Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I just edited /etc/apt/sources.list or whatever it was, and changed natty to oneiric, then upgraded my release. (the update-manager-core oneiric version should work on natty). Or usr apt-get dist-upgrade.
    I do wish there was an uograded version though, so whrn I restore/reinstall ubuntu chroot, I wouldn't hafto do this every time
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    they could include in the installation script for e17?

or could help me to get it functioning if I have to start it from the terminal with :

sudo /usr/bin/enlightenment_star

looks very fast, I think it takes a lot of resources, and also feels better touch gestures min 3:33
    yea I tried it, looks good but keeps crashing on start, and need to restart it or reconfigure something to get it to show/start
    Quote Originally Posted by wang_r1w2 View Post
    I just edited /etc/apt/sources.list or whatever it was, and changed natty to oneiric, then upgraded my release. (the update-manager-core oneiric version should work on natty). Or usr apt-get dist-upgrade.
    I do wish there was an uograded version though, so whrn I restore/reinstall ubuntu chroot, I wouldn't hafto do this every time
    How far do you get? Can you actually get Raring (13.04), or does the updater continue to fail at Precise?

This also doesn't seem to make the auto-config script work, either (it doesn't create a user account nor does it properly install LXDE).

EDIT: Changing the sources.list file to use old-releases.ubuntu.com will permit the auto-configure script to work,
    (old-releases.ubuntu.com/ubuntu natty main universe)
    but the updater fails.

Switching BACK to ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu quantal will make the updater (do-upgrade-release) work initially, and it seems to still work in Oneiric and Precise (needed to clear /tmp for that update as it had filled up for some reason).

Do-release-upgrade choked on Quantal, but apt-get dist-upgrade did the job for that one.
    The updater bug that this version has pops up at this point, and adding quantal-updates as a repository solves that, but...
    Last edited by Q-Ball; 07/01/2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Rolling progress...
    How does the distribution go from ARMEL to ARMHF?

I can't find any information on how that works, and the updater (do-release-upgrade -d) fails because it can't find main/binary-armel/Packages in the release file.

Also, is there any configuration that should be set to have a long-press on the screen act as a right-click? (It seems to have been lost in the updates.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Q-Ball View Post
    How does the distribution go from ARMEL to ARMHF?

I can't find any information on how that works, and the updater (do-release-upgrade -d) fails because it can't find main/binary-armel/Packages in the release file.

Also, is there any configuration that should be set to have a long-press on the screen act as a right-click? (It seems to have been lost in the updates.)
    hold 1 finger onscreen and tap a second, this was intrudoced to xserver a while back i think, same as a 3 finger tap onscreen to bring up/dismiss the keyboard.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    How does the updater change the installed system from 'armel' to 'armhf'?
    If it's supposed to do this naturally, how (as it's failing to get 13.04 armel files, which isn't surprising since that version doesn't have them)?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    If it's supposed to do this naturally, how (as it's failing to get 13.04 armel files, which isn't surprising since that version doesn't have them)?
    I would like to bump this thread. Has anyone succeeded in upgrading Ubuntu (in chroot) to thr latest Armhf version?

PS: Even better would be to 'upgrade' to a better distro than Ubuntu - it's not hard to find one :-)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I would like to bump this thread. Has anyone succeeded in upgrading the Ubuntu (in chroot) to the latest Armhf version?

PS: Even better would be 'upgrading' to some better distro, it's not hard to find one :-)
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I would like to bump this thread. Has anyone succeeded in upgrading the Ubuntu (in chroot) to the latest Armhf version?
    Quote Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
    tried "sudo do-release-upgrade" and "sudo do-release-upgrade -d" ?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12