Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wang_r1w2
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I was wondering if it's possible to run optware along with Ubuntu chroot.
    I have an. Ext3fs partition created with Tailor.
    I also search for them, I wanted to see if I could upgrade to 13.04 that is ready x-pda say.

Ubuntu 13.04 Final Release - xda-developers

they installed dual boot, but I want it to run on webOS.
    if ext3 exists physically/partitioned then optware does idd co-exist, if no ext3 exists then optware just creates a "fake" ext3fs loop mount (think of a hardfile that emulators/virtualbox uses etc) so that no re-partitioning is required.

optware just needs any reference to ext3fs, you have one so it will use it, if you didnt a fake small one is made, either way works, things just go a bit weird if you later delete your real ext3fs with tailor, optware will probably go a bit weird until you remove/re-install to re-create a fake/temp ext3fs.

if you want ubuntu 13.x in regular ubuntu chroot then just sudo a release-upgrade with the -d option i think it is from terminal and it should pickup 13.x

been a while since ive done it, easy enough to google around for doing update-releases to 13.x its the options afterwards im not sure of offhand.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    for optware I'm not using the loopback fs so does that mean that I can install ubuntu chroot right alongside it?
    Quote Originally Posted by wang_r1w2 View Post
    for optware I'm not using the loopback fs so does that mean that I can install ubuntu chroot right alongside it?
    if you have a loop ext3fs or a proper partitioned one then all is well, the only restriction/problem would be the size of the partition, if you have space then optware and/or chroot will install just fine.

also the 3 different chroots share the ext3fs space but dont overwrite each other, they remain seperate and safe to install with each other.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 06/09/2013 at 09:14 AM.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    thx
    yay now I keep my shell as Bourne!
    MAMISHO likes this.