Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    As topic, the local paper just started with a elecronic subscription, its using HTML5 but says the TP browser is too old to support that. It seems to use the user-agent to determine this.

Basicly their test says:
    Code:
    You've got an old browser
    (Safari 0)
    Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.5; U; en-GB) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.83 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0
    Do you reckon it should work on the Touchpad so its their user-agent check that perhaps lack settings for the TP or could they be correct? Since its a small local paper I might get them to change this in case you guys think it could work
    Last edited by Andreas; 06/29/2013 at 04:42 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    You could try some of the user agent patches here in the forum to see if it works with those. In case it does you could contact them and ask to support the TP. In case you have the URL we might want to check ourselves here as well?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Always makes me laugh when a site or "clever" bit of code tries to say your tech is too old, when it hasnt even tried or pinged an actual error, it just checks a line of text and assumes your device cant.

insane tbh, and damned lazy.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You could try some of the user agent patches here in the forum to see if it works with those. In case it does you could contact them and ask to support the TP. In case you have the URL we might want to check ourselves here as well?
    Its all in swedish but the url is:

http://etidning.kuriren.nu/

If you get redirected to oldbrowser.aspx its the same page I end up at ie telling browser is old.

Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    Always makes me laugh when a site or "clever" bit of code tries to say your tech is too old, when it hasnt even tried or pinged an actual error, it just checks a line of text and assumes your device cant.

insane tbh, and damned lazy.
    Yes, its kind of sad when they exclude devices this way. Its not the first time I see this, at least they tried making it in HTML5 instead of getting locked up with apps.
    Last edited by Andreas; 06/29/2013 at 12:56 PM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    In preware there is a few user agent patches. I used the ipad user agent patch from choorp. It worked and I was
    able to see the long in page no problem...

Hope this helps you...
    I had a quick look if I could find the browser check on their site, but wasn't able to locate it. Seems like they didn't use a simple Javascript check like most but do something server side. If the ipad user agent patch works OK I would suggest to just contact them and ask to support the TP useragent.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Herrie; 07/01/2013 at 02:20 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2