Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    A friend of mine gave me a TouchPad yesterday as he did not need it. I'm still learning my way through, but did a reset to wipe his old data and set up my own. I noticed with the included Facebook app I was able to log in OK, and figured out how to "like" a page or comment, but when I attempted to add a comment, although the keyboard opened up, nothing I typed was displayed in the comment box. I'm still figuring this thing out, but wondered if that's a common glitch, and/or should I access FB from the browser instead, rather than the included app.

TIA
    Last edited by Rivergoat; 07/01/2013 at 03:39 PM.
    I always found the Facebook app to be pretty wonky. I suggest just using the browser. Works pretty well, aside from the occasional hiccup while loading.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    If you plan to use the FB app in WebOS, I'd recommend installing the fix for Facebook Time Notifications. You would first need to install WebOS Quick Install, download the .patch file, and then launch WOSQI (with your TP attached) and click the green + sign to add the .patch file, then click the Install button. Otherwise, you might see NaN:NaN where the FB posts time posted values should be.

Axim X51v, HTC X7501, HP Touchpad, iPad 2, BB Playbook, iPhone 4S, HTC Sensation
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by breley View Post
    If you plan to use the FB app in WebOS, I'd recommend installing the fix for Facebook Time Notifications. You would first need to install WebOS Quick Install, download the .patch file, and then launch WOSQI (with your TP attached) and click the green + sign to add the .patch file, then click the Install button. Otherwise, you might see NaN:NaN where the FB posts time posted values should be.
    Thanks, I'll look at that, too. Last night FB app let me post a comment no trouble. I'll look at what version it is, I was advised to check if it's 2.0.35.

I put int he WOSQI this morning to do the keyboard patch. Right away I needed a left/right arrow key, and was surprised it wasn't there. Got the patch installed, and that fixed the keyboard. I'll be going through more of the new user tips/tricks and tune this thing up, but all in all, not bad for free, huh?