1.    #1  
    For the past two days, the Kindle beta app has been crashing on my TP with the error:

"Application Error
    The application Amazon Kindle Beta has quit unexpectedly."

This occurs a few seconds after it loads a book at the last-read page. I've tried uninstalling an reinstalling the app (which required re-registering the device with Amazon).

Has anyone else has this problem and found a way to fix it?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeguychicago View Post
    For the past two days, the Kindle beta app has been crashing on my TP with the error:

"Application Error
    The application Amazon Kindle Beta has quit unexpectedly."

This occurs a few seconds after it loads a book at the last-read page. I've tried uninstalling an reinstalling the app (which required re-registering the device with Amazon).

Has anyone else has this problem and found a way to fix it?

Thanks!
    I hadn't used the Kindle app on my TP in 2-3 months, so I just went and checked, and it's doing the same thing yours is. I wonder if Amazon has updated the Kindle API in a way that's broken our (old) version. I sure hope not, but it wouldn't be a big shock if that's what's happened.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix
    I just opened my kindle app and it seems to work fine for me.

I have not opened the kindle app while connected to the internet for a while. I don't know if that is relevant, but you can try to open kindle while offline to see if you still have that problem.

I'm not sure an api change would cause this problem, though I am by no means an expert. kindle books are stored locally once purchased, and can be read offline. I don't think an api change would affect the reading part. An api change may affect the buying and syncing part, but Amazon has a while lot of dedicated devices out there, a lot of them are quite old. Making any changes would risk breaking them and making people upset.

Do you have this problem with one book in particular, or is this happening with all your books? Maybe it is something with that particular book that is causing a problem.
    I am in the UK and we didn't ever officially get this app, but I have it working with no errors?!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
    This happens to me every once in a while, but not recently. I never did figure out why. In the worst cases, I had to cycle the TP to solve the problem. Usually, fully closing the program (the downward pull/swipe) did the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I hadn't used the Kindle app on my TP in 2-3 months, so I just went and checked, and it's doing the same thing yours is. I wonder if Amazon has updated the Kindle API in a way that's broken our (old) version. I sure hope not, but it wouldn't be a big shock if that's what's happened.
    That was actually 3 straight attempts with the same error.

Right after I made that post, I closed Advanced Browser, then on a whim opened Kindle again--it worked perfectly fine. I haven't seen the error since. Weird.

Tungsten E, Treo 650, Pre+ (3), Preł (2), TouchPad (2), & my trusty Treo BT headset (in use!)
    Posts: Save/Restore Backup Process & Batch File | Activated! (Verizon Preł Activation) | "Not Enough Space To Download" Fix