Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Remy X
  1.    #1  
    Hi, just a quick question here. I understand that Memos are backed up in full for Palm Backup. I would like to ask if it is possible to add new Memos over the air, or edit the contents outside of my device itself so that it will sync with it?

Secondly, can files that are backed up in the air viewed online?

Lastly, I understand that the account are differentiated by email accounts. Wouldn't it be potentially risky if someone cracked the email password and used it to download the information on another device? Would that be possible?

Thanks a gazillion!
    Quote Originally Posted by scaredstiff View Post
    Hi, just a quick question here. I understand that Memos are backed up in full for Palm Backup. I would like to ask if it is possible to add new Memos over the air, or edit the contents outside of my device itself so that it will sync with it?

Secondly, can files that are backed up in the air viewed online?

Lastly, I understand that the account are differentiated by email accounts. Wouldn't it be potentially risky if someone cracked the email password and used it to download the information on another device? Would that be possible?

Thanks a gazillion!
    1. actually, i've always been under the impression that memos are one the few things NOT backed up by the Backup app. you may want to double check this.

2. as far as i know, users cannot access the database of palm profile backups on HP's servers. the profile login website only offers the ability to download the doctor appropriate for the phone info assigned to it when you created the profile.

3. if someone were to obtain your password, they would be opening an existing palm profile on a different palm device. when this occurs, the profile access on the previous device (i.e. yours) would be booted from the system shortly afterward. we cannot have two phones with the same profile at the same time. your option then is to immediately log in to the palm website and change the password, then reply to the confirmation sent to the email you associated with it.

others more experienced with the profile handling service still hosted by HP may have better info than this.

and remember, a 20 character password that's easy for you to remember, is also much more secure than an 8-10 character password with a bunch of random characters that's harder to remember. as in, "1hotHarleydavidson!" vs. "Y0urN@m3"
    In my experience, logging into a brand new Touchpad with my old Palm Profile downloaded Memos as well as the other stuff, so yes on that
    TJs11thPre likes this.