Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1  
    In case that anyone might not look at the main page and just bookmarked the forums, I believe that all forums should have a note as this is very important.

So, quick version: you MUST update your phone or any WebOS device with the new HP catalog app, otherwise, past the July 23rd date, you'll lose your ability to access the catalog, access the WebOS servers (cloud) for backups and restores, and any other services with HP's servers.

Your device should do this automatically, but in case....

Full story:
    HP to issue root certificate fix, ensure continued access to webOS cloud services | webOS Nation

Any Mods that see this, you should share this across or have a global message on all forums (a sticky maybe?).
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Originally Posted by imfallen_angel
    "..You MUST update your phone or any WebOS device with the new HP catalog app, otherwise, past the July 23rd date, you'll lose your ability to access the catalog, access the WebOS servers (cloud) for backups and restores, and any other services with HP's servers.."

~~

Unless you choose/miss the 23rd July cert expiry deadline - in which case set your device to 22nd July 2013 and then download the Cert Update 'App' from the Catalog as is?

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Here's what I posted over at XDA for any webOS users who lurk there...

June 06, 2013:
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    You may not know the root certificate needed for your webOS device is going to expire 23 July, 2013...

This certificate is needed for setting up a profile, backup/restore, App Catalog access and any other HP cloud services that webOS devices depend on.

The fix is announced and is coming today!!!!!

HP to issue root certificate fix, ensure continued access to webOS cloud services | webOS Nation

June 07, 2013:
    Pro Tips:

If your device has been dormant, make sure you update the date and time before attempting the App Catalog Update. This is valid up until July 22, 2013.

JULY 23, 2013 & LATER: You will need to set your date back to July 22, 2013 to connect to HP's servers and get the update.

The update is available through Software Manager as an update to the HP App Catalog application. I found it easier to open the App Catalog and search for new apps. There is an Update available for download install under the name App Catalog Update with HP listed as the publisher/developer. It seems to install better this way. I tried 3 different devices: TouchPad, Veer and Pre 2. In the end, the method I describe (set date/use App Catalog and not Software Manager) was the one that woked on Pre 2 which was the most stubborn of the 3.

If you get stuck: reboot, make sure your date and time are current (up to 22-07-13) or is set to July 22nd (use from 23-07-13 and beyond). Then get the Update from the App Catalog itself.

New activations from 23-07-13 onward are supposed to be able to get through First Use and then auto-update the certificate...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Here's what I posted over at XDA for any webOS users who lurk there...

June 06, 2013:

June 07, 2013:
    I shall go sneak over there to thank it
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    ananimus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I shall go sneak over there to thank it
    Hey... I figure even though they don't come to webOS Nation, they deserve to know what is going on.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Rnp and xandros9 like this.
    My Pre 3 unlocked version still didn't got the update whil my TP unlocked has got the update this morning...
    Did the same on german nexave forum

Zertifikat-Update: wichtig auch für Altgeräte - Software - Nexave Palmforum - Zertifikat-Update: wichtig auch für Altgeräte - Software - Nexave Palmforum
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    My Pre 3 unlocked version still didn't got the update while my TP unlocked has got the update this morning...
    And now, a day later, still no update on my Pre 3...
    It seems the App Catalog on 1.4.5 can't even connect to the server to retrieve a list of apps and the update doesn't appear for a Pre+ on 2.x. My Pre 2 got the update.
    Seems like they aren't rolling it out for the Pre 3 after all. Still waiting for the update while both my TP and my parents TP have had it for 2 days now.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Got the update for my Pre 3 (UK).
    Hey... I figure even though they don't come to webOS Nation, they deserve to know what is going on.
    whoops, i couldnt find the thanks button for some reason - well im saying thanks in spirit!
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Seems like they aren't rolling it out for the Pre 3 after all. Still waiting for the update while both my TP and my parents TP have had it for 2 days now.
    AT&T 16gb Pre3 successfully upgraded here in New Zealand. Just check app catalog. App catalog is very slow in last few days though. Took me 20 mins to open up at some stage. Noticed that it is better today
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    In case that anyone might not look at the main page and just bookmarked the forums, I believe that all forums should have a note as this is very important.

Any Mods that see this, you should share this across or have a global message on all forums (a sticky maybe?).
    Fully agree. As this is a pretty important update/patch, as sticky across the webOS software and hardware forums is a great idea. RumoredNow's summaries are pretty good.
    Pre3 / TP germany and Pre2 UK worked without prob
    Last edited by gizmo21; 06/09/2013 at 06:17 AM.
    Another day, another no update. My TP is updated for days now but my Pre 3 still hasn't got it. Maybe I'll wait for webOS Internals to package it up for Preware then...
    Another day, another no update. My TP is updated for days now but my Pre 3 still hasn't got it. Maybe I'll wait for webOS Internals to package it up for Preware then...
    Is the update package not in your App Catalog???

I know you're not in a country where webOS devices released to native carriers. I thought you had Impostah'd your way into the German App Cat.

Are you relying on Software Manager? Pre 3 NA is not on the supported list from HP and may not get the notice via SM.

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Message I get when I try to update HP App Catalog on my HP TouchPad "Not enough storage to Download You must clear space on your drive before you can download" . I have a 32g model and in device info it says 32 GB available 19.7 GB. Reboot does not help. I rebooted and tried to download the update and now it's saying Unable to resolve Host.
    Install failed.

I updated the HP Catalog First. I rebooted. Still get Install Failed.

Ideas?
    eastcoastshane likes this.
    Pre3 (US AT&T) and Veer both updated OK after both were notified an App Catalog update was available. Have not seen notification on TP so will do a manual search of the catalog.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast