

Would like to change the carrierdb.json so that the device will have a correct carrier database from first boot.

Or could I somehow replace the incorrect file in the doctor .jar so that everytime I doctor it will have the correct carrier database?
    There is only one way to do that that I am aware of and that is DeviceTool.Jar (which needs the uImage injected into it), by default only the Pixi and Pre uImage are present. but there search the forums it will tell you how to do it, or google can even get you an already usable copy...

The next answer, if you created a meta-doctor build you could auto enable DevMode and alter the carrierdb.json file (and update the certs, App catalog etc...)...
    Remy X likes this.