Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Today I cannot install apps, I get an error stating "not enough storage to download" I've got 3.8 GB available. What's going on? I've restarted the device, tried different apps, same result.
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  2. #2  
    From what I recall it sounds like /var or some part of it is filling up. There are some threads on things you can do (GMMan prob has them in his sig) to fix it. Off the top of my head, I think clearing your browser cache is one of them.
  3.    #3  
    Didn't think to search articles! This is where GMMan's sig took me, it worked.

    Fix "Not Enough Storage to Download" error (homebrew) | webOS Nation
    My gadget list-TouchPad, Pre 3, Pre 2, Pre+, Pixi+, Treo 700p, Treo 650, Centro, Handspring, Kyocera 6035, 7135-all with Verizon.
  4. #4  
    You're welcome. Glad I could point you in the right direction!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    You're welcome. Glad I could point you in the right direction!
    I'm getting that error on my CM9 modified Touchpad (with a pile of patches too), but the fix (Fix "Not Enough Storage to Download" error (homebrew) | webOS Nation) doesn't eliminate the message. I don't store any music, movies, and only a few PDFs and pictures on my TouchPad and still have 6.6GB available of free space.

    Deleting apps that I don't use any more don't free up space to even get small updates.

    It seems like somewhere the TouchPad has stuck itself on the notion that it is full (like that downloadhistory.db file, but again not that since it doesn't fix the problem) even though it doesn't appear to be full.

    I am very technical, but I'm not looking to spend a whole day rooting and reinstalling everything just so that I do the download to get the root certificate fix. So if anyone has an idea of which directory needs more space or which file is faking out the TP into thinking that it doesn't have space, I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks.
  6. #6  
    Okay more thread searching and I found more tips here: No Space Left: the real cause.

    This should be mentioned in the blog article intended to help with this problem (i.e. Fix "Not Enough Storage to Download" error (homebrew) | webOS Nation)
  7. #7  
    I am having the same issue with my touchpad. I have 23 GB available on my 32 GB device that does not have any homebrew on it. I have Gemini file manager on my touchpad. I can see the var/luna file but I do not see /var/luna/data folder. I do see var/file-cache. I hope some one can help me fix this issue as I do not want to reset my pad and loose my pictures and files. Thanks
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by katnou View Post
    I am having the same issue with my touchpad. I have 23 GB available on my 32 GB device that does not have any homebrew on it. I have Gemini file manager on my touchpad. I can see the var/luna file but I do not see /var/luna/data folder. I do see var/file-cache. I hope some one can help me fix this issue as I do not want to reset my pad and loose my pictures and files. Thanks
    If you're afraid to lose your pictures and files, regardless of your issues, you NEED to back those files over to a computer.

    You'd be in a bad situation if your Touchpad was to breakdown, get lost/broken/stolen.

    Always backup any files that you don't want to lose... always, it's easy enough and can save you enormous headaches/heartaches down the road.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
  9. #9  
    I just bought my HP touchpad 32g and am having problems getting free apps to install. I opened the HP app catalog and chose a free app then tapped download. It downloaded but then I was notified that the install failed. I tried a couple others that ended in the same result. Am I missing a step or something?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mezie View Post
    I just bought my HP touchpad 32g and am having problems getting free apps to install. I opened the HP app catalog and chose a free app then tapped download. It downloaded but then I was notified that the install failed. I tried a couple others that ended in the same result. Am I missing a step or something?
    Read this and follow the instructions for "after July 23rd."

    Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix

Similar Threads

  1. is there a way to install apps without using app catalog?
    By crookone10 in forum webOS Apps & Games
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08/27/2011, 02:34 PM
  2. App Catalog Install Failed on some apps
    By Dieter Bohn in forum WebOS Internals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08/26/2010, 10:30 AM
  3. I can't install Apps from the App catalog after update to 1.3.5.1
    By Funkadelick in forum Palm Pre and Pre Plus
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02/15/2010, 02:03 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12/19/2009, 03:07 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12/09/2009, 12:56 PM

Posting Permissions