Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes
  1.    #1  
    Something horrible happen i went to my car and my window was broken and my hp touchpad go was gone! What can i do? I miss it soo much! Anyway to contact hp for help?
    Wow! That is heartbreaking!! Did you happen to record the serial number or make note of any identifying marks on the device? I think you can get the serial number from the Palm Profile Site. If I were you, I'd start monitoring craigslist for touchapad go posts, and maybe even call around to nearby Pawn shops.

I'm not sure if HP would be willing to help, but if you had the device configured for automatic backups, and the criminal connects it to the internet, I imagine the IP would be logged on their server.

Other things to check: if you had gmail or facebook accounts on the device, both services provide an interface for monitoring the IP addresses of connected accounts. You may get lucky and get the criminal's IP address that way.

More Info;

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/45938?hl=en

https://www.facebook.com/settings?ta...=sessions&view
    I would definitely file a police report with a good description and a serial number.... because a lot of recovered property goes unclaimed and is then sold at police auctions for pennies on the dollar.

Then of course we should all monitor Craigslist and eBay for any Touchpad GO listings. Considering how rare these are and the lack of a publicly available Doctor, we might catch someone sooner or later.

Good luck and if you find the serial number, post it....
    @bradmeister1,

Thanks for the detailed list... perhaps we should put together an official procedure on handling device theft.

BTW, i just logged into the Palm Profile website for the first time, and saw my devices listed, serial number and device ID. Good find
    maybe if you put you car back in the same spot, the guy would break in just to return the "iPad mini" or "Kindle"

but anyways, given the rarity, any TPGo's popping up locally would raise a red flag, but if they knew what it was called, i doubt they'd be dumb enough to do that. but who knows, i'd been impressed before
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Major commiserations!

Hopefully the thief soon discovered that he hasn't actually got an iPad 'Mini', can't charge it and tries to sell it
    publicly as 'bricked'!

The webOS Network has your back..

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Remy X and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmarquis9 View Post
    Something horrible happen i went to my car and my window was broken and my hp touchpad go was gone! What can i do? I miss it soo much! Anyway to contact hp for help?
    That... just... hurts... And it isn't even my TP Go. I can only imagine your pain.

I'm hoping you get some leads and the thief gets some free room and board (courtesy of jail).
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Remy X, boovish and xandros9 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    @bradmeister1,

Thanks for the detailed list... perhaps we should put together an official procedure on handling device theft.
    Good Idea, Remy X! In the next few days, I'll draft something up and post it in a new thread, so that others can contribute!

mrmarquis9: I wish you well with your search! I can only imagine what you are going through, but I may already hold more disdain for this thief, than Leo A...

We've all got our eyes open, and we'll let you know if we see any suspicious TP Go transactions!
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    @bradmeister1,

BTW, i just logged into the Palm Profile website for the first time, and saw my devices listed, serial number and device ID. Good find
    Yes! We should have a new subsection called Device Fraud and we could help recover stolen devices
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Remy X, RumoredNow and xandros9 like this.
    @boovish,

Perfect! We should keep a blacklist of stolen devices and of phones that are in bad standing at their carriers (a definite no-buy). And an official procedure on handling device theft. This definitely deserves its own subforum.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    This is a rare device, so if it shows up on the web, it should be spotted. A petty thief making an opportunistic theft will likely try to sell it 'locally' so if the OP can tell us the country or locale that might focus eyes that are in the area or on those sections of online auction sites and classifieds.
    Remy X and xandros9 like this.
  12.    #12  
    Does anyone have a extra HP Touchpad Go they want to sell?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    This is a rare device, so if it shows up on the web, it should be spotted. A petty thief making an opportunistic theft will likely try to sell it 'locally' so if the OP can tell us the country or locale that might focus eyes that are in the area or on those sections of online auction sites and classifieds.
    what he said

on an unrelated note, i've been sifting through craigslist a lot recently (hoping for that one phone deal) and there's this guy who's trying to sell several empty boxes for $10-20 (i kid you not, the listings say "<device> empty box only", and it's only $20 for the Apple ones!)
    My Palm OS Archive
    Mutoidi likes this.
    Does anyone have a extra HP Touchpad Go they want to sell?
    I hate to be a "Busybody," in such a horrible situation, but I am curious: Had you just recently acquired the stolen Touchpad Go? If that is the case, then I feel even worse for you!

i would like a go! Do you have anymore?
    Also, how many rare webOS device have been stolen from you? Sounds like you may need to get a safe to compliment any future webOS devices...

I sent a message to Enda McGrath today because some kid stole my pre 3 today at school I'm truly crushed that the kid doesn't even care that I spend $300 for that phone. I waiting for a reply. Wish me luck
    on an unrelated note, i've been sifting through craigslist a lot recently (hoping for that one phone deal) and there's this guy who's trying to sell several empty boxes for $10-20 (i kid you not, the listings say "<device> empty box only", and it's only $20 for the Apple ones!)
    Unrelated?

Why, an empty box is only of use to someone who has a phone without a box! If you spent several hundred $$$ on a smart phone, it might be worth keeping the box in case you sold it soon enough to get a return on it.

Which sells for more?
    Smartphone?
    Smartphone with accessories?
    Smartphone with accessories in original packaging?
    Smartphone with accessories, BNIB....?

So what if for some reason you acquired the device without a box?

I'm not saying there aren't legitimate buyers, but a $20 box can add even more value to an expensive item.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Unrelated?

Why, an empty box is only of use to someone who has a phone without a box! If you spent several hundred $$$ on a smart phone, it might be worth keeping the box in case you sold it soon enough to get a return on it.

Which sells for more?
    Smartphone?
    Smartphone with accessories?
    Smartphone with accessories in original packaging?
    Smartphone with accessories, BNIB....?

So what if for some reason you acquired the device without a box?

I'm not saying there aren't legitimate buyers, but a $20 box can add even more value to an expensive item.
    that's true, i would think it would be nice to troll people

i did that to a friend with a Mac mini box - it wasn't heavy enough though
    My Palm OS Archive
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradmeister1 View Post
    I hate to be a "Busybody," in such a horrible situation, but I am curious: Had you just recently acquired the stolen Touchpad Go? If that is the case, then I feel even worse for you!

Also, how many rare webOS device have been stolen from you? Sounds like you may need to get a safe to compliment any future webOS devices...
    I had the Hp touchpad go for about a month and i used it for developer purposes! It was convenient since i wanted to learn how to develop. Does anyone know how to contact Enda McGrath? He helped me when my pre 3 was stolen and i couldn't thank him enough! It's great to have Hp enployees that actually care for the customer and i know i've had many devices stolen bad luck i guess? If i can find another one im never taking out in public again!
    I had the Hp touchpad go for about a month and i used it for developer purposes! It was convenient since i wanted to learn how to develop. Does anyone know how to contact Enda McGrath? He helped me when my pre 3 was stolen and i couldn't thank him enough! It's great to have Hp enployees that actually care for the customer and i know i've had many devices stolen bad luck i guess? If i can find another one im never taking out in public again!
    Someone here did 'Twitter' Enda recently re. the Cert Renewal situation.

Hey.. absolutely the very best ever possible Computer you could ever own, is still safely lodged inside your skull!
    .. and I sincerely hope no one ever tries to rip that one off you Bro!

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Someone here did 'Twitter' Enda recently re. the Cert Renewal situation.

Hey.. absolutely the very best ever possible Computer you could ever own, is still safely lodged inside your skull!
    .. and I sincerely hope no one ever tries to rip that one off you Bro!

I sent him a message on webosnation. but i doubt he is ever coming back on here :/ so whats his twitter.
    I sent him a message on webosnation. but i doubt he is ever coming back on here :/ so whats his twitter.
    Seriously?

Let me google that for you
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast