Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When entering the store, Kindle cloud reader has become the default on my account.

Although the TouchPad is selectable in the "Deliver to" box, after selection it comes up empty. Trying to send anyway throws me back to the dialog with the choice of where to deliver.
    This happens with books and samples.

I successfully bought a book a couple of weeks ago.

Can anyone confirm?

ETA: After applying the "User Agent Override -Firefox" patch, I can use Kindle cloud reader on the TP.
    Last edited by uwer; 06/30/2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: ETA
    Pre 3, webOS 2.2.4 on O2 Germany, TP 32 GB
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I still got the Touchpad as my reader (Kindle beta app), Deliver to... lists HP Touchpad as my only option.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    I still got the Touchpad as my reader (Kindle beta app), Deliver to... lists HP Touchpad as my only option.
    Thanks for the info.
    Meanwhile I've switched from amazon.com to amazon.de and deregistered Kindle cloud reader from my devices. Still no joy.
    Can someone please try and send a sample to their TP?
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post
    Can someone please try and send a sample to their TP?
    I haven't used the TP Kindle app in months, but when I send myself a sample from Amazon.com (US) it works as I recall it always has. I get the sample in any case.
    I have the Kindle app on my TP 4G. I bought a book and sent it to my TP 2 days ago and I was told the book file was corrupted. I closed and re-opened the app, and the book loaded fine.

I do find that if I buy a book with the app open, I have to close and re-open the app to see the book. This has been true for as long as I can remember using the app.

It will be interesting to see whether there are other people with the above problem. I hope not. The Kindle app is one of my primary uses for my TP. I'd hate to see it stop working.

Can you load Kindle files on the TP with the sideloading app? Might be a workaround if that's possible.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by krotech View Post
    I have the Kindle app on my TP 4G. I bought a book and sent it to my TP 2 days ago and I was told the book file was corrupted. I closed and re-opened the app, and the book loaded fine.

I do find that if I buy a book with the app open, I have to close and re-open the app to see the book. This has been true for as long as I can remember using the app.

It will be interesting to see whether there are other people with the above problem. I hope not. The Kindle app is one of my primary uses for my TP. I'd hate to see it stop working.

Can you load Kindle files on the TP with the sideloading app? Might be a workaround if that's possible.
    Interesting, never had that corruption problem.
    Meanwhile I transferred my kindle account back to amazon.com because with amazon.de I couldn't even use the cloud reader. Alas I still can't purchase anything or send samples.
    Trying to select the TouchPad in the "Deliver to"-popup menu on a PC running Firefox doesn't work. The TP shows up as a list entry but isn't selectable.

It seems the TP has gotten locked out by Amazon.

Thank you for the tip about sideloading. I've done it once with a humble ebook bundle book. For me I don't think its worth the hassle.
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
  7.    #7  
    I sent an email to Amazon about the issue, using the contact button on their kindle customer service page.

I'll let you know when I get a reply.
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    bought some 2000ad Rogue Trooper books and didnt have to "send" anything, once i bought em the kindle app just automagically downloaded them on app launch.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    I recently bought a book (and a few before) and it all works fine. Opens up the American store in the web browser, then I buy a book and a few seconds later it appears in the Touchpad Kindle app through Amazon Whispernet. No problems at all.
    ??
    I too just registered, opened up the amazon store in the app which took me to the webOS browser and I successfully downloaded a sample.

I have the hulu patch applied, don't know if that affected the outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I recently bought a book (and a few before) and it all works fine. Opens up the American store in the web browser, then I buy a book and a few seconds later it appears in the Touchpad Kindle app through Amazon Whispernet. No problems at all.
    same with regards to going to the .com site within the app, i just change the link to .co.uk and everything works fine for me.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  12.    #12  
    Received an email response from amazon.com:
    Code:
    Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused downloading sample and purchased books on your HP TouchPad tablet.

I've checked your account and see that the books are waiting to be delivered wirelessly.

When using the Kindle for webOS app, please make sure your HP TouchPad is connected to a network before launching the application. Most issues with downloading content and shopping in the Kindle Store are due to a bad network connection. 

Once you launch the Kindle application, your books will download and appear on the Kindle application's home screen.

If books doesn’t appear on your home screen automatically, please download it from your Archived Items:

1.	Launch Kindle for webOS on your device.
    2.	Tap the Kindle menu in the top left corner and then Show.
    3.	Select Archived to show your Archived Items.
    4.	Tap on the item you want to download. It will begin downloading to your Kindle library.
    5.	 More information about the Kindle application can be found in our Help pages here:

www.amazon.com/help/kindlewebOS

For your information:

You can sample many Kindle books for free by clicking the "Send sample now" button when shopping in the Kindle Store on the website, or by clicking "Try a sample" from the Kindle Store on your device. We'll send an excerpt to your Kindle device or Kindle reading application wirelessly. 

Unlike Kindle books, the Kindle content samples you download aren't stored on Amazon.com. As a result, Kindle content samples will not sync between your Kindle devices or Kindle reading apps. To read a sample on a different Kindle device or Kindle reading app, you'll need to download it again from the product detail page and choose to have it delivered to a different Kindle device or Kindle reading app.

If you'd like to purchase the full version of the Kindle book, there will be an option to buy the title at the end of the sample. Your sample will not sync with the last page you were on when you download the full title. Once the title downloads to your Kindle, you'll be able to navigate to the last page you were on by using the "Go to" menu.

In case your having trouble after trying the above mentioned steps, I'm not sure which part of the process or step was causing the problem. We need to have few more issue related information to isolate the completely.

I request you to please contact us via phone or chat, so that we can try some real-time troubleshooting and help you in getting this issue resolved as early as possible. 

• To contact us via phone: 
    http://www.amazon.com/clicktocall 

• To contact us via chat: 
    http://www.amazon.com/clicktochat 

Please be informed that when you contact us via phone or chat, we can also loop in our technical team into this issue and get the best possible solution for your problem. 

Your understanding and co-operation on this issue is appreciated. We look forward to see you again soon.

Best regards,

I rebooted the TP and it had again become the default in the "Deliver to" box. Everything now works as expected.

Sorry to waste everyones time.
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Bought a book after seing this post and it was delivered to my open app without a problem.

Edit: Good thing you got it sorted Uwer.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Try searching for ELIOOO ans sending the to sample your touchpad, I'm unable to do so from the German store. I can send others though.
  15.    #15  
    "Eliooo" as well as "Sandman Vol.1" by Neil Gaiman, which was the title I originally tried to download, consist mainly of drawings or images.
    I guess the problem I had was that the TP Kindle app can't display such content. TIL
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    I'd love to try that but I have no account on the German Amazon, only on the USA version of Amazon (which is actually kinda weird since I'm living in The Netherlands which is way closer to Germany lol). Unless they also sell it at the USA store...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    I'd love to try that but I have no account on the German Amazon, only on the USA version of Amazon (which is actually kinda weird since I'm living in The Netherlands which is way closer to Germany lol). Unless they also sell it at the USA store...
    They do! I tried this on amazon.com.
    ~Coitans fer Windoze~
    Quote Originally Posted by uwer View Post
    "Eliooo" as well as "Sandman Vol.1" by Neil Gaiman, which was the title I originally tried to download, consist mainly of drawings or images.
    I guess the problem I had was that the TP Kindle app can't display such content. TIL
    I could not get samples of these books nor another Sandman. I do already have on the TouchPad a book that has cartoon drawings on every other page, but not the same as the rich graphics of Sandman.

Nice digital sale by the way.
    [color=]I could not get samples of these books nor another Sandman. I do already have on the TouchPad a book that has cartoon drawings on every other page, but not the same as the rich graphics of Sandman.

Nice digital sale by the way.

So it looks like there are different version of their fileformat. Now could we send something to our Android part of our TP, and then copy it over to our webOS part and sideload it?
    Never tried something like that, would be a test to see if indeed it cannot be read.
    [/color]
    Buying a book always sends me to the german Amazon.de Kindle Shop, even though I read most of the books in english if that's the original language of the book.
    Buying books and reading them works fine.

What I realized is, that the synch of "which page am I on" doesn't always work.
    I have the kindle app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 as well, but mostly I read my books on the Touchpad. To get my actual page remembered, I need to leave the book and go to back the "bookshelf". Only then I can open the Android App, choose my book there and read it from my last page.
    If I close the WebOS App while still in the book, the last page is not remembered.

On the other hand, when I read my book in the Android Kindle App and later change to the WebOS app, the actual page is not loaded, but only the last page I read on the WebOS App.

But that is about the only drawback I have yet encountered in the Kindle App for WebOS.
    Everything else works fine for me.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast