1.    #1  
    Hello!

I have two touchpads. They are great devices. Last year, I went through the entire Palm catalog, official app catalogue and precentral and downloaded one or two hundred apps to the first touchpad. Lots of good stuff. I would like to add these apps to the second touchpad without installing the apps individually from the app stores. Can I do some sort of bulk transfer? Both touchpads are connected to the same account. Thanks in advance.

Mike
    No bulk transfers... you'll have to do it the "correct" way and install them via the store. But if you doctor the second device, it will reinstall all apps associated with that profile automatically.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks!
    Actually, if you install the WiFi File Sharing app on both Touchpads, you can do a bulk transfer.

But, things like patches do have to be reinstalled manually, and any apps that use pre- and post-install scripts might be broken. Apps like NDrive, which check a unique device ID, will also have some issues...
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    Actually, if you install the WiFi File Sharing app on both Touchpads, you can do a bulk transfer.
    ??? hmm - how would you do that?
    I assume every app needs some install scripts to be run. Not sure if such install code is still available after install .. (?)
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications....

With both TP's set as network shares, you just copy the directories over, and not every app needs to do additional setup, some are pretty portable and will re-create missing db entries and so on. Others are best reinstalled from scratch...
    Quote Originally Posted by Remy X View Post
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications....

With both TP's set as network shares, you just copy the directories over, and not every app needs to do additional setup, some are pretty portable and will re-create missing db entries and so on. Others are best reinstalled from scratch...
    Are the install packages for the app sitting around on the device at a certain location too ?

---
    It is too bad that synergy is not available at the app catalog level too. If you could mark apps as synced then they should be automatically installed to all devices in the same profile. This level of synchronization is not even available for the contact/calendar information for devices in the same profile. Not sure if open webOS has fixed this already(?)
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinH@webos View Post
    Are the install packages for the app sitting around on the device at a certain location too ?

[...]
    Those get deleted immediately after install (to reduce piracy levels), but GMMan put out a patch/guide to allow users to keep them. There's a link to it in the root certificate expiry thread...
    and there is an app 'mybackup' to save/restore instalked apps. But haven't tried it cross device so far, but instructions are found in my signatures Tips and tricks links.
    Well, you could try several ways to hack, fake, crack, copy, etc.

Or you could simply use the same account on both Touchpad, and do a restore on the second one, which will set it up to mimic the first one and pull in the same Apps.

I have three Touchpads, and that's what I've done...

If I wipe one, I simply restore it to the same account as the others and all the software reloads (aside Preware stuff of course).
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...