Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bennygarcia14 View Post
    I turned clock to July 22, now I can not install any application. Need help tks
    Set date to 20th July 2013

Install just the update for HP Catalog

reboot

Set date to current date

Sometimes it needs a reboot more. But it is true, many (all other?) apps cannot be installed with a system date of July.
    Hello,

I haven't used my touchpad for a year since I left it in the States when I went overseas for work.
    I come back and find out that nothing is working, and that HP took its hands off WebOS now
    I updated the App Catalog by pushing back my clock, but I still can't download anything off the App Catalog and it's killing me. I believe I just had the worst timing, and have to deal with a non-update capability touchpad.
    Anyone know what else I can do. I'm not a tech wiz, so in layman terms please haha.
    Hi, Janice...

Per the previous post in this thread, you might need to run through the procedure a couple of times. I just went through a similar experience with my replacement Pre3. Best advice is cold boot the unit (shut down, power off, power on), set clock, update app catalog, reboot, set clock.

Good luck. I'm confident that eventually, you'll get it to take the updated cert.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by JaniceSo View Post
    Hello,

I haven't used my touchpad for a year since I left it in the States when I went overseas for work.
    I come back and find out that nothing is working, and that HP took its hands off WebOS now
    I updated the App Catalog by pushing back my clock, but I still can't download anything off the App Catalog and it's killing me. I believe I just had the worst timing, and have to deal with a non-update capability touchpad.
    Anyone know what else I can do. I'm not a tech wiz, so in layman terms please haha.
    I'm wondering why you could update the App Catalog... Or did you just describe that wrong?
    You need to install a seperate app from the App Cataloge, called App Cataloge Update. The updates to the App Cataloge won't work anymore (alone, you can still do them after installing the update app).

See here for the steps: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    Worked for me three times, now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    I'm wondering why you could update the App Catalog... Or did you just describe that wrong?
    You need to install a seperate app from the App Cataloge, called App Cataloge Update. The updates to the App Cataloge won't work anymore (alone, you can still do them after installing the update app).

See here for the steps: https://developer.palm.com/support/applicationupdate
    Worked for me three times, now.
    My problem is: I had to doctor the TouchPad and am now stuck. The App Cat itself will not install (Yellow exclamation mark: install failed). So I cannot even open the App Cat to install the App Cat update.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    I also had to doctor my TP following a rather nasty ACL issue! Anyway, wait for eveything to load and fail. Load up Preware, load app tuckerbox, etc.....

In preware now is the catalog update and the certificate. Install with Preware and sit back and wait for everything to start working.

It took 2 days for me top get the TP back to a working device with all my patches.

I added them all manually just in case there was a conflict with ACL, rather than using my save/restore file.
    In preware, I was able to find the HP App Catalog itself, marked as "installed". I removed the package thru Preware. Now I cant find the App Cat thru Preware anymore.

A search for Certificate in Preware yields nothing.

/edit: An App Cat icon now magically reappeared on my app list, ofc with some yellow exclamation marks. If I try to start the catalog, it just opens a mojo phone something without any functions. Trying to update again thru the software manager just fails.

I tried the nodeleteIPK patch. But as the App Cat download fails instantly, no download to the device is even made.

No clue what else I could do.

/edit2: got mad and doctored again. Nearly all Apps including the catalog now have the exclamation mark. Cant start the App Cat, can't redownload it, can't do nothing. Is there any fix?
    Last edited by hux; 10/31/2013 at 06:30 AM.
    Change you date to 20-Jun-2013, download the update, reboot, change date back to normal date and you should be OK.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Preware etc... The certificate is called: App Catalog Update. It is v3.0.0 dated 6/7/13

(com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_3.0.0.ipk)

Hopefully you can get this.

Dropbox link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pia7xi5wbd...date_3.0.0.ipk
    Last edited by MikeN68; 11/01/2013 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added ipk link
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I am also having problems with this and your download link needs a username and password
    Global Posts
    333 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mike10dude View Post
    I am also having problems with this and your download link needs a username and password
    Dropbox link added to above post - I hope this link is OK to add . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    My problem is: I had to doctor the TouchPad and am now stuck. The App Cat itself will not install (Yellow exclamation mark: install failed). So I cannot even open the App Cat to install the App Cat update.

Any ideas?
    If you are stuck at this point (and you will be) do the following:

1. Open up Software Manager
    2. Scroll to App Cataloge
    3. Tap on it
    4. It will complain that something can't install
    5. Tell it to not try re-downloading, cancel update whatever
    6. If you have the HP App Cataloge Update App installed, uninstall that, too.

Now you have the old app cataloge software. That is good. That is what you want. Now do what you were told before:

1. Open up App Cataloge
    2. Search for HP App Cataloge Update
    3. Yes, it is a new app
    4. It has a different logo
    5. Install that app through the App Cataloge
    6. Yes, it will work, if you set the date back to 2013-07-20

Now you're done. Set the date back to the actual date and everything is fine.

So in short:
    Do not "update" App Catalog. You need to install a separate app for that now!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post

So in short:
    Do not "update" App Catalog. You need to install a separate app for that now!!!
    Must be different on the Touchpad. I had to doctor my Pre3 yesterday because it would not restore my backup when I changed to my 'normal' Palm Profile, and I updated the app catalog from Software Manager after changing the date.
    I had this with a Pre3, too.
    Received a TP 4G yesterday (bought on eBay.com, i am in the Netherlands).

When I started the TP and linked it to my Palm-account it downloaded all my apps and data. Nothing worked (apps start but stop with a reference to http://index.html). So I got stuck with all my apps with an exclamation mark on the icons.

I forgot the right forum with the solution (yes, on this site, webosnations ) but i went to the software manager and tapped on the exclamation mark next to the app catalog, and it asked if i wanted to revert to the previous version of the app. I confirmed, and had a working app catalog again. Then reset the date to the 1st of july, started the app catalog, and searched for the App Catalog Update App.
    After running this once, i rebooted, and set the date to yesterday and the software manager started to update all the apps. A lot still got an exclamation mark, but i think that is because all the apps were downloaded at once. When i tapped such an application and redownloaded everything installed just fine.

Hope this helps someone...
    Had to doctor my Pre2

First activation worked ok, but I had a bit of trouble with the cert.

Altered date to before July 23 2013
    From the App Catalog, I installed the update (if you try to update App Catalog from software manager, this renders the app catalog unusable, but a "revert" fixes it)
    This was apparently successful, but still couldn't install anything.
    Several reboots later, I installed preware, & Internalz Pro. Found the certificate (see earlier posts about this) and opened it. Date was 2013. I then tapped on "Trust Certificate" , made sure time was set to network time, and rebooted.
    Hey presto, everything works.

Don't know why I had to manually trust the cert, but hopefully this might help someone else.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    After 3 attempts of sending my time back installing the updates and rebooting and setting the time forward I've finally been able to update my apps. unfortunately I have run into one problem.

When I try to update maps or Quickoffice the system says the file is trying to download is unknown megabytes in size and I need to uninstall other applications to make room. I redoctored my touchpad and there is no issue in storage space. Has anyone else seen this problem? If so how did you resolve it?

Sent from my XT1056 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by poehoes View Post
    Received a TP 4G yesterday (bought on eBay.com, i am in the Netherlands).

When I started the TP and linked it to my Palm-account it downloaded all my apps and data. Nothing worked (apps start but stop with a reference to http://index.html). So I got stuck with all my apps with an exclamation mark on the icons.

I forgot the right forum with the solution (yes, on this site, webosnations ) but i went to the software manager and tapped on the exclamation mark next to the app catalog, and it asked if i wanted to revert to the previous version of the app. I confirmed, and had a working app catalog again. Then reset the date to the 1st of july, started the app catalog, and searched for the App Catalog Update App.
    After running this once, i rebooted, and set the date to yesterday and the software manager started to update all the apps. A lot still got an exclamation mark, but i think that is because all the apps were downloaded at once. When i tapped such an application and redownloaded everything installed just fine.

Hope this helps someone...
    The same problem here. had not used tablet in awhile. cannot update the apps catalog (has a black dot). Changed date to July 1, 2013 and rebooted. All apps fail to reinstall - no apps refresh or download.
    What happens when I click on App Catalog:
    Opens screen that is black with white rectangle (like phone) and
    Opens browser to http://index.html/ and a message pops up that says "Error Unable to resolve host" with an OK button.

I tap on the exclamation mark, but it says nothing about reverting to previous app. I am getting too frustrated.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dweiums View Post
    The same problem here. had not used tablet in awhile. cannot update the apps catalog (has a black dot). Changed date to July 1, 2013 and rebooted. All apps fail to reinstall - no apps refresh or download.
    What happens when I click on App Catalog:
    Opens screen that is black with white rectangle (like phone) and
    Opens browser to http://index.html/ and a message pops up that says "Error Unable to resolve host" with an OK button.

I tap on the exclamation mark, but it says nothing about reverting to previous app. I am getting too frustrated.
    This what I did. I first set the date Pre 7/21/13. Then I downloaded the new HP app catalog (I may had to use Preware). Then set t the date forward to today. Rebooted and then update the apps. I may had to remove them and reinstall. It took a few times for it to work.

I had a strange error updating quick office and maps saying I needed to uninstall done apps to make some room but it self corrected.

Sent from my XT1056 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Let's go LG, be not like HP.

Qualcom 2700 > Touchpoint Dual Band> Samsung n400> Treo 650> Treo 800w> LG Optimus S> Pre > Franken Pre 2 > Moto X
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Preware etc... The certificate is called: App Catalog Update. It is v3.0.0 dated 6/7/13

(com.palm.app.appcatalogupdate_3.0.0.ipk)

Hopefully you can get this.

Dropbox link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pia7xi5wbd...date_3.0.0.ipk
    THANK-YOU!!!!

I had to doctor my TP and could not get the catalog update to update or load the update app. Your ipk did the trick. Thank-you again.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast