Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I wonder if there will be any updates to the ubuntuchroot as I think the repositories for natty-narwhal repositories under ports.ubuntu.com seem to be gone suddenly recently!?
    Quote Originally Posted by wang_r1w2 View Post
    I wonder if there will be any updates to the ubuntuchroot as I think the repositories for natty-narwhal repositories under ports.ubuntu.com seem to be gone suddenly recently!?
    I also search for them, I wanted to see if I could upgrade to 13.04 that is ready xda-developerr say.

Ubuntu 13.04 Final Release - xda-developers

they installed dual boot, but I want it to run on webOS.
    the versions you see in preware only install the bare bones of that version of ubuntu, you can however manually update to any higher version yourself, it does work, its only the version number shown in xecutah remains the hardcoded "original" in name only.

for example my 11.04 which shows in executah is actually 13.x

you could then also install the 12.x chroot and have it update to the exact same 13.x if you wanted keeping 2 seperate versions, perhaps incase 1 broke or you used 1 for testing potentially dangerous stuff likely to break the install.

if you want to go further you can then also install debian, they all stack up seperatly but all co-exist in the ext3fs partition sharing the storage space.

by and large the chroots are basic/barebones, the actual extra configuring/extra software installs are done manually by yourself via terminal apt-add or using something like synaptic.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    the versions you see in preware only install the bare bones of that version of ubuntu, you can however manually update to any higher version yourself, it does work, its only the version number shown in xecutah remains the hardcoded "original" in name only.

for example my 11.04 which shows in executah is actually 13.x

you could then also install the 12.x chroot and have it update to the exact same 13.x if you wanted keeping 2 seperate versions, perhaps incase 1 broke or you used 1 for testing potentially dangerous stuff likely to break the install.

if you want to go further you can then also install debian, they all stack up seperatly but all co-exist in the ext3fs partition sharing the storage space.

by and large the chroots are basic/barebones, the actual extra configuring/extra software installs are done manually by yourself via terminal apt-add or using something like synaptic.

In my ubuntu I try to

do-release-upgrade-d

and does not work
    : (
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    In my ubuntu I try to

do-release-upgrade-d

and does not work
    : (
    sudo do-release-upgrade -d

space after "upgrade"

heres a snippet of me using the command on my PC

Code:
    xtro@Power-PC:~$ sudo do-release-upgrade -d
    [sudo] password for xtro: 
    Checking for a new Ubuntu release
    Get:1 Upgrade tool signature [198 B]                                           
    Get:2 Upgrade tool [1,204 kB]                                                  
    Fetched 1,204 kB in 0s (0 B/s)                                                 
    authenticate 'saucy.tar.gz' against 'saucy.tar.gz.gpg' 
    extracting 'saucy.tar.gz'
    MAMISHO likes this.
    sudo do-release-upgrade -d

space after "upgrade"

heres a snippet of me using the command on my PC

Code:
    xtro@Power-PC:~$ sudo do-release-upgrade -d
    [sudo] password for xtro: 
    Checking for a new Ubuntu release
    Get:1 Upgrade tool signature [198 B]                                           
    Get:2 Upgrade tool [1,204 kB]                                                  
    Fetched 1,204 kB in 0s (0 B/s)                                                 
    authenticate 'saucy.tar.gz' against 'saucy.tar.gz.gpg' 
    extracting 'saucy.tar.gz'

It worked, I'm upgrading from version 11.10

apt-get install update-manager-core
    do-release-upgrade -d
    they could include in the installation script for e17?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPxvV4557uU[/YT]

or could help me to get it functioning if I have to start it from the terminal with :

sudo /usr/bin/enlightenment_star

looks very fast, I think it takes a lot of resources, and also feels better touch gestures min 3:33
    but all experimental/flakey, expect issues, ive had quite a few updates before things calmed down and became useable, by far 11.x and 12.x hav ebeen far more stable, if you dont mind problems or waiting for fixes/updates then 13.x is fine, if you dont want the hassle, stick to 11.x or 12.x
    MAMISHO likes this.
    Trying to simply install update-manager-core from the line doesn't work.

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-Ball View Post
    Trying to simply install update-manager-core from the line doesn't work.

Any ideas?
    If you start with 11.x and install ubuntu as per the instructions below.

Easy Autoconfiguration for Ubuntu

that script is made for 11.x, but once you actually have 11.x installed and that custom script installs all the required bits and pieces it can then be upgraded as normal to 12-13x and the update manager should work correctly.
    If you start with 11.x and install ubuntu as per the instructions below.

Easy Autoconfiguration for Ubuntu

that script is made for 11.x, but once you actually have 11.x installed and that custom script installs all the required bits and pieces it can then be upgraded as normal to 12-13x and the update manager should work correctly.
    Do the instructions take into account the inability to install wget?

I've been (with some editing of sources.list) able to get the installed version up to 12.10, but no further (the updater fails on getting 13.04- it's claiming it can't find the 'armel' channel, which is understandable since that line's obsolete).
    I have 11.04 installed. The commands start, but I get a 404 error every time when they go to the ubintu site to d/l the files. Any ideas? (yes, armel) . And internet works just fine.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Do the instructions take into account the inability to install wget?

I've been (with some editing of sources.list) able to get the installed version up to 12.10, but no further (the updater fails on getting 13.04- it's claiming it can't find the 'armel' channel, which is understandable since that line's obsolete).
    sudo apt-get install wget

?
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    I have 11.04 installed. The commands start, but I get a 404 error every time when they go to the ubintu site to d/l the files. Any ideas? (yes, armel) . And internet works just fine.
    bog standard 11.04 or 11.04 and the autoconfig script downloads?
    sudo apt-get install wget

?
    I think the repositories for natty-narwhal repositories under ports.ubuntu.com seem to be gone suddenly recently!?
    I think the repositories for natty-narwhal repositories under ports.ubuntu.com seem to be gone suddenly recently!?
    use internalZ or ubuntu itsself to check the sources.list file, in ubuntu it will be in /etc/apt if using internalZ it will be in /media/ext3fs/ubuntu-natty-chroot/etc/apt

can always make sure the file is there and is populated, theres also a useful site : Ubuntu Sources List Generator which can help build one.

if the sources.list file is ok then im not sure offhand, i cant recall if i ever came accross that issue myself just yet, id probably have to scour google/random ubuntu forums for hints.
    bog standard 11.04 or 11.04 and the autoconfig script downloads?
    Sorry, don't know what that means. I have latest wget installed.
    Shneor
    Sorry, don't know what that means. I have latest wget installed.
    if you check a few posts up i mention the autoconfig script, this sets up a really good/functioning 11.x install, if you have used that it "should" work, if youve setup your ubuntu manually then your at the mercy of fixing the update errors/bus issues and a considerable amount more issues that were typically fixed in the autoconfig script.
    if you check a few posts up i mention the autoconfig script, this sets up a really good/functioning 11.x install, if you have used that it "should" work, if youve setup your ubuntu manually then your at the mercy of fixing the update errors/bus issues and a considerable amount more issues that were typically fixed in the autoconfig script.
    Set it up over a year ago, I believe I did use an autoconfig script (prior setup was manual), don't know which I used. Anyway, it's looking at a URL that no longer exists. There should be a simple way to fix this by changing the location in wherever apt-get gets it from.

Shneor
    Shneor
    Set it up over a year ago, I believe I did use an autoconfig script (prior setup was manual), don't know which I used. Anyway, it's looking at a URL that no longer exists. There should be a simple way to fix this by changing the location in wherever apt-get gets it from.

Shneor
    yup its the sources.list file i mention several post(s) up, maybe the natty links are now dead/unsupported?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast