Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xortenterprises
  1.    #1  
    hi...i have an ibm x61 tablet with 12" 4.3 screen...i download magazines in pdf files and read them...i was thinking of getting an hp touchpad ....how do magazines in pdf look on the 9.7 screen...are they easy to read or should i stick with the larger screen.....thanks for any advice
    You should buy a 55" 4k HDTV and read them there. Much better than the 9.7" screen the Touchpad provides by far.

Literally EXPLODES out of your screen as if to read itself to you; the pictures inside the PDF form wild shapes and worlds nobody's ever seen before.
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Gram, Dignitary is quite correct, a 55" screen would be much better to read PDF's on but you would need a heck of a long power lead and it would be a very snug fit in your backpack!

The 9.7" HP Touchpad is far better to read PDF's on and comes with in-built power and would rattle around in your backpack with room to spare for a sandwich too.

I regularly read PDF's on mine and don't have too much trouble with my old eyes, and pinch/zoom is always there if I really need it. I would highly recommend installing the enhancement patch though [PATCH/IPK]Adobe PDF Reader Enhancements as this does make the crappy reader a bit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    You should buy a 55" 4k HDTV and read them there. Much better than the 9.7" screen the Touchpad provides by far.

Literally EXPLODES out of your screen as if to read itself to you; the pictures inside the PDF form wild shapes and worlds nobody's ever seen before.
    if you buy a 55" 4k HDTV just for reading, please contact me. You have dangerously high money levels, and you need help getting your money levels down to normal before it's too late. I can help you out, so please contact me. :-)

The touch pad does OK for PDFs as far as I am concerned. i know it's much lighter than a X61, so you won't be able to work out your biceps as as hard while you are reading. :-) An X61 will handle PDFs better though, because PDF reader on the WebOS was designed as an afterthought. As far as whether the screen is big enough, that depends on how good your eyes are. People with normal vision should not have a problem.
    jrb363 likes this.
    hi...i have an ibm x61 tablet with 12" 4.3 screen...i download magazines in pdf files and read them...i was thinking of getting an hp touchpad ....how do magazines in pdf look on the 9.7 screen...are they easy to read or should i stick with the larger screen.....thanks for any advice

Hi,

Although the PDF reader is just a simple app, it does support zooming, so just pinch with two fingers on the touchscreen.

Just liked to add this to the other comments, since people forgot to mention this.

What is missing in my mind is the textflow option that was available in the palmPDF reader on palm os.

I would even say that you could get yourself a Touchpad Go with the 7 inch screen, pixelwise it has the same screen estate.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/17/2013 at 05:34 PM.