Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Is the update package not in your App Catalog???

I know you're not in a country where webOS devices released to native carriers. I thought you had Impostah'd your way into the German App Cat.

Are you relying on Software Manager? Pre 3 NA is not on the supported list from HP and may not get the notice via SM.
    Yes, I've Impostah'd myself in the German App Catalog months ago. Still works fine and I got the update via Software Manager on my Touchpad so it's not a problem with my profile or anything.

But if it's not gonna show up via SM on my Pre 3, how else will I be able to get it (besides waiting for webOS Internalz to package it up for Preware)?
    @vistaus, did already check the direct http links in the other cert threads?
    (I assume you tried complete shutdown/short time battery take out/ perhaps insert missing SIM (if not CDMA) / reboot made and time sync via "ClockSync" app has been made already.)

I only can say it has nothing to do with german app cat as it worked for my Pre 2/3 and TP.
    @gizmo: Thanks, but it's not necessary anymore. Finally, after days of waiting, my Pre 3 updated the App Catalog. Now my TP and Pre 3 are both up-to-date
    ananimus likes this.
    For some reason my Pre Plus on 2.1 is not getting the notification. Based on the description of the update app made for 1.x devices in the catalog, I think they have made that compatible with all devices - at least they've certainly made it *available* to all devices, as it shows up on all I my devices. I installed that on the Pre Plus and one of my Touchpads that wasn't getting the update as well. For all I know, it copied them to the wrong place. We will see if it works. If not, I should have the IPK saved on my other Touhpad since I have ipk deletes turned off. As for the Plus, it's really just a DEV phone anyway.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 06/10/2013 at 10:35 AM.
    Charence likes this.
    It worked on my Pre 3 when I went to the App catalogue, but the update is failing with my TP. All is get is the "install failed" message after the download completes.

I've tried to load it numerous times.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks much.
    Last edited by deibski; 06/12/2013 at 02:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by deibski View Post
    It worked on my Pre 3 when I went to the App catalogue, but the update is failing with my TP. All is get is the "update failed" message after the download completes.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks much.
    I'm getting the exact same problem. Everything worked on the Pre3. The app catalog update on my TP came in through software manager, but when I go to install the new app, I just get "Update Failed".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aressel View Post
    I'm getting the exact same problem. Everything worked on the Pre3. The app catalog update on my TP came in through software manager, but when I go to install the new app, I just get "Update Failed".
    I had the same problem, rebooting my TP and "deleting" the pending App Catalog update from "Software Manager" did the trick. It then found the update again, downloaded and installed without any issues
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    I had the same problem, rebooting my TP and "deleting" the pending App Catalog update from "Software Manager" did the trick. It then found the update again, downloaded and installed without any issues
    I tried that, Herrie, but it didn't work.
    What are the updated App Catalog's version numbers for the Pre3 and the TP?

My activation-bypassed Pre 3 got the update, but now I can't remember whether my TP did...seems likely, but I'm not sure.

On my Pre 3, the App Catalog is version number 2.1.10000 post-update.

My TP's App Catalog is currently version 5.0.3500.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755 > Palm Pre > [Pre 2] > [Pre3], Touchpad > iPhone 4S

Interaction designer looking for an opportunity to change the world for the better. Gadget/connected device fantasist. Distributed Cognition fan. Sci-fi/fantasy fan.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    What are the updated App Catalog's version numbers for the Pre3 and the TP?
    On my Pre 3, the App Catalog is version number 2.1.10000 post-update.
    My TP's App Catalog is currently version 5.0.3500.
    These are already the updated version numbers, the TP's was before 5.0.3400. I have updated my Pre3 before noting the previous version number.
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    How does one review the root certificate on the device?
    How does one review the root certificate on the device?
    Use Internalz Pro to navigate to and open:

/etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem

Or use WOSQI to pull a copy from that location...

*Thanks to rwhitby for supplying the location in one of his posts.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 06/13/2013 at 01:19 PM.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    It worked on my Pre 3 when I went to the App catalogue, but the update is failing with my TP. All is get is the "install failed" message after the download completes.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks much.
    I too had big problems updating the Apps Catalog: 'update failure' and 'not enough storage for download' etc

See forum: App Catalog broken after update to 2.1.10000

(I think I searched for 'App Catalog Update Failures')

My problem/description is post #18, the solution followed is post #19
    Quote Originally Posted by RumoredNow View Post
    Use Internalz Pro to navigate to and open:

/etc/ssl/certs/trustedcerts/PalmWebOS.pem

Or use WOSQI to pull a copy from that location...

*Thanks to rwhitby for supplying the location in one of his posts.
    Found the WebOSRoot certificate, thank you. Apparently it expires April 27, 2037. I guess my certificate is updated. Now the million dollar question is, why did it say that the installation failed when I attempted to update?

Thank you all for your help. I believe I'm good to go. Strange though re: the failure message.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Worked for me but the App catalog apparently doesn't reflect that I downloaded and installed the update. Is this with everyone? version stays at 5.0.3500.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by synchron View Post
    Worked for me but the App catalog apparently doesn't reflect that I downloaded and installed the update. Is this with everyone? version stays at 5.0.3500.
    This is the correct version, the version before was 5.0.3400.
    Pre³ (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Didn't receive the update notification on both my Pre+ and my Pre3 (o2 germany), so I had to install the update manually via "HP Catalog Update" App in the App Catalog.
    On my Touchpad, when I try to install "HP Catalog Update", I get an error...
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    Didn't receive the update notification on both my Pre+ and my Pre3 (o2 germany), so I had to install the update manually via "HP Catalog Update" App in the App Catalog.
    On my Touchpad, when I try to install "HP Catalog Update", I get an error...
    Manually check your certificate (as shown above) for the TouchPad. Some are reporting that they have the new cert even after the fail message...
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    <thread "stickied">

A good bit of info to keep around
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Originally Posted by imfallen_angel
    "..You MUST update your phone or any WebOS device with the new HP catalog app, otherwise, past the July 23rd date, you'll lose your ability to access the catalog, access the WebOS servers (cloud) for backups and restores, and any other services with HP's servers.."

~~

Unless you choose/miss the 23rd July cert expiry deadline - in which case set your device to 22nd July 2013 and then download the Cert Update 'App' from the Catalog as is?

I turned clock to July 22, now I can not install any application. Need help tks
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast